CZ firearms must be like rabbits. They're multiplying in my safe.

TGO David

• Administrator

Picked this up from my local FFL today...

i-fgVFKqM-X2.jpg

CZ P-07 Gen 2

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it also came with the new CZ P-10C compatible magazines with the ambidextrous mag release notch in the front of the tube, and the red followers.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, TGO David said:

It's probably an inevitability at this point. :D

I have numerous steel/alloy frames CZ's with one being a PCR with a full going over by Cajun Gun Works. A complete novice could shoot this gun well. Amazingly easy to shoot.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jh225 said:

I have numerous steel/alloy frames CZ's with one being a PCR with a full going over by Cajun Gun Works. A complete novice could shoot this gun well. Amazingly easy to shoot.

I am completely satisfied with the work CGW performed on my 75B Omega.

Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Pickaroon said:

How would you compare it to the Glock 19?

In what sense?  Size?  Feel?  Accuracy?  Performance?

I love the Glock 19 but if I had bought this first, I doubt that I would have bought a Glock 19.  It's that good.

My first CZ was a 75 P-01 made of aluminum.  Great gun, still have it, but I also wanted a higher capacity CZ so  I  picked up a polymer  CZ P-09 which features a 19 round magazine.  Love both of these firearms!  CZ makes some awesome guns.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I received and installed new sights on the P-07 today.  I ordered the 6.5mm tall fiber optic front sight and the plain HTAC rear sight from CZ Custom and they arrived in two short days.

Removing the front sight was a bear.  Far more difficult than it was on my P10C.  I had to break out the "blue wrench" (propane torch) and burn the thread locker out of the sight dovetail and then use a liberal amount of force, very carefully, with a steel punch and tack hammer.  My brass punch and hammer wouldn't budge it.  Driving the front sight in was fairly simple, albeit it did require some force with the brass-faced mallet, and I put a bit of blue Loctite in there for good measure as did CZ.

Using my MGW Sight Pro, the rear sight pushed out with ease after the set-screw was loosened.  I oiled down the dovetail channel and the top of the slide behind it, and then pressed the HTAC rear sight into place.  It required a good amount of attention with a brass punch and my hammer to get it started properly before I could use the MGW tool to press it in the rest of the way.  It turned out fine, though.

So, would I do this for anyone else?  Not a chance in hell. :)

There is just too much risk of damaging the slide's finish or a sight dovetail for me to even consider it.  I hear that CZ Custom has a tool that perhaps works better for this than the MGW tool does, but the MGW is what I have.

I still need to take some copper solvent to the slide and rear sight in a few places and remove the brass tracks from the punch.  Thankfully I was able to do this without ANY damage to the finish anywhere.

21106857_10155552551625275_1651608013045

21150184_10155552551615275_3940259576359

21230926_10155552551620275_2767104769059

• Like 1