Hurricane Irma is so strong it's registering on devices designed to detect earthquakes

50 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Nah, you just go on worshiping at his altar. I am fine believing he is a dumba$$. Arguing with me is not going to change my mind on that fact. I will leave it at that.

I wasn't arguing anything with you and I don't worship him. No sense in you being an ass because I don't care what you believe or who you think is a "dumba$$". 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I believe it was a joke having to do with the Hispanic name. Lighten up , Francis!

I know it was a joke and so was my reply to someone that quoted me. I was poking fun at the Trump bashers that gave thumbs up to Erik's comment, that's all. 

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Randall53 said:

I know it was a joke and so was my reply to someone that quoted me. I was poking fun at the Trump bashers that gave thumbs up to Erik's comment, that's all. 

So anyone who likes Erik's joke, which was mighty clever, is a Trump basher? Lol, you really do need to lighten up, Francis.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4
12 hours ago, Moped said:

Here is the latest from the National Hurricane Center.  Looks like Irma may come to Knoxville for Lunch!

Knoxville Storm.png

GA and WNC will get the worst of it once it's inland. It'll likely lose a lot of steam getting across the mountains. 

While IRMA will visit the area, it won't be a hurricane. Rain fall is expected to be in the 2-4" range but its hard to predict well. Winds will also likely be below 40mph and gusty not sustained.

I have friends in FL that have prepared as well as they can, they have not received an evac. order. My family in NC appears to be in a safer place....

Buckle in but don't fall for the hype we're much better off than those in FL and the Caribbean islands!

I drove down to Orlando yesterday and picked up my daughter and grandkids 

We took the back roads coming back up. 75 was a virtual parking lot. 

Amazed at the lack of planning of some of the people. No good, water, or gas. They just expected to get it on the way. Despite every tv and radio station saying that would not be a good idea. 

Wow

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

I drove down to Orlando yesterday and picked up my daughter and grandkids 

We took the back roads coming back up. 75 was a virtual parking lot. 

Amazed at the lack of planning of some of the people. No good, water, or gas. They just expected to get it on the way. Despite every tv and radio station saying that would not be a good idea. 

Wow

Yep, it is amazing how many people do not know how to make good plans when told to evacuate with a storm coming in. Most people wait till last minute to do anything and that is what causes all of the back ups on Interstates. Many people running out of gas because they assume they will be able to get it after leaving the areas. If I lived within 500 Miles of south Florida and they mention a catagory 5 may hit Florida on Friday I'm packing up and leaving on Monday before. You can color me GONE!!!!!

Glad you were able to get your family members and get out of there....:cheers:

We've all heard of the fights over bottled water, gasoline and other things. Here's something that brightened my day and re-confirmed my faith in humanity.

Like many other Floridians bracing for Hurricane Irma’s arrival, Sanford resident Pam Brekke spent days racing from store to store for supplies.

She was hunting for a generator, waiting for empty shelves to be restocked -- and her search was growing desperate. Finding one before Irma makes landfall wasn’t just to make herself more comfortable -- it was a matter of life and death.

“My father’s on oxygen, and I’m worried about this storm," Brekke tearfully told WFTV.

Brekke drove 30 miles Thursday morning to a Lowe’s in Orlando that got a surprise shipment of 200 generators. She was next in line to purchase one when she saw the final unit given to the customer ahead of her. If there were one more generator, it would have been hers.

Brekke broke down, brought to tears by the thought of her father losing oxygen if the power cut out.

But then, she was graced with a random act of kindness and humanity amid the chaos: The customer ahead of her, Ramon Santiago, approached and insisted she take his generator -- the last one in stock -- without knowing why she was crying.

Brekke and Santiago embraced as a reporter caught the exchange on camera and posted it to Facebook. She thanked him for his kindness during her difficult time.

“Everything is okay,” he told her before returning to his shopping.

“I’m very overwhelmed by that man,” Brekke said, fighting back more tears. “God will bless that man."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/08/as-hurricane-irma-nears-lowe-s-customer-in-florida-offers-last-generator-to-stranger-in-need.html

• Like 2
On 9/7/2017 at 11:46 AM, Ronald_55 said:

He just thinks he is....

On 9/7/2017 at 11:53 AM, Randall53 said:

You might as well get used to him. He's going to be your POTUS for several more years.

I thought you were arguing with yourself...... had to slow down and look at the post again. Randall and Ronald,one of you needs to adjust your name if you are going to be going at it with each other, stop confusing me :)

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

I thought you were arguing with yourself...... had to slow down and look at the post again. Randall and Ronald,one of you needs to adjust your name if you are going to be going at it with each other, stop confusing me :)

Well I do argue with myself a good bit, but not in this instance. I think the difference in our pics should be enough to keep it straight. 

This is from Long Island in the southern Bahamas.  Look how much the ocean has receded.  There should be several feet of water where those guys are walking around.  This is some weirdness I've haven't seen discussed on The Weather Channel or anywhere else.

• Admin Team

That's the leeward side of the island.  Mix the low pressure from the storm, a tidal swing and the wind - and it just sucked the water out of there.  It'll come back in with the surge

The other time this happens is the time you have to really worry about. When you see the water leave and it hasn't been preceded by a major weather event like a hurricane, that's a good indication to seek higher ground because a tsunami is forming.  

I heard from some friends in Guatemala this morning that felt the earthquake in Mexico last night for more than a minute and a half. 

• Like 1