The Official Range Photo Thread (Prove That You Shoot)

34 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Could have been a lot worse. As a demo to new shooters I have put a paper towel over the revolver I am about to show them how to shoot and then show the results. Did that with my S&W Governor and .45 ACP and .45 Long Colt gave the expected results. Then I did 410, it completely shredded the paper towel, looked like confetti on the ground. The new shooter at that point keeps his had where it belongs or refuses to shoot the gun.

That's a great idea! Visual training aids work a lot better for most than just saying "don't put your booger pickers up there". 

17 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I also was sighting in my Colt Anaconda. I was shooting off a sand bag and had my left hand holding the front of the sandbag. After a couple of cylinders sighting the scope in I looked down and this is what my hand looked like.

3723b7d2d5b5a14d6ae8d8228f8060ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burned powder will infect fast, take care of it.

This weekend with the VP9.

In case you want to try this event yourself, it's called Rastoff's Challenge, and it comes from a shooting instructor who hangs out at the S&W Forum.  It's a 20-round exercise fired on a B-27 center.

• 4 shots at 3 yards
  • 6 shots at 5 yards
  • 6 shots at 7 yards
  • 4 shots at 10 yards

No time limit; take as much time as you want between shots, and for the entire string of 20 rounds.

All shots must be inside the X-ring, i.e., no breaking the line.  You must shoot the test cold (no warmups) and no more than once per day.

It's not easy.  I have probably shot it 20 times this year and this is my first passing score.

Have fun,

Whisper

RastoffVP9.jpg

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Whisper said:

In case you want to try this event yourself, it's called Rastoff's Challenge, and it comes from a shooting instructor who hangs out at the S&W Forum.  It's a 20-round exercise fired on a B-27 center.

• 4 shots at 3 yards
  • 6 shots at 5 yards
  • 6 shots at 7 yards
  • 4 shots at 10 yards

No time limit; take as much time as you want between shots, and for the entire string of 20 rounds.

All shots must be inside the X-ring, i.e., no breaking the line.  You must shoot the test cold (no warmups) and no more than once per day.

It's not easy.  I have probably shot it 20 times this year and this is my first passing score.

Have fun,

Whisper

RastoffVP9.jpg

Recently got that very pistol. I'll give this a try. Looks easy. lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hipower said:

Recently got that very pistol. I'll give this a try. Looks easy. lol

Yes my friend...looks easy indeed...it's the mental part of something like this that will kick me in the butt! Mechanically this should be easy. :rolleyes: But it'll tell on me quickly if my sight alignment, trigger control, and follow through are off that day. That's why I'm continually challenged by drills like this, the 1" target dots and The Dot Drill.

I hope to try this one tomorrow or Wednesday.

• Like 1

For anyone who would like to try shooting Rastoff's Challenge yourself -- don't spend money buying B-27 centers.  I have a PDF that can be printed on 8.5x11 paper.  Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the PDF.

Be prepared to be made humble.  This is a hard test.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Whisper said:

For anyone who would like to try shooting Rastoff's Challenge yourself -- don't spend money buying B-27 centers.  I have a PDF that can be printed on 8.5x11 paper.  Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the PDF.

Cheers,

Whisper

PM sent.

Thank you for the offer Whisper. I appreciate it.

I have that pdf, as well as a few others, like the old Tactical Response, or Andy Stanford's, "Dot Drill".

I don't know if posting a pdf is allowed here or not. Or if it's possible. My "cyber-abilities" are limited...

I would be more than happy to e-mail them to anyone interested.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, prag said:

Thank you for the offer Whisper. I appreciate it.

I have that pdf, as well as a few others, like the old Tactical Response, or Andy Stanford's, "Dot Drill".

I don't know if posting a pdf is allowed here or not. Or if it's possible. My "cyber-abilities" are limited...

I would be more than happy to e-mail them to anyone interested.

OK Prag....stop hogging the target PDFs and send 'em to me...:devil:

• Like 2
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, Whisper said:

Cheers,

Whisper

Oh I'm not worried at all. I got put in my place years ago. My father shot competitively in the '60s. I could never come close to his scores. He shot 50 yard 22 pistol with a High Standard Olympic in 22 short, and did that better than I could at 15 yards. He considered nickel size groups a bad day.

I still have the Olympic, it's a joy to shoot. 

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
On 10/16/2017 at 3:32 PM, Whisper said:

Cheers,

Whisper

Pm sent

My daughter and I hit a local range several times a month. We always end the session with Battleship. Or as the targets are called Sink-a-Sub. I shoot the top with a G19. She shoots the bottom with her M&P 22 compact. She can hit any part of the bullseye, I have to hit red. She has been shooting handguns for about two months now. As I have posted before she is a well awarded rimfire/airrifle rifle shooter. This is at 5 yards.

She demanded I amend this, as this was the first time I won.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Heathen

a06abefae68a0a7388b4786e4f3f642a.jpg

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 4
12 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Let’s try this another way.  Click on the link to Taurus armed and in a post there are several B27 PDF Options that I was able to download and print.  Here is the B27 red center.

Taurusarmed

This worked for me, thanks much. The first did not.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:39 AM, Whisper said:

• 4 shots at 3 yards
  • 6 shots at 5 yards
  • 6 shots at 7 yards
  • 4 shots at 10 yards

Have fun,

Whisper

RastoffVP9.jpg

The x-ring is a 2x3 inch oval.  Cut out a template and you can spray paint several of them on a single sheet of paper, paper plate, etc...

• Like 1

Tried the challenge today with a brand new M&P 9 2.0 compact.  Didn’t win but these were my first 20 rounds through the pistol.

The challenge is aggravating but I’m going to keep it up.

7wGWKHb.jpg 

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2