Anyone else hear about this

bersaguy

1 minute ago, Omega said:

Sounds a bit fishy to me, it's not everyday people walk around their yard with an AR, just sayin.   They must not be reporting everything

Based on what was reported, it sounds like he was expecting trouble based on the incident the previous day.  Perhaps he had it hidden in the bushes while he was outside.

4 minutes ago, Ski said:

Based on what was reported, it sounds like he was expecting trouble based on the incident the previous day.  Perhaps he had it hidden in the bushes while he was outside.

I don't know, almost 3am, AR close enough to return fire at a moving vehicle, AND hitting all three, two fatally...maybe just  gang related.  It sounds more plausible that he ambushed them, and they returned fire.

After I read the report I kind of think that the homeowner was the first shooter and the guns in the car where not expecting him to be out there when they arrived. The report said someone tried to set his house on fire the previous day so sounds like he was expecting them to come back. I'm guessing like a few have said and it was either a bad drug deal or gang related.............JMHO

2 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

I make sure I ALWAYS have a gun. Even out in the yard I generally have an AK close by. Too many crazies in the world not to. 

I use to walk down my driveway to get my mail out of my box at the road. Now days I go to my mail box in my Jeep and I am armed when I get out to get the mail out of the box and don't do that until there is no cars coming from either direction. There have been people robbed in this area while cutting their lawns and Grilling out on patio's. Man down about 10 houses down from me was robbed by knifepoint by 2 guys at his mailbox. I'm am almost hoping they approach me with a knife at my mail box. I will teach them why it's not a good idea to bring a knife to a gun fight...........JMHO

Drive by burglary has been occurring in rural South Knoxville.

Brother in law home, house looks like no one is home.

Walks around the front, see an unmarked box truck in his drive. Occupants of truck see him,  stops, and immediately reverses back down the driveway.

Be cautious and observant my friends

Some similar reports here in Nashville. Have had some instances of daylight robberies and invasions with people home.

As Gtg says be vigilant. Watch traffic in your community. Cruising cars and multiple turn-arounds can be a sign of possible trouble.

Sometimes difficult these days, but know your neighbors and their cars. If something is suspicious, call the police.

Better safe than sorry.

Thats good information HP but in my neighborhood about 1.5 miles down my road are 8 nice Rental Duplexes and 2 rental houses and it is musical chair type situation on how fast people move in and out of them. You will see a u-haul truck and people unloading it into the duplex and a week later you will see a u-haul backed up to a different unit and someone moving out. Houses not so much cause they are 3 bedroom houses and at least 1 car at each and several pickup trucks parked in around the driveways and once in a while you will see them out side. All of the trucks are gone every week day by 6 AM and come in about 4-5 PM. It is evident that there is at least 2 and maybe 3 imigrant families living in them but never seen any police cars there and none of the neighbors complain about them.....................:bored:

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2017 at 4:16 PM, bersaguy said:

I use to walk down my driveway to get my mail out of my box at the road. Now days I go to my mail box in my Jeep and I am armed when I get out to get the mail out of the box and don't do that until there is no cars coming from either direction. There have been people robbed in this area while cutting their lawns and Grilling out on patio's. Man down about 10 houses down from me was robbed by knifepoint by 2 guys at his mailbox. I'm am almost hoping they approach me with a knife at my mail box. I will teach them why it's not a good idea to bring a knife to a gun fight...........JMHO

I'm glad you are in a state that still understands and enforces the notion of "castle doctrine". 

>"Why were you carrying a pistol to the mailbox?"

<"To shoot snakes with."

>"But there's snow on the ground."

<"Force of habit."

>"OK. Carry on."

SWC a/k/a KI7CIL