Let's see those vintage lever guns.

maroonandwhite

Working on fixing up my JM Marlin 336 and would like to see some pics of others classics.

I got this one from my grandpa which he got second hand. It will be staying in the family from here on out. No plans to refinish. Just added a sling kit and have a skinner dovetail aperture sight ordered. I was looking at the receiver version of their sight but liked the aesthetics of the dovetail better. Custom leather sling by Rick Garcia.

It is a 1976 mode that has seen its fair share of use and taken plenty of deer. Still smooth as silk though.
8a0557bc5ffead68d41ce2df6bc939c8.jpg1219535be1474adc8d09e1d8023470ec.jpgbb257c61dcc4869a4ea971b46e85cf43.jpg85d1114676572122c6b21558047951b7.jpgb7abcb424bff365a5c40e9e6da5bd201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9
6 hours ago, maroonandwhite said:

Nice! Vintage with a capitol V. Haha.

Not to detract from your beautiful firearm @maroonandwhite but I haven't put mine out there much. I've always wanted a 336 but have no real purpose for one. It would not see full use and to fancy for a range piece. A Henry in 22LR or the Big Boy in 38/357 is a bucket list item personally. When it's time it will hopefully be custom obviously to get a round barrel to match the old man 1866. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, maroonandwhite said:

What are those? I can't see the first pic for some reason but the second looks like a .22 or pistol caliber.

The first is Marlin 336 in 30-30 from early 70's. 

Second is Ruger 96/22 in .22 magnum

Third one is Savage 99e in .308

• 4 weeks later...

Not the greatest pic. This is a 1952 or 53 Marlin 336 in .35. It was in really rough condition when I picked it up for my son. The fore stock was not even for the gun and had been hot glued to the tube. The rear stock had been stained plum and scratched up, then the whole thing had been coated in varnish. I made a 10 year old boy happy by making it look ( in my opinion) better.    

IMG_0151.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

This was handed down from my favorite uncle. 1892 in .25-20. He purchased it new on a trip in Colorado. I believe he said he paid $25 for it at an auction; a hardware store was closing down. I thnk he was 13 years old. He named it Schatze, a german word for sweetheart. Matter of fact all three of these guns were his. 

IMG_6768 sml.jpg

Edited by seez52
  • Like 4
  • 2 years later...
On 9/9/2017 at 8:30 PM, jhc77 said:

Winchester 1866 second model (1869).

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

IMG_2812.JPG

Bumping this old thread. Not too long after this post I did run a few patches drenched in Hoppes down the barrel. I was in a cold sweat basically. Everything worked out fine. I should get it out in the light and take some better pictures. Need to find a softer material flathead screw driver (for my sanity) and take it apart.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, jhc77 said:

Bumping this old thread. Not too long after this post I did run a few patches drenched in Hoppes down the barrel. I was in a cold sweat basically. Everything worked out fine. I should get it out in the light and take some better pictures. Need to find a softer material flathead screw driver (for my sanity) and take it apart.

Could you just buy some brass rod and make one? Or would that be too soft?