church shooting near Nashville

john455

4 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

He'd sure be the first Muslim I've ever met named Emanuel.

I don't know that it matters - we've got all kinds of people in this world that are consumed by their hatred.  The church should stand in start contrast to that - so I guess it shouldn't surprise us when we are targeted.

There's a prayer service happening this afternoon at 1530CDT at Woodmont Hills this afternoon on Franklin Pike if any of you are so inclined.

There are several rationales as to the source of his name. Name really doesn't mean anything.

He claimed to be lied to, but I have no idea as to what he was referencing.

1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

I do recall hearing a LOT more on the national news about the South Carolina church shooting a while back than I've heard about this one.

I hate to say this but I'm guessing it's because he killed a lot more people in Charleston. 

Muslim angle doesn't seem to fit guys. It sounds more like the guy was not all there. The young man that stopped him was very brave. 

After graduating from high school, in May 2010, he posted about being a “devoted Christian,” and wrote that he was thinking of becoming a preacher"

“Any body can say”dey believe in God”but it takes a TRUE Christian to practice wat we preach & set possitive examples & help guide erbody to da light,da truth,& da way.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/emanuel-kidega-samson-burnette-chapel-antioch-tennessee-church-shooter-gunman/

And therein is the problem. Lots of people ready to stereotype this man based on being from Sudan. Now, that has some merit given the past episodes similiar to this.

What also is the same from this episode to others, is the lack of facts or accurate data yet being known or released.

So before anyone leaps off the conclusion cliff, how about we give the authorities time to investigate and then make conclusions based on facts. 

I see a lot of complaining about the media reporting things wrong and most of that is due to the idiots in the world wanting to hear something long before anyone could possibly know any true hard data. Yes I heard the one reporter even mentiont hat the "Hero" had to go to the parking lot and retreive his "Registered" gun. Really?

So simmer down, have a cup of decaf, relax, and wait for a few days and see where the story goes after some fats are found.

Bottom line is always the same guys, someone bad did a bad thing. Only things that change are the names, faces, places, and times. 

Sad that as whole humankind has reached this level.

50 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

And therein is the problem. Lots of people ready to stereotype this man based on being from Sudan. Now, that has some merit given the past episodes similiar to this.

What also is the same from this episode to others, is the lack of facts or accurate data yet being known or released.

So before anyone leaps off the conclusion cliff, how about we give the authorities time to investigate and then make conclusions based on facts. 

I see a lot of complaining about the media reporting things wrong and most of that is due to the idiots in the world wanting to hear something long before anyone could possibly know any true hard data. Yes I heard the one reporter even mentiont hat the "Hero" had to go to the parking lot and retreive his "Registered" gun. Really?

So simmer down, have a cup of decaf, relax, and wait for a few days and see where the story goes after some fats are found.

Bottom line is always the same guys, someone bad did a bad thing. Only things that change are the names, faces, places, and times. 

Sad that as whole humankind has reached this level.

I agree with jumping to conclusions too fast, but in this case;  will we ever know the facts or will they just label it a "mental" case and move on?  Anyone willing to shoot up a place can me made to sound "mental" including Roof, at least to those among us partially sane folks. 

8 minutes ago, Omega said:

I agree with jumping to conclusions too fast, but in this case;  will we ever know the facts or will they just label it a "mental" case and move on?  Anyone willing to shoot up a place can me made to sound "mental" including Roof, at least to those among us partially sane folks. 

Anyone that shoots up any place is "Mental" No one in their right mind would do something like that. That is a big part of the problem overall. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Omega said:

One could easily interpret this to mean you might not think Roof is mental. 

• Like 2

The video interview of the neighbor, on heavy.com, was pretty interesting. His description of how the perp killed the lady in the parking lot was pretty telling of his rage. I'm still thinking there will be a personal issue that comes up with the shooter and someone or someones at the church and that's the cause. 

21 hours ago, Garufa said:

One could easily interpret this to mean you might not think Roof is mental. 

Or you can construe this to mean that Roof is a loon, and him having a rebel flag, shooting blacks, in a church is a one off situation, not a reason to ban flags, remove web accounts and remove statues.  But I digress, it only counts if its a white on black crime I guess.

22 hours ago, n0rlf said:

Anyone that shoots up any place is "Mental" No one in their right mind would do something like that. That is a big part of the problem overall. 

Not necessarily.  Some of these terrorists are not what I call "mental", they are smart and cunning.  They shoot up places to further their agenda, not because they have a screw loose, but because they truly believe in their cause...No matter how F'ed up it is.

21 minutes ago, Omega said:

Not necessarily.  Some of these terrorists are not what I call "mental", they are smart and cunning.  They shoot up places to further their agenda, not because they have a screw loose, but because they truly believe in their cause...No matter how F'ed up it is.

In my opinion anyone that finds shooting up a place is OK or justified due to their cause is "mental". No way killing innocent people could be considered "Normal". No justification for it in my mind makes it right.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

So?

3 hours ago, tennessee1911 said:

Police: Alleged church shooter obtained guns legally

http://www.wsmv.com/story/36465640/police-alleged-church-shooter-obtained-guns-legally

From what I heard he only had purchased the 22 Caliber they found in his vehicle. His cousin bought to 40, the 9mm and the AR 15 and gave them to him for safe keeping!!!