City of Knoxville Mayor Banning guns on street

On 8/23/2017 at 7:31 PM, mikegideon said:

I think they should cordon off an area, dump a few truckloads of Antifa in there, and let them beat the living #### out of each other. In fact, they should do it in every town.

This is the solution... Let these idiots duke it out and stop anyone who wants to go in and stop them... 

I wish i had though of this...

Well done, brother... Well done...

admirin leroy 

On 8/23/2017 at 6:31 PM, mikegideon said:

I think they should cordon off an area, dump a few truckloads of Antifa in there, and let them beat the living #### out of each other. In fact, they should do it in every town.

Back in the day we called that “Mutual Combat”. Either everyone went to jail, or no one went. Given that choice most opted for walking/limping away. Of course they can’t do that today…with our correctness and all, we can’t allow any kind of violence even when it’s mutual.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Back in the day we called that “Mutual Combat”. Either everyone went to jail, or no one went. Given that choice most opted for walking/limping away. Of course they can’t do that today…with our correctness and all, we can’t allow any kind of violence even when it’s mutual.

Well after watching films of Charlottesville about the only ones that we being politically correct was the police that did almost nothing except arrest the driver of the car and attend to those hurt by the car. As far as the fighting, they stood politically correct doing nothing!

4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

One of society's biggest problems... the lack of properly administered ass whippins

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Sounds like today's festivities were fairly uneventful. Only one arrest...a counter-protesting woman who wouldn't turn loose her mason jar.  I'd like to think is was full of some East Tennessee hospitality to pass around.  :lol:

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2017/08/26/live-updates-white-supremacist-rally-confederate-fort-sanders-monument-knoxville/602946001/

I know plenty of liberals that drink moonshine. I think it may be one of the things that killed all the brain cells. I reckon it's one of their redeeming qualities though, even though more stupid is the wrong direction. Supporting the moonshine industry is a noble effort.

Ok so let me see if I am correct on this because I am in the learning stages or all these different groups. It said about 3 or 4 dozen protesters showed up at the rally and 2800 other people showed up as anti protesters. If you show up at one of these things on either side are your considered a bad guy or was just the 4 dozen the bad guys and the 2800 are good guys?? I'm sorry but just not to smart about all these different groups. I would think if anyone showed up at all they would be a protester. Do we have good protesters and bad protesters?????...........:confused:.....:wall:

33 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Ok so let me see if I am correct on this because I am in the learning stages or all these different groups. It said about 3 or 4 dozen protesters showed up at the rally and 2800 other people showed up as anti protesters. If you show up at one of these things on either side are your considered a bad guy or was just the 4 dozen the bad guys and the 2800 are good guys?? I'm sorry but just not to smart about all these different groups. I would think if anyone showed up at all they would be a protester. Do we have good protesters and bad protesters?????...........:confused:.....:wall:

The whole build up to this thing has been sketchy and confusing, especially in light of the news looking for a show.

Basically, the 3 or 4 dozen stood for the monument to fallen Confederate soldiers.  I think a good many of those where not "supremasists" at all but just trying to keep history from being erased, but I'm sure a few straight up racists.  There were reinactors there in their Johnny Reb outfits for pete's sake.  

The other 2800 folks were the ones singing kumbaya and fretting over hate, intolerance and every other thing they get wound up about.

The only thing organized about the whole affair was the overwhelming law enforcement presence, their planning, and all the "against the hate" crowd.  The group originally credited for starting the whole thing barely even existed and announced before today they now longer are any kind of organized "white" group and would not be participating.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Garufa said:

The whole build up to this thing has been sketchy and confusing, especially in light of the news looking for a show.

Basically, the 3 or 4 dozen stood for the monument to fallen Confederate soldiers.  I think a good many of those where not "supremasists" at all but just trying to keep history from being erased, but I'm sure a few straight up racists.  There were reinactors there in their Johnny Reb outfits for pete's sake.  

The other 2800 folks were the ones singing kumbaya and fretting over hate, intolerance and every other thing they get wound up about.

Ok, then it was more of a get together than a Protest and just a bunch of folks looking for their 5 minutes of fame? I bet the news was really Pi$$ed about that one........:clap:

I don't think either side cares what the other thinks. If it were up to me I would let them all come armed and at the first sign of trouble I'd roll them along the curb with water cannons and when they thought it was over I unleash the dogs for a laugh. If anyone was left after that I'd Taze and throw them in the wagon full of gas. After a couple lessons of what trouble really is they wouldn't want it very often if ever. Basically when outsiders come looking for action it wounds my heart when they go home empty handed.

So all they have to do is slap up a couple of metal detectors or put a cop with a wand somewhere and any location can become a 'gun free zone' - even a friggin' public street?  Wow, thanks a lot to our Republican legislature and buttwipe governor for 'promoting' firearms carry rights.  God, at this point I can't wait to vote for a damn Democrat.  At least most of them don't claim to be pro-gun and maybe the Republicans who run in the following elections will learn a lesson about blowing smoke up our butts and claiming to be 'pro-gun' while quietly making things worse.

As far as the protests, themselves, I think a lot of the 'white supremacist' claims are an attempt to make the side that has valid points for opposing the removal of Confederate monuments shut up.  I, personally, do not agree with removing such monuments, do not believe that the monuments or those who support them are automatically 'racist' and would, in fact, consider showing up to protest their removal, myself.  Further, I believe that Trump was absolutely correct when he said there were good people on both sides of the issue.  However, that doesn't fit the media narrative or the narrative put forth by some politicians as well as groups that are looking for reasons to be offended which wants to paint anyone who isn't ashamed of their ancestors fighting for what they saw as their country - the Confederate States of America - as 'white supremacists.' 

Honestly, however, I don't think that most politicians' support for removal of Confederate monuments has anything at all to do with slavery, racism or the Civil War.  Instead, I think that those monuments serve as a reminder that there was a large group of people who, at great risk to themselves, had the cajones to rebel against a government which they saw as tyrannical.  I believe it is that reminder that politicians really want to get rid of.  Of course, George Washington and other Revolutionary figures did exactly the same thing which is why I won't be surprised if next there is a call to remove statues to those figures, as well, using 'but they owned slaves' as the excuse.  Again, the media acts like Trump is crazy for suggesting that monuments to Washington, Jefferson, etc. might be next but Sharpton apparently already says the Jefferson monument should be defunded:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/16/al-sharpton-jefferson-memorial-charlottesville-white-supremacist-violence-donald-trump

People, this isn't about slavery or white supremacy.  This is about erasing and rewriting history to help make all of us good, little sheep who will accept anything the government - especially the federal government - does as 'good and right'.  It is about creating a populace that views even the thought of rebelling against that government - no matter how tyrannical that government may become - as 'evil' and something which no good, moral person would even consider.  The jackhole 'white supremacists' involved are only serving to help cast this intent of erasing history as a 'moral' thing to do.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2