How Many Guns Do You Own?

Gillette

I think it is fair to say that, back when I worked out several times a week, I had a couple of guns.  Sadly, I got out of the habit, haven't really worked out in years, had a couple of serious illnesses and now my former 'guns' seem to be more along the lines of NERF launchers.  Very sad.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, tnhawk said:

My wife doesn't know how many guns I have(had before the unfortunate incident).  I sure aint going to tell someone in new york!

BTW, I lost the boat too.

Let me guess - you took all of your guns out for a romantic day on the lake in a rowboat.  Just when you were passing under some trees on the edge of the lake a water moccasin dropped out of a tree and into the boat.  Your natural reaction was to grab the 12 gauge loaded with 00 buckshot that was sitting cozily by your side and...well, lets just say that 00 buckshot can blast right through a snake and still put a heck of a hole in the bottom of a rowboat.

You tried to save them.  Tried desperately to pull at least a few of them from the murky depths but, in the end, you woke up on the bank desperately clutching a spent 12 gauge shell and suffering terribly from all the rowboat-wood splinters in your backside.  You don't even remember pulling yourself out of that watery grave and even the pain in your backside couldn't match the aching in your heart.  Now, even though it is many years later, you still feel such a sense of loss that you can't even so much as look at a gun without breaking down.  Even the slightest hint of the smell of gunpowder makes you burst into tears.

Or something.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 4
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Ronald_55 said:

The more I read this the more I think I need to take up scuba diving. Save a few poor souls from the murky depths.

If anyone questioned where the guns I don't have right now came from, I could tell them "the bottom of the lake" 

I would also add that the poor visibility at the bottom of the lake made recovery of guns and boat impossible.  Not having a list of serial numbers or insurance, there was no reason to report the loss at that time.  This resulted in my total loss of memory and transformation to a liberal.  BTW, wasn't there once something that protected one's Right to own firearms?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 1:12 PM, JAB said:

I think it is fair to say that, back when I worked out several times a week, I had a couple of guns.  Sadly, I got out of the habit, haven't really worked out in years, had a couple of serious illnesses and now my former 'guns' seem to be more along the lines of NERF launchers.  Very sad.

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Haha 1

Gillette, possession of hi cap magazines is illegal in NY.

New York prohibits the manufacture, transportation, disposal and possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device, which New York law defines as “a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that: 1) has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; 2) contains more than seven rounds of ammunition; or 3) is obtained after January 15, 2013 and has a capacity of, or can be readily restored or converted to accept more than seven rounds of ammunition.”1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, JAB said:

Let me guess - you took all of your guns out for a romantic day on the lake in a rowboat.  Just when you were passing under some trees on the edge of the lake a water moccasin dropped out of a tree and into the boat.  Your natural reaction was to grab the 12 gauge loaded with 00 buckshot that was sitting cozily by your side and...well, lets just say that 00 buckshot can blast right through a snake and still put a heck of a hole in the bottom of a rowboat.

You tried to save them.  Tried desperately to pull at least a few of them from the murky depths but, in the end, you woke up on the bank desperately clutching a spent 12 gauge shell and suffering terribly from all the rowboat-wood splinters in your backside.  You don't even remember pulling yourself out of that watery grave and even the pain in your backside couldn't match the aching in your heart.  Now, even though it is many years later, you still feel such a sense of loss that you can't even so much as look at a gun without breaking down.  Even the slightest hint of the smell of gunpowder makes you burst into tears.

Or something.

Gosh!!! You explained that so well a person would believe it was you and your boat.............:dropjaw:

• Haha 1