After the eclipse, send your glasses here

seez52

I have heard several military and several ex military personnel say that even though NK has the missiles they are not sure at all that they have the capablilities to actually guide them to a definate target yet. They did admit that they are not 100% sure they can't but with the way they have been sending up it seems like they don't have their guidence down yet................:confused:

52 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have heard several military and several ex military personnel say that even though NK has the missiles they are not sure at all that they have the capablilities to actually guide them to a definate target yet. They did admit that they are not 100% sure they can't but with the way they have been sending up it seems like they don't have their guidence down yet................:confused:

Yea, but like horseshoes and hand grenades, with nukes close is good enough.  Even if the nuke misses by a mile it would be not only locally devastating, it would be the start of a massive retaliation that may escalate into a nuclear winter the likes of which have yet to be seen.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Omega said:

Yea, but like horseshoes and hand grenades, with nukes close is good enough.  Even if the nuke misses by a mile it would be not only locally devastating, it would be the start of a massive retaliation that may escalate into a nuclear winter the likes of which have yet to be seen.

Yea, I know, I grew up in the Cold War Era and had an air raid Shelter in our back yard. I remember my father and a few neighbors building it. Everyone on our road had one and all the neighbors took turns helping each other build them. My mother would rotate food and water and other supplies out monthly and use what was in it and replace it with new stuff. I know cause I was the one that got suck helping because I was the youngest. In mid 50's they would show tests blasts on atomic bombs and they said even back then that they could kill people 100 miles away if not in a shelter. I'm sure the blasts of today would make those back then look like a Black Cat fire cracker today. I figure if the first one is every fired it is the end of time anyway because we all know everyone that has any will shoot them at someone they don't like. It says in the Bible that the earth will be destroyed by fire and I figure that will be it. I don't claim to be a Biblical Scholar by any means but know certain things my mother taught me as a kid and it stuck with me. They had the Flood!!  Is it time for us to have the fire?? I don't know but hope I am worthy at least. I have never feared death as much as life anyway.....................JMHO

Kind of strange making this in response to a member whose screen name refers to the end. Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

"God says the incorrigible wicked will be destroyed by an all-consuming fire and then God will renew the Earths surface.

I don't think NK posses any danger, nuke wise to the US, even Guam.  The danger there is China and Russia, but IMHO only if we strike first.

As to my screen name, it's not as ominous as all that.  Last name starts with O, and many of my troops, and supervisors had trouble pronouncing it so they just called me Sgt O, when another O showed up, he was shorter than me so they started calling me Big O, so when I started doing things online I chose Omega [O (mega)], because I thought it sounded better than Big O.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, I think you are both correct + I think when China told him if he struck first he was on his own and I think Russia may have told him that also it took alot of fight out of him along with the fact I would guess many of his leaders that served his father have probably been telling him it's a bad idea to keep provoking a MAD MAN which is what I'm sure they have Labeled President Trump over there by now..................JMHO

17 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Yea, I know, I grew up in the Cold War Era and had an air raid Shelter in our back yard. I remember my father and a few neighbors building it. Everyone on our road had one and all the neighbors took turns helping each other build them. My mother would rotate food and water and other supplies out monthly and use what was in it and replace it with new stuff. I know cause I was the one that got suck helping because I was the youngest. In mid 50's they would show tests blasts on atomic bombs and they said even back then that they could kill people 100 miles away if not in a shelter. I'm sure the blasts of today would make those back then look like a Black Cat fire cracker today. I figure if the first one is every fired it is the end of time anyway because we all know everyone that has any will shoot them at someone they don't like. It says in the Bible that the earth will be destroyed by fire and I figure that will be it. I don't claim to be a Biblical Scholar by any means but know certain things my mother taught me as a kid and it stuck with me. They had the Flood!!  Is it time for us to have the fire?? I don't know but hope I am worthy at least. I have never feared death as much as life anyway.....................JMHO

Kind of strange making this in response to a member whose screen name refers to the end. Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

"God says the incorrigible wicked will be destroyed by an all-consuming fire and then God will renew the Earths surface.

I remember the fifties with the school drills and the back yard bomb shelters. And the sixties when we realized that the half life of the radiation would be beyond our great great grandchildren's lifetime. And if the politicians gum bumping and the military antimissile missiles don't work we're in the same place we would be before all the fear mongering. Just find a chair, sit in it, bend as far forward as you can, and kiss your ass goodby. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

I remember the fifties with the school drills and the back yard bomb shelters. And the sixties when we realized that the half life of the radiation would be beyond our great great grandchildren's lifetime. And if the politicians gum bumping and the military antimissile missiles don't work we're in the same place we would be before all the fear mongering. Just find a chair, sit in it, bend as far forward as you can, and kiss your ass goodby. 

I ain't even gonna bend over cause either way my a$$ is gone so I'm gonna be in recliner and comfortable when I become dust............JMHO

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

They have a limited number of nukes, they're not going to waste them on a 'maybe'  worst case scenario, they launch some conventional warheads.

There's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist

Well, I changed my attitude towards the whole thing as soon as China said they would stay neutral if Kim launched an attack first.  With them at bay, we could decimate that entire country and turn it into a theme park....

As long as they don't hit Seoul first.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Sam1 said:

Well, I changed my attitude towards the whole thing as soon as China said they would stay neutral if Kim launched an attack first.  With them at bay, we could decimate that entire country and turn it into a theme park....

As long as they don't hit Seoul first.

Whether they hit Seoul or not Trump will still make a big sand box out of NK if they fire anything at any other nation period if they are one of our allies. I don't think Trump will use Nukes to do it but just very very big conventional weapons attack and it will continue raining down on them until they quit shooting back. If Trump does not use Nukes I don't think Russia or China will get involved because in all honesty I think both countries would like to see them gone. I don't think China will enjoy having to feed anyone that is still alive when it's over though.......JMHO 

I'm not worried about us or dprk if they hit Seoul, I'm worried about the 25,000,000 people that live in Seoul metropolitan.  If they start bombing civilians in that area, there will be a war like none of us have seen in our lives.