Stolen

jgrauman

thought id give this a try... january 2004 my 1940 J.C. Higgins model 20 12g was stolen when my appartment was broken into in Johnson City, TN.. i believe it was my downstairs neighbor, but the cops didn't pursue. i thought i would post it up here.. not sure why, but maybe somebody might come across it someday. it had three interchangeable chokes and was stolen in a soft brown zipper case. this gun had been in my family for three generations and has caused some pain for my grandfather. here's a pic, i appreciate anybodies info or just keeping an out if you are into shotgun collecting. i know this probably seems stupid, but like i said, it won't hurt to try

Picture1-7.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how it feels. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me with a shotgun in my apt. a couple of years back. Mine wasn't a family heirloom though.

I hope you recover it.

Guest GlocKingTN

The local gunshop OWNER in the town I live in had his house broken into about 2 weeks ago. He had over 40+ guns in his gun safe. Which happened to be the ONLY thing they took. They unbolted it from the floor, took it down the road, got it open somehow, and took all the guns of high value and left the rest sitting there. I believe the owner said it was like over $75,000 worth gone. I would hate to be him! Needless to say, he is highly upset. He has also called the Safe's manufactorer and they said they didnt know if they would be able to cover it(the safe). What kinda mess is that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest merrkat

Make sure the serial number was entered into the NICS computer at the police dept. If it was then at some point it will come back up. We had a Ruger 22 returned to us after 11 years. Somebody had bought it off there cousin put it into the bottom of a drawer and ten years later tried to pawn it.

Right down the serial numbers of every gun u own.

Make sure the serial number was entered into the NICS computer at the police dept. If it was then at some point it will come back up. We had a Ruger 22 returned to us after 11 years. Somebody had bought it off there cousin put it into the bottom of a drawer and ten years later tried to pawn it.

Right down the serial numbers of every gun u own.

Great advice and if the gun is used in a crime and recovered, at least you have paperwork that shows it was stolen and documented, don't want Horatio coming to visit you! (CSI: Miami reference:D)

• 1 month later...
Guest RN MEDIC

Sounds like the people who removed the pawn broker's gun safe from his floor and took the whole safe wer pro's who also KNEW what the good guy had and where he had it. I'd be looking for someone I knew.

RN

Gman, if its really important to you, you can always have a private investigator check the guy out...

other than that, it may be awhile before you find that piece.

i could easily find another one of the guns, and my grandfather woudl never know the difference. he thinks it's pretty rare, but it's not, $200 and the problem is solved. i was more upset with the fact that i told the cops who did it and they didn't even knock on the door on the way out. i could understand if it was some random breakin, but it wasn't. i just thought i'd post this and maybe one day it would turn up