My Glock 29

willis68

9 hours ago, hipower said:

Congrats! I had a G20 but wimped out. Not man enough to handle that powerful man-stopper round.

I still love my Gray framed Gen 4 20, honestly I think they handle the recoil exceptionally well, 

I actually enjoy shooting Underwood 180 grain, that seems to be like high octane fuel for my big bore Glocks, very accurate and powerful 

1 hour ago, hipower said:

True, recoil isn't excessive. I just didn't really want another caliber to feed since it didn't really suite me. Annnnddd...one of brother-in-law's buddies wanted it. So off it went.

I only have 9 and 10mm in Handguns these days, those two calibers suit my needs perfectly 

17 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

Nice pocket rocket. Have you already gotten a holster and mag pouches for it? Other question is why did you go with yellow?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I went with yellow because my other two sets of Tricon HD sites have Orange, so I wanted something different 

no mag pouches yet

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, willis68 said:

I went with yellow because my other two sets of Tricon HD sites have Orange, so I wanted something different 

no mag pouches yet

I hear that the green front ring is actually easier to spot in low light than the orange front ring is.

1 hour ago, TGO David said:

I hear that the green front ring is actually easier to spot in low light than the orange front ring is.

I believe I read that studies have been done and the human eye sees the color green faster and more vividly than any other color. That is why recently lasers and "red dot sights" are becoming available in green. 

Nice specimen there... I like carrying my 29 on weekends, especially up at the farm. I think I actually like shooting it a bit more than the 20. Eventually going to round out the family with the 40. I don't need one but I sure do want one

Mark

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

I really like my gen4 G20. I find it pretty comfortable to shoot with underwood 200gn HC and accurate. I've been meaning to take a look at the 29 some day to see how it compares in size to the 19. 

Nice gun!

It is the same as your G20 only shorter, same width so thicker than the 19 I was surprised at how well I shoot it, 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I find myself thinking about my "next" one while I'm walking out of the store with a new one. It"s a disease I think. LOL

Yes, That's me. I picked up my Copper 10/22 Takedown this afternoon...and caught myself thinking about the pretty and shiney Colt 9mm in the case.

I'm afraid I'm done for.

• Like 1