Glock Gen5.

csaxj3

So, the biggest gripe I had about Glock, the finger grooves, is gone on these models.

I never could find a gen 1 or 2 to pick up, but actually bit the bullet and got a 17 and 26 Gen 3 some good while ago from Trading Post here, just because they were such a deal. But I guess those will do me, finger grooves and all,  can't see my buying any more of them just because they finally followed my advice. :)

- OS

I was surprised Glock didn't include the MOS cutout in the Gen 5.  Of course I'd also like to see threaded barrels available, particularly since they say the barrels aren't interchangeable with previous generations.  I'm not sure that's 100% true, but Glock is way behind on threaded barrels anyway.  Best I can tell, they made a summer special run of them a few years ago, then never made any more.  If they make a Gen 5 MOS TB version, I'd be compelled to give it a try, mostly for the left handed slide stop, but I suspect I'll be sticking with Gen 4 for now.  

Cheers,

Rusty

Mrgunsngear posted how he got his new Gen 5 and the rear sights were installed badly way over to one side. I also seen another person who had the same thing. Here's a picture of Mrgunsngear new Gen 5 and the rear sights. I know that Glock has kinda went down in quality but I sure hope they don't keep going down. This isn't very positive.

gunsngear.jpg

Edited by tercel89
So, the biggest gripe I had about Glock, the finger grooves, is gone on these models.
I never could find a gen 1 or 2 to pick up, but actually bit the bullet and got a 17 and 26 Gen 3 some good while ago from Trading Post here, just because they were such a deal. But I guess those will do me, finger grooves and all,  can't see my buying any more of them just because they finally followed my advice. default_smile.png
- OS

Take them off with a dremel and stipple if you don't like them. Worse case scenario you pay for a new frame for $100 plus shipping.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am certain I am in the majority here, albeit a Glock fan. I would be loathe to take a Dremel to on of my beloved guns, even if it made it better. One for the fact of essentially ruining it, and the second, it would be impossible to sell. Stippled guns are so hideous in my opinion. I go back and forth on my comfort level with the finger grooves on the G19 (they don't bother me at all on the G17) but in the end, I can rapid fire multiple magazines into a 3" group at 20yds with either of my G19s. That is beyond capable. I don't even hesitate to trust them.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tercel89 said:

Mrgunsngear posted how he got his new Gen 5 and the rear sights were installed badly way over to one side. I also seen another person who had the same thing. Here's a picture of Mrgunsngear new Gen 5 and the rear sights. I know that Glock has kinda went down in quality but I sure hope they don't keep going down. This isn't very positive.

gunsngear.jpg

Possibly a rush to market where they had to push production to meet the date set by the corporate sales team. At least we can hope.

1 hour ago, Murgatroy said:

I am certain I am in the majority here, albeit a Glock fan. I would be loathe to take a Dremel to on of my beloved guns, even if it made it better. One for the fact of essentially ruining it, and the second, it would be impossible to sell. Stippled guns are so hideous in my opinion. I go back and forth on my comfort level with the finger grooves on the G19 (they don't bother me at all on the G17) but in the end, I can rapid fire multiple magazines into a 3" group at 20yds with either of my G19s. That is beyond capable. I don't even hesitate to trust them.

I have seen a couple of stippled guns that were a thing of beauty. But, I'm with you. Not one of mine

5 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

Take them off with a dremel and stipple if you don't like them. Worse case scenario you pay for a new frame for $100 plus shipping.

Meh, they're good enough for relatively small usage I give em. Glock ain't my primary pistol "system" anyway.

And like others here, don't really want to futch em up.

- OS

12 hours ago, tercel89 said:

gunsngear.jpg

That doesn't bother me as the first thing I do when I get a new Glock is change out the factory anyways, 

if you wanted to keep the sights on that pistol, it is simple to fix that problem 

Edited by willis68
10 hours ago, Steelharp said:

And it is a pretty easy fix.

Hopefully they didn't rush with anything else on this gun. With the striker/firing pin being round instead of oval , and several other things , I'll wait at least a year before getting this Generation 5. I have a Gen 2 17 and a Gen 2 21 so that's enough to get my "no finger groove jollies" satisfied :D. The Generation 2 and 3 was never "broke" so I don't understand why Glock went on with the Gen 4 other than the grip inserts.

5 minutes ago, willis68 said:

That doesn't bother me as the first thing I do when I get a new Glock is change out the factory anyways, 

if you wanted to keep the sights on that pistol, it is simple to fix that problem 

I love old Marlin lever guns and when Marlin got bought by the Freedom Group and Remington , the first thing that everyone noticed was the front sights were canted badly to one side. Then other problems popped up like the tubular magazines were crooked real bad and some seemed twisted. So hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come from Glock.

• Like 1

So, I planned to buy a Blue Label Gen 5 19 with my GSSF coupon. Messaged GT distributors and got this message back:

"We got word from Glock yesterday the Gen5 Glocks are not eligible got GSSF at this time. Once they are included we will do our best to get the information out there"

Now that sucks

The Gen 2 models were the best of Glock . The definition of perfection in the world of semi-automatic pistols in my opinion. The Gen 3 was slightly under the Gen 2 but still great. But gen 4 was a definite downhill slide and who knows with the Gen 5. Thanks God I still have 2 of the Gen 2 Glocks. My 17 and 21 are great . They have never failed and never rusted even though both have scratches and gouges in them. No finger grooves and my 17 is the original 2 pin style. I am a big believer in "if it aint broke don't fix it" . I guess enough whiny babies cried and wanted fingers grooves , grip inserts , loaded chamber indicators , and now a flared magazines well , new shaped/designed striker , different recoils spring assembly , new style slide lock spring instead of "leaf style spring that worked all these years ,  blah blah blah . Ok my rant is over . So I'll post a picture of my Gen 2's for some eye candy :)

gen2.jpg

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I figure they will show up everywhere soon. IMO, this isn't as big as the 43 release, especially as slow as it is.

They will, but today's the big day.  You know people are out there snatching them up.

I want to hold one, but the width per specs is really turning me off.  For example:

G19 Gen 5:  1.34"

G19 Gen 4:  1.18"

G21 Gen 4:  1.27

According to Glock's own specs these Gen 5's are wider than their previously thickest pistol.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Garufa said:

They will, but today's the big day.  You know people are out there snatching them up.

I want to hold one, but the width per specs is really turning me off.  For example:

According to Glock's own specs these Gen 5's are wider than their previously thickest pistol.

So a Gen 5 19 is thicker than a 21 ? This is weird .

29 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Geez, that doesn't look good. That's Glock's own specs??