I signed up for the Sig P-320 trigger upgrade

Will Carry

I signed up for the Sig voluntary recall upgrade. It could take months. I am so disappointed! I should have gotten a Glock, an XD or an M&P, but NOOOOO. I had to have a Sig. I wanted a striker fired double stack 9mm sub-compact with no manual safety.  This Sig is not that nice of a pistol. It doesn't have night sites, or a loader, or any of the nice extras that Springfield includes. It's near impossible to get the 12th round in the magazine and they do not provide a pinky extension for the magazine. I've been carrying my J-frame model 36 and I'm really liking it.

I signed up too...but for me won't really stop my usage till then.  Sorry you don't like it seems like you got a stripped down version.  Mine came with night sites, 2 mags and simple a belt loop holster then had a mail-in-certificate for 2 more mags, a loader and case. Shoots flawlessly for me - I got the compact frame size and being a bigger boy it fits my hand well without my pinky falling off.  It is a bit bulkier than my G19 and a bit unbalanced top to bottom but otherwise I like it.  

If you don't like it I would sell it as I am sure someone is looking for one.

I have both, Sig is OK, but can't replace my M&P.  I tried to like the Sig, has the novelty of changing frames,bbls, caliber, etc., but I believe one is better off just buying another gun in that case.  On the other hand, use your Sig, just don't drop it, which is the same rule I have for any gun.

Wait! It does have night sites! I just have had it in the safe (unloaded) and never checked. So it's got that going for it. I may take it back to my local gun shop and ask if I can trade it in. He took my DB380 back and gave me more for it than he charged for a new DB380. I put the money down on a Sig P-238 (which I love). So you like your M&P. They have a big fan club.

I signed up for the Sig voluntary recall upgrade. It could take months. I am so disappointed! I should have gotten a Glock, an XD or an M&P, but NOOOOO. I had to have a Sig. I wanted a striker fired double stack 9mm sub-compact with no manual safety.  This Sig is not that nice of a pistol. It doesn't have night sites, or a loader, or any of the nice extras that Springfield includes. It's near impossible to get the 12th round in the magazine and they do not provide a pinky extension for the magazine. I've been carrying my J-frame model 36 and I'm really liking it.
Sorry you had a bad experience. I have used mine in USPSA competition since 2016. I really like it and has zero issues with mags.

But like you,I am bummed about the recall. Since it is not a safe gun I bought a Sig Legion P226. Looking forward to the next match. The P320 is in the safe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chances R said:

I have both, Sig is OK, but can't replace my M&P.  I tried to like the Sig, has the novelty of changing frames,bbls, caliber, etc., but I believe one is better off just buying another gun in that case.  On the other hand, use your Sig, just don't drop it, which is the same rule I have for any gun.

I've been getting my M&P full size ready for carry. It's not easy when you've got a ton of glock mags and glock "stuff". I shoot my Pro in IDPA and I just shoot it so much better than the glocks even if they are the AK of pistols.

• 3 months later...

I just sent my P320SC off to Exeter NH for the voluntary recall. Since my first post I have been shooting my P320SC, making sure not to drop it. I shoots great and it is well made! It will make a good carry weapon. I have found a guy who makes pinky extensions and found a guy who makes nice holsters. I am now thinking about going outside the waistban with a holster that sits up high on my hip. 

I have two P320C's. They both shoot very well and I'm happy with them, one is set up with the small frame and fully left handed for my wife. She no slouch with it, and we've discussed the voluntary recall and for now because of mixed reviews were going to wait. There is no rush considering were careful to not drop any gun.

Maybe in the future.....

For a index holster Cooks holsters in GA does nice work, I have two of them. Of course there are our own TOG leather workers that make really nice xtuff!

Sent both of my P320's in the week before Thanksgiving and got them back the week following Thanksgiving.  Quick turnaround for sure.  Appeared to be a new barrel and slide that I received back.  Also received a patch and a 25% discount card from each P320 to use on the Sig website.  Haven't had a chance to shoot them post trigger change/modification but from what I am hearing it's been a pretty positive change with a slightly better reset.  I've enjoyed my P320c (.40S&W) and P320rx a lot.   Have an AlienGear for the P320c (.40S&W) and a StealthGear for the P320rx. 

Edited by FJCrusing
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...