Smith and Wesson announce Glock 19 sized M&P 2.0 Compact

TGO David

12 hours ago, Steelharp said:

So, what prompted you to even buy a gun that doesn't fit you in the first place? :confused:

I was 21, new to handguns and really didn't know enough to think about how it actually fit my hand. It's not the most ergonomic but I do shoot it well and out of 4-5K rounds I've only had 1 malfunction from some crappy reload. 

• Like 3

Man , these M&P's are a love/hate thing with me. I love the way they feel but I just hate the fact that you have to remove the rear sight to detail strip the slide. Glock has spoiled me I guess. But the M&P feels  sssooooo nice. I know that function is always more important than fashion but the M&P's look great. Looking at the new Glock gen 5 and what has been done to it and this M&P , I'm gonna swallow my pride and say I'd rather buy the M&P .

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Man , these M&P's are a love/hate thing with me. I love the way they feel but I just hate the fact that you have to remove the rear sight to detail strip the slide. 

Huh?  I mean, yeah, if you absolutely want to remove the firing pin safety for some reason?  Otherwise, it's very easy to remove the striker assembly by just turning the slide over and depressing the FPS.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Huh?  I mean, yeah, if you absolutely want to remove the firing pin safety for some reason?  Otherwise, it's very easy to remove the striker assembly by just turning the slide over and depressing the FPS.

Yeah , I cant help it . It's just a quirk I have and I'm OCD. I love the old Ruger P-Series but they have the same thing to where you have to remove the rear sight for a complete slide disassembly. I used to have the same thing with roll pins but I am slowly getting over that , ha ha. I just like to have a gun that I can completely disassemble with no tools other than a nail , punch or something simple just like the Glock. Its just a quirk of mine and so far Glock fills that need. I still like these M&P's though.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

Yeah , I cant help it . It's just a quirk I have and I'm OCD. I love the old Ruger P-Series but they have the same thing to where you have to remove the rear sight for a complete slide disassembly. I used to have the same thing with roll pins but I am slowly getting over that , ha ha. I just like to have a gun that I can completely disassemble with no tools other than a nail , punch or something simple just like the Glock. Its just a quirk of mine and so far Glock fills that need. I still like these M&P's though.

Yeah, there's no doubt at all of the Glock's simplicity when you want to take it apart to the individual pieces.  The M&P fails that on the extractor roll-pin alone. :)

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Frenchs24 said:

Yeah I'm so happy... I've avoided a glock 19 until a couple months ago... finally bucked up and bought a glock 19 and shaved the finger grooves... a few weeks later the gen 5 comes out... and now the m&p which is what I prefer

Ain't that the way it always works, though? :)

One way of looking at this positively is that you have a Glock 19 now and everyone ought to have one of them.  Now it's just a matter of saving up your pennies for that M&P M2.0 Compact to add to the collection.

37 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

Except it's not Glock 19 sized. Why does the 2.0 Compact use the same length magazines as the full size pistols?

Compact uses a 15-round magazine.  Full-size uses a 17-round magazine.  You can put a full-size mag in the compact but the mag will stick out beyond the pistol butt, just like it does on the Glock 17/19 family.

Compact uses a 15-round magazine.  Full-size uses a 17-round magazine.  You can put a full-size mag in the compact but the mag will stick out beyond the pistol butt, just like it does on the Glock 17/19 family.
I am mistaken. Must have been looking at the full size. I had my momentary dumbass flare up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 7:50 AM, jhc77 said:

I think we are the only two that own one of these FN's. Someone on TGO has the compact version also I think.

I have an FNS in 9mm.  It's my favorite 9mm.  Up until I bought this one it was a Glock 17 and Browning  HP.  And it doesn't need a tool for take down!!! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Moped said:

I have an FNS in 9mm.  It's my favorite 9mm.  Up until I bought this one it was a Glock 17 and Browning  HP.  And it doesn't need a tool for take down!!! 

I have the FNS9C and love it. Very accurate for a compact and fits my hand really well. I also like the 12 and 17 round magazines that come with it.

• Like 2