Glock Gen5.

csaxj3

34 minutes ago, jbravo said:

I just bought a G19 Gen 4 about 3 weeks ago the came with steel sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine 19 G4 came with plastic sights. In fact, all 6 of my Glocks (some G3 and G4) came with plastic. I had one Glock in the past with factory night sights, but most are plastic.

My girlfriend and I shot the 19 today. They made some very nice changes to the gun. My only disappointment is that the grip felt larger. We both independently came to that conclusion. Nice handgun, but I think Glock missed an opportunity at reaching the smaller hand group like Sig did with the P320. I would have thought that smaller grip sizing might have come out of the military bidding. Other than that, it is nice upgrade but not enough to drive me to an upgrade in the initial pass from a gen 4. I do like the new barrel and trigger mechanism. Could do without the dual slide release but it was not a distraction.

5 minutes ago, txbrown said:

My girlfriend and I shot the 19 today. They made some very nice changes to the gun. My only disappointment is that the grip felt larger. We both independently came to that conclusion. Nice handgun, but I think Glock missed an opportunity at reaching the smaller hand group like Sig did with the P320. I would have thought that smaller grip sizing might have come out of the military bidding. Other than that, it is nice upgrade but not enough to drive me to an upgrade in the initial pass from a gen 4. I do like the new barrel and trigger mechanism. Could do without the dual slide release but it was not a distraction.

Which backstrap was on the gun?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, txbrown said:

What cheesy grip adaptor was on the weapon, if any?

4 hours ago, pops572 said:

I know what I said, but when I saw it in person. Well.....

6DA09C72-1D47-42D8-B422-5C5CFB0480BB_zps

So does the trigger feel any different than previous versions? I may still wait a bit and see how they do, but I do like the changes they made. 

5 hours ago, res308 said:

So does the trigger feel any different than previous versions? I may still wait a bit and see how they do, but I do like the changes they made. 

Yes it is a crisper cleaner feel. Not a massive "oh my gosh this isnt a Glock trigger" but more of a well I dont have to polish it immediately. Oh and it is a smooth trigger, like the 17's, which shoulda been done long ago.  I will probably get a flat trigger Apex or the like(personal preference). But I will wait for someone to guinea pig it first or wait for Apex to come out with a 5 version.