The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

On Jan 27-29 I attended the Rangemaster Defensive Shotgun Instructor Course at Royal Range in Nashville TN. It is 3 days of intensive shooting and classroom work in learning (as Tom Givens refers to it) The Gospel of the Gauge. Pic shows Tom presenting me with my class certificate and Top Gun award for highest aggregate score in class. 

IMG_6640.jpg

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Not me, but my older boy....  We drove over for a 4-H BB and air rifle competition at the Rutherford County Ag Center Saturday.  It was his first competition. He was nervous and it showed in his first round but he settled in reasonably.  I think he learned a bit we can apply at Bend of the River next weekend. 

i-MfW5dB5-600x338.jpg

I learned a couple things as well. Murfreesboro traffic is no joke.  Holy smokes! I think I could've walked to lunch faster. We drove back through the country a bit across 96 and 70.  Really pretty farm country out there. 

• Like 2

image.jpeg.fac7886328627e43b6235d7f7a6966a7.jpeg

Getting that first match in the rear view is important.  I was involved with Tennessee 4-H shooting Sports program for years and stuck with it after my kids aged out but finally had to make the call to step aside and let others find out how much time it really takes to do this and do it right.   I still keep up with teams and scores and see Tennessee still struggles at getting results posted. Did they use Orion scoring system?   What discipline is your son shooting, BB or air rifle? Who were the top 3 finishing teams?   Charlie at Bend of the River runs great matches.  Tell your son to breathe, relax, aim, squeeze and follow through keeping the head down. It all gets easier over time. 

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
2 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Did they use Orion scoring system?   What discipline is your son shooting, BB or air rifle? Who were the top 3 finishing teams?   Charlie at Bend of the River runs great matches.  Tell your son to breathe, relax, aim, squeeze and follow through keeping the head down. It all gets easier over time. 

Orion - don't know.  It was scored by computer and it had issues. They had to re-score all the air rifle targets because there we so many protests/errors.  Another parent tried to explain to me how the scoring works (I'm familiar with computer  vision based inspection systems) and there were several parts that don't make sense to me.  

Both my boys started with BB, inexpensive way to see if they like it. My older one will have to do air rifle if he continues next year. 

I don't know any of the results.  The competition was an hour behind schedule and with a 3.5hr drive home, I wasn't going to sit around even longer while they figured out the scores. 

I think breath control and being really smooth on the trigger are his biggest areas for improvement. He hit the black pretty easily when he did that well. Need to make the bad shots less bad.

Focus, concentration, patience, perseverance, .... all the things I want them to learn. 

• 7 months later...

Forgot to post this here when it happened but better late than never....

(Oct 14th 2023) Today the year long journey to the IDPA World Championship match finished up. We shot half the match on Friday and the other half today. A couple of stages on Friday were not some of my best work but Saturday was pretty solid.

In my entourage here was my everything Brandi Harris , my friend Trey Hudson , and my friend / coach / “man servant “ for the weekend Michael V Swisher . Mike helped keep me focused, manage equipment, pull the wagon, and strategize.

For those who just want the cliff note version of the match ,  I finished in the top ten in my division at the World Championship with a 5th place in Master Class in the Backup Gun Division !

And finally a big thanks to my sponsor Natchez Outdoors .

Randy Harris 
Harris Combative Strategies

391569467_325922753393701_6161871521263350342_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=ToApQZ4aSmkAX80YCUz&_nc_oc=AQl-W6JIVpcuvvhiPjxIzQD4ejCwnVLpLN6VkOODbVCkUptrg40MemZH9Fvq7hsoxrA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AfC4EOjg120XE1uxz6Dnd5NBqhGUiABIH5sVEcuAy5Kgww&oe=65694ECD

Shooting past one of the NUMEROUS non threat targets. 

May be an image of 1 person, skeet shooting and text

Look who I ran into....Rob Leatham and Mike Seeklander ....I need some serious help with my selfie game...

May be an image of 2 people and text

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 3