The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

On 10/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, Gotthegoods said:

I like this target as well, for me it truly visualizes why shot placement is so important.

How are you liking the P10 so far? I've tried finding one around town but not had any luck. The guys at SIA said they can't keep them in stock.

1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

How are you liking the P10 so far? I've tried finding one around town but not had any luck. The guys at SIA said they can't keep them in stock.

Erik, comparing it to my 2 upgraded 75B variants and a custom Glock (Bowie Tactical) I am impressed.

PM me if you're out and about, if we can hook up, I'll let you shoot it.

• Like 1

https://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/asrx-cplt-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.htm

I have the 40 S&W and the 9mm bolt face and barrel. To swap you change barrel and bolt face, barrel can be swapped in seconds, bolt face in less that 10 mins.

I shoot 40 S&W, the rifle loves cast all day long.:drool:  The front barrel piece is from a Arch Angle stock for a 10/22 and the rifle uses Glock mags, been wanting a snail drum for a bit. I did but it from a member here a few months ago. It shoots well and hits where I aim. You can even make it correct or right handed. Just flip the bolt face and flip the ejector over.

Red,

I was unfamiliar with the Aero Survival Rifle "kit". Looks intriguing. I searched and read several reviews, based on those I'm curious as to whether or not you've had any magazine issues. The consensus seems to be if you have Glock mags that work, they work well...but some Glock mags may not work.

What are your thoughts Sir? 

Thank you Red. I hope you'll post and let us know if you have the opportunity to run a drum mag in it.

I am really wanting a Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm actually) these days. The Aero is different from what I was thinking...but it has a few options that are interesting and appealing. 

Just now, prag said:

Thank you Red. I hope you'll post and let us know if you have the opportunity to run a drum mag in it.

I am really wanting a Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm actually) these days. The Aero is different from what I was thinking...but it has a few options that are interesting and appealing. 

The 2 I picked up a while back are a hoot to shoot and accurate. Working to outfit one with a sling and such as my trunk gun.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

The 2 I picked up a while back are a hoot to shoot and accurate. Working to outfit one with a sling and such as my trunk gun.

Look close at the butt stock, there are 2 holes that will allow a quick detach sling mount and you could put something on the rail where my forward grip is. Pics coming.

sling 1.jpg

sling mount.jpg

Edited by RED333
to add pics
26 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Look close at the butt stock, there are 2 holes that will allow a quick detach sling mount and you could put something on the rail where my forward grip is. Pics coming.

Being pistols, there are no "stocks". I failed to clarify that mine are not carbines. Sorry was hurrying at work.

I have been looking at these MLock ones. Figure I might be ok putting one at at each far end of the rail.

20171023_192330.png

Odd question... if you mounted a carry handle at a 90 degree on an ar pistol....is that legal?

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Odd question... if you mounted a carry handle at a 90 degree on an ar pistol....is that legal?

Do you have a picture of what you're describing?

An AR-15 pistol with an A2 or an M4 detachable carry handle mounted topside is still a pistol.  You can even put an angled forward grip on it so long as it isn't a vertical grip and that's legal too.  But when you put a standard vertical foregrip on it, it becomes an AOW and requires a tax stamp.

Honestly, if this doesn't make you want to defund the BATFE and do away with the NFA, nothing will.  It's the most asinine crap imaginable.

It was a beautiful and peaceful morning out at ORSA today... Then some Bastard started sending 5.56 downrange! :D

20171025_090549.jpg

@jpx2rk Helped me try sighting in my AR @ 200 yds w/ a variety of manufacturers ammo (including WInchester match grade at $1.35 a pop!)

Did OK for me, but today helped convince me I need to hand-load for this thing if I want to get tighter groups at that range. Still, for an AR @ 200 yds, I thought it was pretty good (given the shooter... :bored: )

20171025_111255.jpg

Edited by ReeferMac
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, ReeferMac said:

It was a beautiful and peaceful morning out at ORSA today... Then some Bastard started sending 5.56 downrange! :D

20171025_090549.jpg

@jpx2rk Helped me try sighting in my AR @ 200 yds w/ a variety of manufacturers ammo (including WInchester match grade at $1.35 a pop!)

Did OK for me, but today helped convince me I need to hand-load for this thing if I want to get tighter groups at that range. Still, for an AR @ 200 yds, I thought it was pretty good (given the shooter... :bored: )

20171025_111255.jpg

Was good to see you, too long in between visits.  Was easy to tell ya where it went, much easier than putting the hole(s) in the paper.  LOL.