The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

WOW! That's quite a load of firepower for one session. lol I'm very envious.

I've gotten away from that. 1 or 2 is about all I take anymore. First all the weight of multiple pistols and ammo is getting to me, and secondly, my old body just can't seem to take the trek and standing anymore.

Dad shot 1911 pretty much all the time, but I liked his 9mm more back then. However, in the last decade or so, I've really taken to the 1911s and the big .45. I think dad would approve.

Getting old and unsteady really stinks!

BTW...what's the pistol in your injury pick? Is that one of Esmerelda's Celtic Cross grips?

Edited by hipower

Hipower that is a Esmerelda Celtic Cross on a Kimber. And to tell the truth I cheat. That bench is only about 20 feet from my door. The target is 12 yards. And I have a hard time holding steady too so the bench is about 42 inches tall and I sit on a bar stool. 🙄. That is under an extension of my car port. Yeah he would be proud. All I have is .45. And I was also shooting my 686, love that wheel gun.

1 hour ago, bigun said:

Hipower that is a Esmerelda Celtic Cross on a Kimber. And to tell the truth I cheat. That bench is only about 20 feet from my door. The target is 12 yards. And I have a hard time holding steady too so the bench is about 42 inches tall and I sit on a bar stool. 🙄. That is under an extension of my car port. Yeah he would be proud. All I have is .45. And I was also shooting my 686, love that wheel gun.

Thanks for the reply, brother. I thought that was on of her grips. Absolutely love her work. I haven't checked lately, but I have heard a rumor that Esmerelda has stopped making her grips. Sad if true. The lady had soul and spirit that came thru in all her work.

Cheat? No, I disagree. As we/I age, holding a steady sight picture, as well as seeing it...gets harder and harder. 12/15 yards is about it for me as well with a pistol. Could do better I think with a carbine and some scope. But haven't been able to shoot anything other than 9 carbines in years.

If we ever get out of Nashville, I hope to be able to do as you do. It must be wonderful to have a personal range. 

Kudos for your shooting situation.

Yeah I heard the same about her and she did extra great work. Yes it is nice to have a place to shoot. I think every one around here had the same idea as I heard a lot of shooting after I started. Hope you can get out in the country and have a ready made range.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Moderators

I spent the weekend at Tactical Response for Fighting Pistol. It was an amazing experience. I’m still processing some stuff from the class, but I will provide a full AAR in a different thread, but the short and dirty is that I will be back for more, much more.Ieq93ro.jpg
cQRdHQP.jpg
fmUAtoI.jpg

BAVlGAS.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

I spent the weekend at Tactical Response for Fighting Pistol. It was an amazing experience. I’m still processing some stuff from the class, but I will provide a full AAR in a different thread, but the short and dirty is that I will be back for more, much more.Ieq93ro.jpg
cQRdHQP.jpg
fmUAtoI.jpg

BAVlGAS.jpg

I presume that's you in the camo shorts? :hiding:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sigshooter1 said:

Finally got my ported barrel back on my VP. If you need H&K work done, use J&L Millworks. I’ve used them several times with excellent service and quality. 

22FE0F09-4D17-4F80-8AB2-E3FA1328D3E8.jpeg

Sweet looking pistol. I like it...a lot. 

• Like 1

0?ui=2&ik=91385b7166&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1672934502450496395&th=17377510ff0e838b&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8kB7UvFK4YbRDN8-P8JSKDLooR72hoxavTE7eb9K_mNLBaukm_Ev0adHUSfuBbxNtJcVn0_tp5Z6k884n6-i0l6wvzqeGjeo9vUlN86hm2C4eRfulKM4t3Kdg&disp=emb

Family was visiting. Shot some guns with them, mostly .22s. Filmed this and sent it to my uncle (to make him jealous of the backyard range lol) Shooting at 15 yards (middle target) and 7 yards (two close targets). CZ 75 compact. Both GIFs are the same shooting. One GIF is zoomed in (the one on the bottom).

Also, I know IDPA doesn't allow steel to be shot at 7 yards. Everyone was further back than me, all wearing eye protection.

Edited by crake
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crake said:

0?ui=2&ik=91385b7166&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1672793380098175743&th=1736f4b7636072ff&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9KyPIIevjYHyaHl7E9S2L2llbrnswpSLCgavw5ryexBMNzfbHtPAX-8SLhPO37vZ9jaXo39YbM1UgCz8Voo2_K0h0RDUoPQxvygzd4BfTjzd0nD7LiPilzT38&disp=emb0?ui=2&ik=91385b7166&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1672793791624208865&th=1736f517343d61e1&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8tR3RI8qwilrirw4p6chDxzzpiLTSdLl8uYu_xIKpSwKB5X38U5nn5Ng6uUsxiNpK0kDQOeB9oKbTM5riHqQ-H9lLajb1YeNL9s-Bj9IhjtFNM9lhXlYSmD4w&disp=emb

Family was visiting. Shot some guns with them, mostly .22s. Filmed this and sent it to my uncle (to make him jealous of the backyard range lol) Shooting at 15 yards (middle target) and 7 yards (two close targets). CZ 75 compact. Both GIFs are the same shooting. One GIF is zoomed in (the one on the bottom).

Also, I know IDPA doesn't allow steel to be shot at 7 yards. Everyone was further back than me, all wearing eye protection.

You're getting really good with the photoshop Gary 😉

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

I finally committed to dry fire.

It's working for me, YMMV

This is 7 yards, ability to go out to 12.

Promised my wife I wouldn't be putting bullet holes in it.

Range lights on and off, with natural light, I can mimic different conditions.

David Yes GIF by Big Brother

YES!  Dry Fire is life, even when ammo is plentiful.  😁

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...