Prepper & gunshow @ expo this weekend

12 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Finally, they're being more honest about what's at these shows. Though adding in beef jerky to the name would be great. 

Beef jerky would be an excellent staple for living out the end times but it's so tasty I would gobble it all up the first day or two.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Finally, they're being more honest about what's at these shows. Though adding in beef jerky to the name would be great. 

If they were really honest then they would have to call them "Over Priced Guns, Cheaply made Prepper Gear, and Tasty Beef Jerky Shows"

4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Beef jerky would be an excellent staple for living out the end times but it's so tasty I would gobble it all up the first day or two.

You better have a heck of a store of water. lol

• Like 2

They had one of these in this end of the State earlier this year. I was gonna go, but a friend called just as I was leaving the house. He told me don't waste my time. There were only two gun dealers and most of it was overpriced almost useless survivalist junk. Very little of it would actually be of help in a real survival situation.

I hope the show there is better. 

8 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

They had one of these in this end of the State earlier this year. I was gonna go, but a friend called just as I was leaving the house. He told me don't waste my time. There were only two gun dealers and most of it was overpriced almost useless survivalist junk. Very little of it would actually be of help in a real survival situation.

I hope the show there is better. 

Knoxville and East TN is rapidly filling up with evacuees. If they find out about this show RK might have a big hit on their hands.

4 hours ago, J Smith said:

I am going,hope it is better than the last one. I did get a good deal on a Colt Defender at that one but there was a lot of junk.

junk guns? junk jerky? mostly used guns no new gun dealers like the regular expo gunshow?

17 hours ago, Teaspoon said:

junk guns? junk jerky? mostly used guns no new gun dealers like the regular expo gunshow?

The last one I went to was at the Jacobs Building and yes some junky guns. The ones that have been handled to death and mostly over priced. The 5 or 6 rows in the center had guns and ammo but the further to each side you went the more junk and yardsaleish it became. The far left put me in mind of a thrift store.

Went today. Waste of time. They did have a 20ft table of fudge.Come away with a t-shirt and a ammo can. Stopped by my local gun shop and picked up a 500 rd brick of Aguilia Super Maximum for 30.00.

The thing that got me was that I was needing a nylon flashlight pouch. You would think there would be tons of things like that at a Prepper show,NO not one. Picked up a nice one at Academy tonight for 5.99.

9 hours ago, J Smith said:

Went today. Waste of time. They did have a 20ft table of fudge.Come away with a t-shirt and a ammo can. Stopped by my local gun shop and picked up a 500 rd brick of Aguilia Super Maximum for 30.00.

The thing that got me was that I was needing a nylon flashlight pouch. You would think there would be tons of things like that at a Prepper show,NO not one. Picked up a nice one at Academy tonight for 5.99.

You just saved me a few bucks, time, and overwhelming disappointment. 

May head to SMKW and Bud's today...

• 2 weeks later...