After hearing and reading about how awesome K31s are for quite a while, I finally took the plunge and traded for one locally. I got it out for a short range session today, and it did not disappoint! I shot it and a Finn M39 for comparison. Both have great bores.

I think the K31 outperformed the M39! If not, it was certainly toe to toe.

Anyway here are some crappy indoor photos given the weather here today...

b449f8a6aefa7cc2bf44a63a88cabbd8.jpg

b8c4fb2d16d96f737c492cc1bc5d4c70.jpg

8b37e34cdcd93b925bb66ba3e5102d55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Do yourself a favor and buy a little bit of the Swiss milsurp ammo to try in it(if not already) it's great stuff! All of the Swiss rifles are selling for high dollar bids here recently. It's for sure one you want to keep.

• Like 1
Do yourself a favor and buy a little bit of the Swiss milsurp ammo to try in it(if not already) it's great stuff! All of the Swiss rifles are selling for high dollar bids here recently. It's for sure one you want to keep.

I am keeping my eyes open for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you don't already have a Swedish mauser, they are on par with the k31s and m39s

I don't currently have one. I did have one at one time, and it did shoot well for sure. At this point I will likely hold out and keep my eyes open for a Finn marked one. I need to add another caliber like I need an extra hole in my head!

I don't currently have one. I did have one at one time, and it did shoot well for sure. At this point I will likely hold out and keep my eyes open for a Finn marked one. I need to add another caliber like I need an extra hole in my head!

Ahhhhhh come on. I can't even count how many different calibers I have lol It's the spice of life!

• Like 1
https://www.classicfirearms.com/7-5-swiss-ammo-664

Not the biggest fan of classic because they've been upping the prices of their rifles, but they do have GP11 in stock.  
Congrats on the K31, I've been wanting another one, but been trying to get a complete Schmidt Rubin rifle collection before doubling up

I might have a line on a K11 so maybe I can add that one to the fold and compare it against the K31 and the Finns. The Finns might still have some fight left in them so the comparison may not be over just yet!

I bought a Swiss 1911 Long from classic and just got it about 3 days ago.  Holy crap the trigger on it is amazing.  Haven't had it out on the range yet, but with the long sight radius, and that trigger, I can't imagine it being hard to hit the bullseye with

• Like 2
I bought a Swiss 1911 Long from classic and just got it about 3 days ago.  Holy crap the trigger on it is amazing.  Haven't had it out on the range yet, but with the long sight radius, and that trigger, I can't imagine it being hard to hit the bullseye with

I am pretty certain even if the deal for the K11 carbine works out this week I will want to check out a long rifle eventually as well. It may be 2018, but I think it will end up happening. I think I like the genre!

• 2 weeks later...