The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

2 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Took my scout rifle back out today and finished getting it dialed in.   I’m very confident in my abilities with this rifle at 100 yards now.  Also threw the can on to see what kind of shift I would experience.  It’s about two inches low and an inch and a half right with the can.  That’s not worth adjusting the sights and it’s easy enough to remember if I hunt with the can.  

46169934042_8e47c3f627_b.jpg 32348354978_5ffa891a86_b.jpg

You can also see @Chucktshoesrifle on the bench there   That Montana and NightForce combo is an absolute pleasure to sit behind. I’d even go so far as to say that it can make this barely average marksman looks pretty decent.

45496650094_26a11604a2_b.jpg

46220555191_290903c08c_b.jpg

Nice shooting @Capbyrd, especially with @Chucktshoes‘s rifle.  I can see the pasties covering up the holes from where he was shooting.  😀

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Nice shooting @Capbyrd, especially with @Chucktshoes‘s rifle.  I can see the pasties covering up the holes from where he was shooting.  😀

Haha.  Thanks.  But I was there alone.  The pasties were from a previous range session with a different gun.  I’ve been being frugal with my targets lately.  Haha

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 9:47 PM, Capbyrd said:

Went back today with some better ammo.   Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

100 yards 

iron sights 

hornady custom 168

46124150441_cf30381191_b.jpg

46124156641_19e3f531b4_b.jpg

Im ridiculously happy with that.  I’m gonna get out there a couple more times with this ammo and see if I can repeat it and get the sights adjusted better    They’re obviously a little high right now.

That's some pretty good shooting with irons.  I doubt I could do that.  

• Like 1

Took the family to Ok Carrol yesterday, first time I've been there, handgun range was nice, the rifle range was good but I wished it was much longer, the Pit sucked, wish it was flatter and longer. My daughter came in for Xmas from Colorado and she brought her BF from New York :squint: , I wasn't surprised he never held a gun in his life but I fixed that :cool:

45567260805_51d60796ff_b.jpg 46480578551_8a348926f0_b.jpg 45756932824_871ea9cb93_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RED333 said:

A wheelchair accessible range, what range is that?

Yeah nice looking rifle but can you hit with it :bowrofl:

I'm standing in front of the plinking range at the finest outdoor shooting facility in the whole state, the Chattanooga Rifle Club. 123 acres of shooting bliss. We also have a second facility with a 500 yard range and three pistol lanes in Meigs county north of the Hiwassee River.

I can hit a 12" steel dinger at 100 yards and milk jugs full of water at 60 yards. I've never shot at paper targets though.

Bill

4 hours ago, hipower said:

Heck...I can do to from that distance!

Nice weapons there. Where's the Scorpion?

I had to bring it waaaay in so you could have a peek. 😉 I was shooting pistols about 30 feet and the rifles a little farther out. I traded it to another member and of course immediately regretted it. Good to see you back around sir.

1 hour ago, Esko 270 said:

I had to bring it waaaay in so you could have a peek. 😉 I was shooting pistols about 30 feet and the rifles a little farther out. I traded it to another member and of course immediately regretted it. Good to see you back around sir.

Are you saying my eyes are bad?  I'll have you know I can hit that at 50 feet...with a howitzer.

Thanks, buddy. I still have mine and don't think I could let go of it.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! I got to use an AR with one a while back when Fighting Sheep Dog hosted a Toys for Tot's drive out at Windrock.... Man, what a blast! Clearly though, once you have one, you have to get a complete set.

I have a hard enough time affording Ammo as it is, can't imagine what I would go through...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...