Glock Gen5.

csaxj3

Royal Range will have them on Saturday - anyone know of other shops that will have them for sale then?

Shops are ignoring the NDA's and advertising to drum up sales in this slow period. 

Going to be a 19.5 and 17.5 with the MHS model (no safety) to be available in Q1-18

Edited by csaxj3

I'm not seeing them on Glock's site yet. I've been waiting to see when this version would come out. Not sure if I want to find one now or wait a little while to see if there are any problems. I do want a couple at some point though. 

Yep! The lack of finger grooves and the radiused slide front (which they should've been doing all along) are the two main things I like about it. Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of internal improvement as well?

29 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

A Gen 2 with a rounded nose.

And the bar went where...?

What would they have had to do in order to impress you? They took a platform that everyone else has tried to copy and has worked for 30 years and improved the ergonomics. Customers hated the finish and finger grooves so it appears they finally listened. 

Edited by Erik88
35 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

What would they have had to do in order to impress you? They took a platform that everyone else has tried to copy and has worked for 30 years and improved the ergonomics. Customers hated the finish and finger grooves so it appears they finally listened. 

Impress me? Lol. Glock is an industry standard, their track record is impressive enough. The finger grooves, meh, they're a non-issue for me. They fit fine. I don't have sausage fingers. I can see where someone with meat hook hands would prefer them gone. The finish has always been dull and utilitarian. It works. I just don't see any bar raising. They didn't do anything they haven't already done. The 36 nose is like that, and the Gen 2 grip with Gen 4 texture is fine. There's just nothing of an earth shattering breakthrough here. I'm sure it's as good as any other Glock.

Edited by Steelharp
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, nightrunner said:

Why on God's green earth did they not add front slide serrations? Why? That and some metal sights and I'm good. Metal sights are easy enough but front serrations should be standard by now.

Well, they have a Gen 4 with both of those "improvements." We have one in the shop.

Looking more at that 2nd pic above. With the finger grooves gone and the magwell... I think they've made an Austrian FNS with a bad grip angle. ;)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nightrunner said:

Why on God's green earth did they not add front slide serrations? Why? That and some metal sights and I'm good. Metal sights are easy enough but front serrations should be standard by now.

Because their aftermarket would suffer greatly?