Going to ruffle some feathers

So my wife is going to start using a 12 gauge for skeet/trap shooting. She bought herself a nice semi auto to replace her pump .410. We are going to the range this weekend to give it a try  

The last time my wife went they gave her a hard time for using a .410. If they only knew the skill needed to bust clays with a .410. She shoots 20+ consistently with her .410 so with her being able to sling more lead with a 12 gauge I think she will do better even better  

But that is not the real reason they are going to get their feathers ruffled. The real reason is I will be shooting skeet next to my wife using my VEPR 12. I cannot wait to see the faces or hear the comments from those shooting a more traditional shotgun. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Celebrate some diversity.  :lol:

I've thought about taking my 870 police magnum with 8 round tube to a turkey shoot this fall.

I tried trap with one of those, didn't do so well. You gotta be really quick. 

Edited by peejman
Darn you autocorrect.

A 4.10 shotgun is a great gun for shooting just about any kind of birds from clays to Ducks over decoys and Pheasants. Quail can be a challenge but it can be done and if she is busting 20 + I would say she would give Quail a run for their money also. I loved the challenge hunting birds with my 4.10 Pump gun back when I was able to hunt. Hope she likes her 12 gauge. What kind of 12 gauge did she settle on and buy?

1 hour ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Stoeger M3000 inertia driven in 12 gauge. I shot it and it really does not kick much at all. My VEPR seems to pound me compared to the Stoeger. It has sold me on the system.

I use the M3000 for 3gun. Great shotgun. I have not had one single hicup in about 2years of shooting, and I don't clean it much either. I added an extended mag tube, Benelli oversized bolt handle, cut off an inch of stock to reduce the LOP, shimmed the stock, added Kick ez and cheek ez pads, and opened up the loading port. When I first got it, it didn't fit me right. It kicked me hard (harder than my 870), but the stock mods turned it into a sweet shooter for me. Not much recoil at all, super reliable, and faster than I am.

Edited by Wingshooter