The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

• Administrator

I have seriously begun to question how many of you TGO regulars actually go to the range and shoot your guns, and how many of you just buy them to let them sit at your house.  Or worse yet, how many of you just come here to talk about politics because politics and guns see to be inextricably linked to one another.

So, let's have some fun related to guns.  The next time you are at the range, take a photo of what you're shooting and what your targets look like.  It doesn't matter what distance.  You don't even have to disclose it.  If you want to stand right in front of it and pull the trigger for the tightest group possible, that's fine and you don't have to tell a soul.  At least you're out shooting!

To start us off:

This was a recent outing with one of my old faithfuls.  This M&P 40 was produced in 2005 and is one of the earliest production runs of the reborn M&P line from Smith and Wesson.  I have owned it since it was new and it has about 10,000 rounds on it now.  It has attended six combative pistol classes and has never failed me.  Not a single time.  Never a failure to feed, fire or eject.  I have put a seemingly endless combination of sights on it over the years but it currently wears Ameriglo Hackathorn sights.

I haven't even replaced the recoil spring on it yet.  No sign that I need to, either. :)

This grouping was shot at about 15 yards and is two magazine's worth (30 rounds) of 40SW.

i-7Qqq6Xf-XL.jpg

• Like 6

Can't really call where I shoot a range, but it a paved lot back in a hollow. Makes for privacy though. Ran up there at lunch a couple weeks ago. Been too busy since. Not bad for me since it was only the first or second time with each gun. Right to left is a CZ P-09, EAA Windicator (using .38), and a S&W M&P 2.0 .45. 

20170918_170942_resized.jpg

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 2

7 pin and blue circle where at 20 yards with and without a bag with a Marlin 81DL with factory scope. Slathering of other 22LR holes are a Ruger MKIII 22/45 at various distances. Larger holes are all 9mm, again at various distances, from 5yd to 20. Pretty sloppy 9mm by my standards. Pic isn't working apparently. I'll try later. 

IMG_2856.JPG

Edited by jhc77
Changed picture

It does show when you have not been to the range in a while But this is first time back after losing my best friend and range partner B.T. back in the Spring. Was kind of  a strange feeling not to hear his Tokarev rocking the rafters in the range. I only spent about 30 minutes there and I think I might try and find another range close by to go to. Probably Sumner Gun and Supply will be the one I attend next when I go. I was shooting Mod 85 Bersa and Phoenix HP 22A but just could not get my heart into it. The picture of the 15 yards was the last time B.T and I shot together. I was somewhat better cause we shot twice a month at least and some times more. That is a picture of BT in the second picture holding a Big Smallmouth he caught on Dale Hollow.

001.JPG

003.JPG

Heck! A bud and I went this morning...but I didn't know photographic evidence was required! ;)

We shot the 5x5 Drill and the Dot Torture in the indoor range and after 0900 went and sighted in his suppressed 300 BLK red dot sight. Then we went and visited with Mike at Law Enforcement Sales for a bit...does that count? :pleased:

Disclaimer: Pics are from a previous trip.

147 gr Gold Dot target Snubbie Dot Torture.jpg

Dot Torture May 25th S&W 9mm Shield.jpg

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, TGO David said:

I have seriously begun to question how many of you TGO regulars actually go to the range and shoot your guns, and how many of you just buy them to let them sit at your house.  Or worse yet, how many of you just come here to talk about politics because politics and guns see to be inextricably linked to one another.

So, let's have some fun related to guns.  The next time you are at the range, take a photo of what you're shooting and what your targets look like.  It doesn't matter what distance.  You don't even have to disclose it.  If you want to stand right in front of it and pull the trigger for the tightest group possible, that's fine and you don't have to tell a soul.  At least you're out shooting!

To start us off:

This was a recent outing with one of my old faithfuls.  This M&P 40 was produced in 2005 and is one of the earliest production runs of the reborn M&P line from Smith and Wesson.  I have owned it since it was new and it has about 10,000 rounds on it now.  It has attended six combative pistol classes and has never failed me.  Not a single time.  Never a failure to feed, fire or eject.  I have put a seemingly endless combination of sights on it over the years but it currently wears Ameriglo Hackathorn sights.

I haven't even replaced the recoil spring on it yet.  No sign that I need to, either. :)

This grouping was shot at about 15 yards and is two magazine's worth (30 rounds) of 40SW.

i-7Qqq6Xf-XL.jpg

:eek:Yep for sure, you need to spend more time at the range David.....30 rounds and not one in center mass......................:doh:

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'll try to do better the next time I go and put some in the ole juice pump.

Well I have always been told to make sure and try and put first round center mass if you ever have to defend yourself. I can see their point cause it is a much better target in a self defense situation but I think if a person can shoot as well as you do or did in the picture at 15 yards then by all means shoot for the melon on the shoulders..............:cheers: