The NFA Fast Track (How capitalism might expedite ATF Class III items)

• Administrator

Check this out.  Pretty cool.  Once again, capitalism and the private sector prove that they can do anything the Government can do, faster and cheaper.

IMG_1654.jpg

Without rule changes, regulation amendments, politicians or legislation, a partnership between the U.S. government and a small private industry group has dramatically changed the process in which National Firearms Act (NFA) controlled items are transferred between individuals and entities. There is now a system in place within the BATFE’s NFA Division, that will allow nearly everyone who files a Form 4 to transfer controlled items, such as silencers, a genuine chance at receiving approved forms in a few short months. Alongside the ATF, three silencer industry stalwarts spearheaded the best modernization of the registry in 83 years: Dead Air Armament, GEMTECH and Silencer Shop.

The goal is to have wait times down to a fraction of current levels.

Read more here:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/18/nfa-process-modernized/

• Like 3
  • Admin Team

Once upon a time - even in the Obama years - Jeff Meister gave me a call with 5 approved Form 4s that had gone door to door in 41 days.  

With the computer submission that we use today there is zero reason they couldn't do it same day if they wanted to. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 8:04 PM, Cartel said:

This is excellent news for the collective but very bad news for my wallet. I am ordering a can from them on Monday to put their new system to the test.

Have you got to use or see the new silencer shop kiosk at the Nashville armory yet? It's a pretty sweet set-up. 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Onemanarmy615 said:

I am new to NFA items.. I used the kiosk their today was told by Shawn and Trace that I'm the first customer to use their kiosk.  I was so excited I bought 2 cans today

Congrats on the new suppressors!  Hopefully, it won't take a year for you to get them out of jail. :)

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:41 AM, TGO David said:

Congrats on the new suppressors!  Hopefully, it won't take a year for you to get them out of jail. :)

It's now been over a year wait on my suppressor.  Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the year! :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 3:34 PM, Esko 270 said:

Have you got to use or see the new silencer shop kiosk at the Nashville armory yet? It's a pretty sweet set-up. 

I had the opportunity to use kiosk last week and I am impressed! I was in and out and less then 10 minutes. Whereas before, it would take 45 minutes to an hour to manually complete the paperwork.

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...