So who has plans??

bersaguy

So who has big plans for Labor Day weekend? My son in law just called me and ask me if I wanted to go fishing and I told him no but if he wanted to go to come and get the Skeeter and go. I don't go near the lakes on Holiday weekends. My neighbor was nice enough to give me 2 nice T bone Steaks the other day so I am thinking about griling them out for Kasey and I and making some homemade potatoe salad of Macaroni Salad and maybe some baked beans to go with the steaks. Gonna probably rain anyway even though they are calling for rain to move out Saturday morning. Hope every one does have a good weekend and continue to pray for those folks in Texas.........................:cheers:

• Like 5

On the TV show 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' from several years back (yes, I actually liked that show) the real monsters - vampires, demons, etc. - pretty much refused to go out on Halloween night without a very good reason.  They said it was 'amateur night' and would always stay in.  That is just about how I feel about going to the mountains, fishing, camping or anything like that on Labor Day weekend - and most of the time on holiday weekends, in general.  I may not stay completely sequestered away this weekend but won't be looking to engage in those or related activities, either.  My place of employment isn't closed on Monday so I will be working that day and won't be getting a long weekend, anyhow.

Bersaguy, I absolutely love that you are planning to grill one of those steaks for your four-legged friend.  How is Kasey doing, anyhow?

Edited by JAB
  • Haha 1

Yep, the last 4 broad breasted turkeys graduate to the freezer on Sat morning. Then I have to finish 2 chicken tractors for the next group of meat birds. Following that I have a couple hundred seedlings to get into the ground.

Wrapping it all up with a birthday party for my nephew who turns 9. I may swipe him and take him to the farm for a little plinking.

2 hours ago, JAB said:

On the TV show 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' from several years back (yes, I actually liked that show) the real monsters - vampires, demons, etc. - pretty much refused to go out on Halloween night without a very good reason.  They said it was 'amateur night' and would always stay in.  That is just about how I feel about going to the mountains, fishing, camping or anything like that on Labor Day weekend - and most of the time on holiday weekends, in general.  I may not stay completely sequestered away this weekend but won't be looking to engage in those or related activities, either.  My place of employment isn't closed on Monday so I will be working that day and won't be getting a long weekend, anyhow.

Bersaguy, I absolutely love that you are planning to grill one of those steaks for your four-legged friend.  How is Kasey doing, anyhow?

My wife and I like Buffy too. We also like Angel.

We are actually going camping at Montgomery Bell this weekend. A young man that I know is getting married out there this weekend. I don't need that as a reason to go to Montgomery Bell because I LOVE DICKSON DONUTS!!! :hyper::yum:

The closest I would get to the lake on a holiday weekend is to take a cooler and a lawn chair to the boat ramp to watch the show.  Many of these folks  haven't had the boat out from behind the house, under that ripped tarp, under the tree since last labor day.  In the past year they have forgotten what a Charlie Foxtrot it was the last time someone said "Hey, I know, let's take the boat to the lake!  I can back a boat!"  It can make for an entertaining afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, JAB said:

I use to watch Buffy too! As far as grilling steaks when she sees me fire up the grill she automatically knows she is eating girlled something whether it be Hot dogs, Chicken breasts. Hamburgers, steaks or fish or anything else I can grill. I grilled some of the last of my Deer Tenderloins the other day. She in very fond of deer meat and loves it grilled.

As far as how she is doing, it looks like the medication the Vet has her on is working and she is doing better and I hope it continues to work and thank you for asking..................:cheers:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tacops said:

The closest I would get to the lake on a holiday weekend is to take a cooler and a lawn chair to the boat ramp to watch the show.  Many of these folks  haven't had the boat out from behind the house, under that ripped tarp, under the tree since last labor day.  In the past year they have forgotten what a Charlie Foxtrot it was the last time someone said "Hey, I know, let's take the boat to the lake!  I can back a boat!"  It can make for an entertaining afternoon.

Now thats funny right there cause me and about 5 friends use to do just that just about all holiday's from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Couple coolers and lawn chairs sit up in my buddies yard that lives right on Bull Creek Boat ramp on Old Hickory Lake. WE have see everything from really serious fights to mild arguments, to Naked young ladies that put their bikini's on while standing in the boat while boyfriend or Hubby or who ever it was that was trying to back the boat down one of the ramps. It would begin about 10AM and finally end about 1 PM. The good ole days.............LMAO

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I'll just do what mamma tells me.

Well that pretty much sums that up We know you wear the pants in that house!!!!!!!!

She just tells you which pair to put on......................:bowrofl:

You gotta admit you did leave the door open for that one...................:cheers:

• Like 2
17 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

My wife and I like Buffy too. We also like Angel.

We are actually going camping at Montgomery Bell this weekend. A young man that I know is getting married out there this weekend. I don't need that as a reason to go to Montgomery Bell because I LOVE DICKSON DONUTS!!! :hyper::yum:

Yep, liked Angel, as well.  Were you aware that - because he didn't really get to 'end' the series - Whedon did a short comic book series to wrap up Angel and show what happened after the rather abrupt, final episode?  I came across it online a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, gun sane said:

No real plans.....I'm retired now and can look back with satisfaction knowing that my antics at work resulted in several rules being written into the employee manual.  :pleased:

So you are the cause for the "No dancing on the tables in a hula skirt on Taco Tuesday" rule. I always wondered. :biglol: