Sign in to follow this  
Kckckc

As of Sept

I visited Memphis and Nashville.

Rendezvous BBQ at Beale St is posted inside. If I was carrying, I did not see the sign until I was leaving.

Beale St on weekends have pat downs and wands just to get onto Beale St. Cops are everywhere.

Graceland. No signage seen. Guy in front of me in line to get on the shuttle to the mansion got caught because he was printing / bulge. They took him inside to secure his firearm and we continued boarding the bus. After that incident, the guy loading the bus announced that he was now inspecting all bags. He inspected my bag. If I was carrying, I did not bulge and they did not ask.

Buffalo W Wings near Nashville. Posted but not the legal sign. If I was carrying, I saw the sign on the way out.

Parnthenon. I beleive there was a sign but not the legal one. 

Opry. Did not see postings but they have metal detectors and used them. I did not carry. 

Peg Leg Porker. I dont recall seeing any signs. Food was amazing.

Yeah the metal detectors on Beale Street are I believe after 10 at night.  It is crazy out a public street can put up metal detectors and search people.  I am surprised that the city of Memphis is able to get away with that.  I have heard that the tourist portion of Beale Street is technically all private property and that is how the property owners and Memphis get by with the street searches at night?  Others who know more may be able to provide more insight. 

You got to see how carrying in what people think is a 'pro gun' state can be kind of a pain.  I still don't see the appeal of open carrying here with all the little legal traps unless you are out in the woods.  It has gotten better though.  All the restaurants you went to probably would have been illegal for you to carry at a few years ago.  Parthenon definitely would have been illegal too because that is a Nashville park but now completely legal.  

Edited by 300winmag

I'll keep my gun off Beale Street.  My money will stay off Beale as well.

I stay out of Memphis, myself. I like Pegleg Porker too - especially the smoked green beans. :drool:

• Like 1