The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

Diagnosed myself a few weeks ago with a serious flinch. Been hitting the range x2 wk to iron things out - putting hard work into basic fundamentals - 1"dot/3yds, 2"circles/5yds. Slowly making progress with the Glock, but took a few other pistols the other day just to shoot something different/get a different result. First is with G34, then G19, then M&P 40 - really digged the M&P, even though I discounted them a long time ago, even in .40 - great shooting pistol. Might be a 2.0/5" in my future.

Last pic is last trip, just the 34 - finally started getting things figured out.

IMG_2659 (480x640).jpg

IMG_2660 (480x640).jpg

IMG_2661 (480x640).jpg

IMG_2667 (480x640).jpg

• Like 3

Well...things don't always go as planned. Plan was to work some Dot Torture, 1" Dot Targets, and the 5x5 Drill.

But the indoor range was busy...very busy... and I hadn't planned on shooting outdoors and didn't bring target stands nor stapler... so we shot handgun and SBR on the Rifle Plinking Range.

No paper targets are allowed on this range, so we worked 25-50-75 yards with handgun.I assume those distances are correct, ORSA would have a cow if they found me walking down range. This is a decent option for working sight alignment, trigger control, and follow-through.

25 is fine offhand, 50 a bit more challenging for me...but I had to brace for consistent 75 yard steel. Just another thing I need to work on (on a looong list of other things I need to work on).  :rolleyes:

Beautiful morning though. :pleased:

ORSA Rifle Plinking range 29 Sept 17.jpg

Edited by prag
clarity
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

It is beautiful when this is the first 10 rounds each you fire out of 2 new (to me) guns.... especially when you are hurrying.

20171004_185719_resized.jpg

Nice grouping for sure. Probably a lot better than I would do right now. I do need to get back to the range soon...............:doh:

6 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Nice grouping for sure. Probably a lot better than I would do right now. I do need to get back to the range soon...............:doh:

I usually chalk my good groupings up to luck, but I am getting to be better with handguns. 

Before the remnants of hurricane Nate made it's way to our range, some friends and I were able to squeeze in a ATA Big 50 shoot .  I didn't think about taking an action picture until we were in the process of shutting down so this is my best attempt of photographic evidence I shot today.

WLuhII4.jpg

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 4

Had a great time Saturday with some friends at a farm owned by some of my wife's family.  First there was skeet....  

i-z86cSfD-L.jpg

... and we even managed to break a few of them.  Before they hit the ground.  :)

Then after lunch it was pistols and rifles.... 

i-kZ6PDJ5-L.jpg

Got to shoot lots of good stuff.  I finally got to shoot the FAL I built and it worked pretty well.  I was very happy that it didn't require much sight adjustment at all.  I got irons sighted in on both AR's but unfortunately one of them was plagued with light strikes, so I'll have to sort that out.  

One of my friends is somewhat new to guns and I managed to dispel some myths about .380's being innaccurate by hitting a spinning gopher target a handful of times from about 25 yds with my P3AT.  Surprised myself a little too.  

A bit warm for my tastes but a great time for sure.  

Edited by peejman
  • Like 1

Finally got to the range today. Decided to shoot some of my older guns. This first target is with my Colt 1903 .32. Not to bad for a 104 year old pistol.
ad51bda405da9506a049c4522fab7202.jpg

This next target is with my Luger. I believe it is 75+ years old. I was aiming at the 7. Grouped decent but did shoot high.
e29fc82ffeaf3ec0b2cbc4cf9e63254a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I also was sighting in my Colt Anaconda. I was shooting off a sand bag and had my left hand holding the front of the sandbag. After a couple of cylinders sighting the scope in I looked down and this is what my hand looked like.

3723b7d2d5b5a14d6ae8d8228f8060ba.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

I also was sighting in my Colt Anaconda. I was shooting off a sand bag and had my left hand holding the front of the sandbag. After a couple of cylinders sighting the scope in I looked down and this is what my hand looked like.

3723b7d2d5b5a14d6ae8d8228f8060ba.jpg

You need to think about what you done.  

Don’t ever put your support hand any further forward than the grip when shooting a revolver.  

• Like 1

Could have been a lot worse. As a demo to new shooters I have put a paper towel over the revolver I am about to show them how to shoot and then show the results. Did that with my S&W Governor and .45 ACP and .45 Long Colt gave the expected results. Then I did 410, it completely shredded the paper towel, looked like confetti on the ground. The new shooter at that point keeps his had where it belongs or refuses to shoot the gun.

• Like 1