Forum Software Updated. 8/10/2017

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Raoul said:

SO what's with this Club thing? Does a mod of the club have to accept when you join? And, I assume you have to be accepted in order to post?

Some clubs can be set up that way but I created all of the current initial batch of clubs and they are joinable by anyone without approval required.

24 minutes ago, Omega said:

Yea, and what are we (Clarksville) chop liver?

Ya'll would be considered as part of the Nashville / Middle-TN area in my opinion. :)

3 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Some clubs can be set up that way but I created all of the current initial batch of clubs and they are joinable by anyone without approval required.

Ya'll would be considered as part of the Nashville / Middle-TN area in my opinion. :)

Not a Club kinda guy so ok, but I rarely get out to Nashville, I hate that traffic.  Anywhere past that and I have to have a heck of a reason to venture that far.

4 hours ago, TGO David said:

Is it just me or does the forum seem generally faster and more responsive to page loads since the upgrade?  The new server has always been pretty quick but this is a whole other level of fast, based on what I have been seeing.

Much faster on my devices!!

13 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Hmm odd. I joined the Tri-Cities club but can't post in it. Using Firefox.

Haven't tried with Firefox yet but once you get up in da club there is a drop-down menu just under the banner.  It is set to "Home" by default.  Click on that and it exposes several more options including "yourclubnamehere topics".  Click on that and then you can make a post.  

Not all that intuitive but not too bad.

Update:  Works on Firefox mobile (iOS) but I haven't tried it on a proper computer yet.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Haven't tried with Firefox yet but once you get up in da club the is a drop-down menu just under the banner.  It is set to "Home" by default.  Click on that and it exposes several more options including "yourclubnamehere topics".  Click on that and then you can make a post.  

Works on Firefox mobile (iOS) but I haven't tried it on a proper computer yet.

Well holy carp, yes carp.........that's about unintuitive.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Haven't tried with Firefox yet but once you get up in da club there is a drop-down menu just under the banner.  It is set to "Home" by default.  Click on that and it exposes several more options including "yourclubnamehere topics".  Click on that and then you can make a post.  

Update:  Works on Firefox mobile (iOS) but I haven't tried it on a proper computer yet.

2 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Well holy carp, yes carp.........that's about unintuitive.

I'm reading that they are going to make some adjustments on the Clubs feature with the next maintenance release.  It is a new feature and the first iteration of it, so I am not entirely surprised that they need to polish it up some.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'm reading that they are going to make some adjustments on the Clubs feature with the next maintenance release.  It is a new feature and the first iteration of it, so I am not entirely surprised that they need to polish it up some.

It's OK, I'm just hàving a good whine before I quit for the week and have some good wine

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Club event postings must be approved by a moderator.  You can disregard the one I just posted for Social Distortion in Knoxville next Friday if you want.  More of a test than anything.

Yeah, let's try to keep the events relevant to shooting, TGO gatherings, etc.   I love me some Social Distortion, though. :)

• Like 1
  • Administrator
21 hours ago, btq96r said:

For now, or for the foreseeable future?

On 8/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, No_0ne said:

Is the current "theme", "skin", "display", whatever the only one available now?  I recently lost my sunglasses  and it's very bright in here ...

@btq96r and @No_0ne ... and anyone else who found the white color scheme to be terrible on the eyes:

Scroll to the bottom of the page.  Look for the "Themes" link.  Select it and then select "TGO Night Owls" from the options.  I hope that helps a little.

I'm almost done with the other Theme for the rest of the crowd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

@btq96r and @No_0ne ... and anyone else who found the white color scheme to be terrible on the eyes:

Scroll to the bottom of the page.  Look for the "Themes" link.  Select it and then select "TGO Night Owls" from the options.  I hope that helps a little.

I'm almost done with the other Theme for the rest of the crowd.

Ahh, much better!  Thanks.

In addition to the dank, the wood background is visible on the sides a bit again as well.  Always thought the forums look great (light or dark) framed against that a bit.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, btq96r said:

Ahh, much better!  Thanks.

In addition to the dank, the wood background is visible on the sides a bit again as well.  Always thought the forums look great (light or dark) framed against that a bit.

Very welcome, and thanks.  I like the wood background also. :)