3 teams sit out the anthem

RED333

Delanie Walker To Upset Titans Fans: ‘Don’t Come To The Game’

Sounds reasonable to me :cool:

No fans = no money, no money = no team, no team = no Delanie. Brilliant :whistle:

That’s the message a couple of the Titans’ star players have for any outraged fans threatening to turn their back on the team…

“First off, I’m going to say this: We’re not disrespecting the military, the men and women that serve in the Army. That’s not what it’s all about,” Titans tight end Delanie Walker said…

“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/28/delanie-walker-to-upset-titans-fans-dont-come-to-the-game/

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

Delanie Walker To Upset Titans Fans: ‘Don’t Come To The Game’

Sounds reasonable to me :cool:

No fans = no money, no money = no team, no team = no Delanie. Brilliant :whistle:

That’s the message a couple of the Titans’ star players have for any outraged fans threatening to turn their back on the team…

“First off, I’m going to say this: We’re not disrespecting the military, the men and women that serve in the Army. That’s not what it’s all about,” Titans tight end Delanie Walker said…

“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/28/delanie-walker-to-upset-titans-fans-dont-come-to-the-game/

I'm guessing economics was not his college major.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow…. The NFL might be okay with these thugs disrespecting our flag and those that served, but I bet they won’t be okay with players telling fans not to come to the game. That’s a pretty bold step for Walker to be giving away the Titans money.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Hozzie said:

I asked the Titans as a season ticket holder for a statement regarding Walkers comments.  No response yet.  

I guess they are probably thinking your going to ask for a refund of your season ticket is why they won't reply...........JMHO

1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

I have seen things like his pulling his ads begin like a drip in a sink. It starts out small and if not anything done about it pretty soon it's not a drip but a stream and it continues to get bigger if unattended................JMHO

3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I have seen things like his pulling his ads begin like a drip in a sink. It starts out small and if not anything done about it pretty soon it's not a drip but a stream and it continues to get bigger if unattended................JMHO

Why is your profile pic a crawdad/lobster these days (neither of which are red while alive, btw) ?

- OS

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Why is your profile pic a crawdad/lobster these days (neither of which are red while alive, btw) ?

- OS

Did you just now notice that? It has been that way for a couple months or longer. Yes that is a crayfish and that partcular species is red and alive and are native to the state of Michigan and a few are in Wisconsin area lakes. I make fishing baits and Soft plastic crawfish is one I make. I use to have live ones in my aquariums here in the house back years ago. They are very interesting to watch how they act.

I have tried to put other pictures up in place of it but the site keeps saying the pictures are to big and I don't know how to shrink them down so they will fit.......:wall:

35 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Did you just now notice that? It has been that way for a couple months or longer. Yes that is a crayfish and that partcular species is red and alive and are native to the state of Michigan and a few are in Wisconsin area lakes. ...

Ah, thnx.

Actually, looks like you may mean the Red Swamp Crayfish (Louisiana crayfish), which is actually considered an invasive species up there, certainly not native? But not as perfectly red as that pic you found apparently.

http://www.michigan.gov/invasives/0,5664,7-324-68002_73847-367863--,00.html

More pics:

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+swamp+crayfish&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinh8bv_cjWAhXFjlQKHR0lBzoQiR4IsAE&biw=1475&bih=642

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
19 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Ah, thnx.

Actually, looks like you may mean the Red Swamp Crayfish (Louisiana crayfish), which is actually considered an invasive species up there, certainly not native? But not as perfectly red as that pic you found apparently.

More pics:

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+swamp+crayfish&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinh8bv_cjWAhXFjlQKHR0lBzoQiR4IsAE&biw=1475&bih=642

- OS

Actually the picture in my Avatar was taken from the pictures in the second link you have posted here.  Open the link and click on Michigan and about 3/4 down on the right side the picture is next to a snake and below some corn on the cob.

There is a bright side that everyone is overlooking. This is non violent so far, no riots and no chaos. Which, if you look at it, is a very good thing. And I dont like watching football or basketball, so doesnt bother me at all.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I just thought of a total upside to so many white folks getting pissed at the NFL over this. Maybe the fervor for spending tax payer dollars on new stadiums will come to an end. That'd be good for everybody. 

I believe there's a couple of bills being brought up in Congress that covers this.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, RC3 said:

There is a bright side that everyone is overlooking. This is non violent so far, no riots and no chaos. Which, if you look at it, is a very good thing. And I dont like watching football or basketball, so doesnt bother me at all.

That's counter to the ability of folks to get outraged over this. Every time black folks have tried to speak up and protest about the need for police reform they've been told to do it differently. And now that some are using their platform to engage in a quiet, peaceful, nonviolent protest, it's being twisted into a nonsensical claim it is disrespectful to troops. I mean, I wish folks would just be honest and say what they really are thinking. "Shut up monkeys and entertain me. You're supposed to be dancing, not thinking!"

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

That's counter to the ability of folks to get outraged over this. Every time black folks have tried to speak up and protest about the need for police reform they've been told to do it differently. And now that some are using their platform to engage in a quiet, peaceful, nonviolent protest, it's being twisted into a nonsensical claim it is disrespectful to troops. I mean, I wish folks would just be honest and say what they really are thinking. "Shut up monkeys and entertain me. You're supposed to be dancing, not thinking!"

It's this kind of attitude that kinda ticks me off.  Just because I don't like rioting, burning and looting stores, or anyone disrespecting our country I'm The Problem???

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Ah, thnx.

More pics:

- OS

Just thought I would let you know I replaced my Avatar this moring with a more appropriate one for this site. You were right about it not really fitting in well but it was a picture I have in my avatar of a couple fishing sites.............:cheers:

9 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I believe there's a couple of bills being brought up in Congress that covers this.

Why would Congress get involved?  All the stadium funding deals are done at the municipal and state levels, Congress couldn't regulate this if they wanted to.

9 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Antifa couldn't have said it better

• Like 2

It's not enough to boycott the NFL. Everyone should boycott every brand that advertises during NFL games. Here is the list. If you're a vet or a USAA member, as I am, you should definitely contact USAA directly and ask them to cut their affiliation with the NFL. Look at the list of products made by Proctor and Gamble and avoid buying them. Call the Anhauser Busch (Bud, Bud Light, etc) Help Line, press 1, and when asked to leave a message tell they, "I am boycotting all Anhauser Busch products as long as the company continues to sponsor NFL games. I'm also asking my friends on all forums to join me in boycotting your products.) Don't use those exact words, but you get the idea. 

http://newlypress.com/here-are-the-nfls-25-corporate-sponsors-boycott-time.html

10 minutes ago, jgradyc said:

It's not enough to boycott the NFL. Everyone should boycott every brand that advertises during NFL games. Here is the list. If you're a vet or a USAA member, as I am, you should definitely contact USAA directly and ask them to cut their affiliation with the NFL. Look at the list of products made by Proctor and Gamble and avoid buying them. Call the Anhauser Busch (Bud, Bud Light, etc) Help Line, press 1, and when asked to leave a message tell they, "I am boycotting all Anhauser Busch products as long as the company continues to sponsor NFL games. I'm also asking my friends on all forums to join me in boycotting your products.) Don't use those exact words, but you get the idea. 

http://newlypress.com/here-are-the-nfls-25-corporate-sponsors-boycott-time.html

Should I also boycott the United States Army, since they are sponsors? As a vet, I would rather not.

• Like 1
Just now, jgradyc said:

Somehow, I think the US Army will get the message without your call. 

Maybe, but I think the US Army is OK with this protest. Since that is one of the freedoms they fight for. But hey, maybe I am wrong...

• Like 1