How high will gas prices get?

14 minutes ago, peejman said:

I'd say they don't.

There's people well informed enough to know that $x per barrel = $y at the pump. So when the pump prices go up more than crude prices, the gouge flag starts waving. With the storm, they have a good excuse to raise prices independent of crude prices.  I won't disagree that there is some validity in the need to raise prices now, but I know how business people think and they're going to do what's best for their company, which is maximize profits while not appearing to take advantage of a very unfortunate situation.  

Up like a rocket, down like a feather. 

On the flip side of that, I would prefer to pay $5 a gallon for gas and it be available as to see $2 prices and bags on all the pumps when I need gas.

• Like 4

Last I have heard or read about it, they say that they are going to try and fire up Refineries in Corpus Christi as soon as today. They are none of the bigger ones but they will at least possible be able to keep fuel flowing until the bigger operations in Houston can get back on line. One of the problems they are having is sporadic power failures.

They have been creeping up in nickle increments in my neck of the woods for a couple of days but then they always creep up before a long holiday weekend.  Mother nature looks like she's winding up with a 1,2 punch with Hurricane Irma gaining some momentum to be a category 3 by Monday.

911200c6efaec352a482403815d40707

5 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

They have been creeping up in nickle increments in my neck of the woods for a couple of days but then they always creep up before a long holiday weekend.  Mother nature looks like she's winding up with a 1,2 punch with Hurricane Irma gaining some momentum to be a category 3 by Monday.

911200c6efaec352a482403815d40707

Have they put any kind of path on where it's going to go yet.................????     :dropjaw:

8 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Have they put any kind of path on where it's going to go yet.................????     :dropjaw:

The projected path shown is their best 4 day guesstimate. You rarely see projected paths more than 4 days out for storms like this. I did see or hear something that is officially been upgraded to a catagory 3 as of present time.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, Mark A said:

get thyself 6 more and number them 1-12. Cycle them through your car the month corresponding to the number. 1= January, 2 = Feb etc. You will never have gas more than one year old and don't need to use any kind of stabilizer.

Yes, I store it and my 60 gallons of diesel in an out building. It comes in real handy when the wife gets home on fumes...

Mark

If I had 12 five gallon cans of gas it would last me about 2 years or longer. When I got my Jeep back 8 years ago it had 157,000 miles on it. When I went to get my new tags for this year the guy ask me what the miliage was at the testing center and it was 164,240. That is 7,000 miles in 8 years so that should let folks know how much driving I do so 12 cans would last me for at couple years at least. Almost everything I need to buy is within 10 miles of my home and most of it is 5 miles from my house. When I go visit family which lives 70 miles from me I fill up Jeep and when I get back home I fill it up again and it normally take about 8 gallons to fill it back up so thats about 18 mpg for round trip. If I just run around getting things I need here close by I can buy gas one time a month and normally put 12 to 14 gallons in an 18 gallon tank to fill it. I love my old Jeep almost as much as Kasey does.................:clap:

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

If I had 12 five gallon cans of gas it would last me about 2 years or longer. When I got my Jeep back 8 years ago it had 157,000 miles on it. When I went to get my new tags for this year the guy ask me what the miliage was at the testing center and it was 164,240. That is 7,000 miles in 8 years so that should let folks know how much driving I do so 12 cans would last me for at couple years at least. Almost everything I need to buy is within 10 miles of my home and most of it is 5 miles from my house. When I go visit family which lives 70 miles from me I fill up Jeep and when I get back home I fill it up again and it normally take about 8 gallons to fill it back up so thats about 18 mpg for round trip. If I just run around getting things I need here close by I can buy gas one time a month and normally put 12 to 14 gallons in an 18 gallon tank to fill it. I love my old Jeep almost as much as Kasey does.................:clap:

That's pretty good. I never use less than about 5gal / day... some days I use a lot more. :-\

I like my truck, but I don't like the gulping noise it makes when it drinks fuel.

1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

Ouch! It looks like he poured that gas inside his car through the window.

Yeah, not sure what the story leading up to that altercation is, but it had the potential to escalate to a terrible level.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

That guy got tired of being asked his MPG every time he fills up, mine gets 13 not bad for 9000# truck

Yea , back many moons ago when I was young and had money to blow I bought a used 1977 Dodge Ramcharger for $1,500.00 and about $23,000.00 later had a monster truck from Hell. When Detroit lockers were not engaged along with NP205 Tranfere case that was powered by a 403 CID power plant under the hood it got 4-6 MPG turning Monster mudder tires under a 10 inch lift kit. With everything locked in for off road top speed was 6 mph but that was up hill down hill or on level ground and the MPG was 1 mile per gallon and I had 4 fuel cans on back gate and truck tank held  40 gallons. Had a lot of fun in that old high dollar toy for about 5 years and then some guy decided he liked it a lot more than I did and I let him own it since he had more money than sense. Offered me about twice what I had invested and I was tired of feeding it as gasolene was going through the roof. It went out west some where on a trailer never to be seen again...............:clap:   

Just read an article stating that the Colonial Pipe is coming back up today and will be sending all fuels back to the east coast. They said they are even expecting to have the Houston end of it up and pumping fuel but figuring most will be coming from the Lake Charles locations..........:clap:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/hurricane_harvey_colonial_pipe.html

Edited by bersaguy
link added
4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Just read an article stating that the Colonial Pipe is coming back up today and will be sending all fuels back to the east coast. They said they are even expecting to have the Houston end of it up and pumping fuel but figuring most will be coming from the Lake Charles locations..........:clap:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/hurricane_harvey_colonial_pipe.html

I  guess that explains why it hasn't gone up in the last 24 hours around here.