Need help with a question

bersaguy

Ok so like I have said many times that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer he comes another stupid question. For those of you that are located in Middle Tennessee and have Comcast cable I am wondering what is the channel number for FOX. I have been trying to find out how to watch the program The Orville that is on FOX on Sunday Nights at 8 /7 c but I don't know what the channel number is. I thought it was FX channel 70 but evidently it is not. Can anyone give me the FOX number channel please?

Thanks Bersa

5 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Non HD is 06 and HD is 1006

Ok thanks, I get 06 which is Fox Channel  WZTV 17 local channel but don't get 1006. I have the digital starter package which is not high end package. I will check 06 on Sunday and see if they have the program I am looking for. Thanks again my friend.

Bersa

• Like 1

KahrMan's right. Channel 06 is where you'll find it. WZTV is the local FOX-TV affiliate and they air "The Orville" on Sunday nights. Like KahrMan said, it's on 06 and 1006 for the Nashville area Comcast. The difference between the two is that 06 is standard definition and 1006 is high definition. You can add High Definition to your Digital Starter if you want. I think it's about $8 or $10/month. You won't get any more channels, but you'll get almost all of them in both standard and high definition. For FOX, you'd get both 06 and 1006. They're showing the same exact thing, but if you have an HD TV, it's a huge difference in picture quality.

As for FX on channel 70, that's not FOX. FX is a different network. It's owned by 21st Century Fox, but it's a different channel than FOX with different shows.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

KahrMan's right. Channel 06 is where you'll find it. WZTV is the local FOX-TV affiliate and they air "The Orville" on Sunday nights. Like KahrMan said, it's on 06 and 1006 for the Nashville area Comcast. The difference between the two is that 06 is standard definition and 1006 is high definition. You can add High Definition to your Digital Starter if you want. I think it's about $8 or $10/month. You won't get any more channels, but you'll get almost all of them in both standard and high definition. For FOX, you'd get both 06 and 1006. They're showing the same exact thing, but if you have an HD TV, it's a huge difference in picture quality.

As for FX on channel 70, that's not FOX. FX is a different network. It's owned by 21st Century Fox, but it's a different channel than FOX with different shows.

Thanks for the extra information. I have 2 Flat screens but neither one is High Definition and I really don't see enough difference to pay the extra. I have friends with High Def TV's and I have watched Races and Football on their TV's and my TV's have just as good a picture as far as I am concerned. I have been wanting to see The Orville even though it's suppose to be kind of different and even a little funny but I love anything space related. I even liked the original Star Trek even though I dislike William Shatner. My friends call me a "space cadet"..................:clap:

40 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Then keep your eyes open for the new "Star Trek: Discovery" that starts September 24th at 7pm on CBS (Channel 05)

From the ads I've seen on the new ST show, it's going to on their "all access" app or program which is not free but not sure.  Only the premier is going to be "broadcast" over the air.

Your sub include On Demand for the channels you get?

The Orville first episode is already there.

edit: looked it up, Digital Starter package, which you say you have, includes On Demand, so you could watch pretty much all the popular TV shows on channels in that package any time.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
4 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

From the ads I've seen on the new ST show, it's going to on their "all access" app or program which is not free but not sure.  Only the premier is going to be "broadcast" over the air.

I've been wondering about that. Seems like a big money production to shove into a side distribution channel. If that's the case, I'll probably be missing it. Not going to sit and watch TV on my phone, iPad, or PC when I have a monster TV next to it.

I never have been able to get my Comcast OnDemand working with my TiVos, so there's that.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I've been wondering about that. Seems like a big money production to shove into a side distribution channel. If that's the case, I'll probably be missing it. Not going to sit and watch TV on my phone, iPad, or PC when I have a monster TV next to it.

I never have been able to get my Comcast OnDemand working with my TiVos, so there's that.

I have Directv, and their "on demand" works ok, but I seldom use it as I usually record the show sometime during the early morning hours so I don't have to mess with it.  It has not always downloaded the entire show at times, so...  I'm not too keen on watching TV on PC/tablet, etc., either.  Can only watch a few utube's and my eyes get tire pretty quick.

18 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Your sub include On Demand for the channels you get?

The Orville first episode is already there.

edit: looked it up, Digital Starter package, which you say you have, includes On Demand, so you could watch pretty much all the popular TV shows on channels in that package any time.

- OS

I have avoided using the On Demand because I thought they charged extra for that. I will try it and find out I guess.

13 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have avoided using the On Demand because I thought they charged extra for that. I will try it and find out I guess.

They charge for On-Demand first run movies, not for any movies channels or regular TV channels you have. You will see a price before you load the movie; if there is a charge.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

They charge for On-Demand first run movies, not for any movies channels or regular TV channels you have. You will see a price before you load the movie; if there is a charge.

Thanks Dave. I'm gonna try it later this evening when nothing else good is on. Gotta just figure out how it works but should be able to do it ok.

5 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Thanks Dave. I'm gonna try it later this evening when nothing else good is on. Gotta just figure out how it works but should be able to do it ok.

Depending on your remote, just push On Demand button, Xfinity button to get to menu, then On Demand.

Several ways to find stuff on there, including a search function.

Probably easiest for newbie, is just go the TV Shows/By Network / FOX, then down to The Orville (listed alphebetically as "O" in this case.

Oh, and controlled by the Rew/Play/Pause/FF part of your remote once you've fired it up. Note that sometimes on new shows for a while the FF is disabled, so you have to watch the commercials. :)

Ton of stuff on there, all depends on your subscription as to what is free and what isn't, or what you can see at all depending on channels you have or don't. You should have Movies/Free Movies, maybe StreamPix too (more free movies), dunno if that's included with Starter or not.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
2 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Depending on your remote, just push On Demand button, Xfinity button to get to menu, then On Demand.

Several ways to find stuff on there, including a search function.

Probably easiest for newbie, is just go the TV Shows/By Network / FOX, then down to The Orville (listed alphebetically as "O" in this case.

Oh, and controlled by the Rew/Play/Pause/FF part of your remote once you've fired it up. Note that sometimes on new shows for a while the FF is disabled, so you have to watch the commercials. :)

Ton of stuff on there, all depends on your subscription as to what is free and what isn't, or what you can see at all depending on channels you have or don't. You should have Movies/Free Movies, maybe StreamPix too (more free movies), dunno if that's included with Starter or not.

- OS

Thanks OS, with a little button pushing and a lot of searching I finally figured it out from your directions. I am watching it now...............:cheers:

5 hours ago, JAlexanderMSgt said:

You can also go to their web site and navigate to a channel lineup so you can see what channels are what number.

https://login.comcast.net/login

I  keep TV Guide it in a tab on browser at all times.

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

Enter your location and carrier, it'll remember it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1