Home Defense Gun

JPS

1 hour ago, Bassoneer said:

Very cool...five rounds?

5 +1 for the Mossberg, I believe the Remmie is one less? Either way, lotta hurt in a small package. Nice heater for sure.

Here's some Shockwave vids, technique applies to both though.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
22 hours ago, Bassoneer said:

Very cool...five rounds?

Yes - 4+1 for the Tac 14. 

Interesting note - I contacted the company that makes a 'plug' for the Mossberg so you can use Agila Mini shells, and they said they tried making one for Rem 870s but the internals just wouldn't work for it.

1 hour ago, JPS said:

Yes - 4+1 for the Tac 14. 

Interesting note - I contacted the company that makes a 'plug' for the Mossberg so you can use Agila Mini shells, and they said they tried making one for Rem 870s but the internals just wouldn't work for it.

I bet you could make it work with some massaging.

4 hours ago, sybo said:

Put 25 rounds through the Mossberg at the range this past week. Not mine but a friends. It's a handful!! A WHOLE LOT OF HURT in a small package!

Were you using standard ammo or low recoil? I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:13 PM, mikegideon said:

Yep. Probably don't want to shoot any 3" 00 Buck without a stock. Cool looking weapon though. Small turn radius

I agree 100%. The Tac14/Shockwaves are cool and all but for home defense I would want a stock. If you ever have to use it for self defense you will be under duress and just as Clint Smith shows in the video it is very easy to punch yourself in the face with the gun. Even though it is a shotgun you still have to aim. Of course this can be remedied somewhat with training.

On 10/2/2017 at 1:36 PM, Urse said:

I agree 100%. The Tac14/Shockwaves are cool and all but for home defense I would want a stock. If you ever have to use it for self defense you will be under duress and just as Clint Smith shows in the video it is very easy to punch yourself in the face with the gun. Even though it is a shotgun you still have to aim. Of course this can be remedied somewhat with training.

I stick to the notion that as a shotgun really only has a single point of reference, the bead (unless you have one with rifle style sights), you do not aim a shotgun.  You point a shotgun using the bead as if you were using only a front sight (just as with 'point shooting' a handgun or rifle.)  I have a PGO on one of my shotguns and, with the use of a single point sling, I can easily point it just as well as if I shouldered it.  I do so by pushing out against the gun which puts tension on the sling and 'locks' the shotgun in place.  I raise the shotgun just to my line of sight - just high enough that I can place the bead on the target.  It is quite comfortable, pretty sturdy and for me is actually more 'natural' (as in I tend to do it without thinking much about it) than trying to 'shoulder' a firearm that doesn't have a buttstock.  To each his or her own, however, and that method might not work for everyone.

My late mother had fibromyalgia and had gotten to the point that holding a 12 gauge up to her shoulder for any amount of time was difficult for her and the recoil was pretty painful.  She was able to shoot my PGO shotgun 'from the hip' and - at home defense distances - hit the target she was aiming for every, single time right from the very first time she tried it.  She also said that she didn't have any fatigue when doing so and that there was zero pain involved  There is a lot to be said for 'body indexing'.

All that said, my main, go to, bedside HD shotgun has a buttstock.  I would not, however, hesitate to grab the PGO if it happened to be more 'handy'.

Edited by JAB
13 hours ago, RottenBlood said:

I have a mossberg 500 pistol grip and would LOVE to have a strap like that on there. Do you know what brand that is or where I can find it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay el cheapo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Point-Shotgun-Ammo-Tactical-Sling-Strap-15-Shells-Holder-Heavy-Duty-Metal-Hook/302423512652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

On 10/3/2017 at 5:52 AM, RottenBlood said:

I have a mossberg 500 pistol grip and would LOVE to have a strap like that on there. Do you know what brand that is or where I can find it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midway $19.99

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939337917/midwayusa-tactical-shotgun-sling-with-15-round-shellholder-and-grovtec-sling-swivels