3 teams sit out the anthem

RED333

On 9/29/2017 at 12:09 PM, Chucktshoes said:

That's counter to the ability of folks to get outraged over this. Every time black folks have tried to speak up and protest about the need for police reform they've been told to do it differently. And now that some are using their platform to engage in a quiet, peaceful, nonviolent protest, it's being twisted into a nonsensical claim it is disrespectful to troops. I mean, I wish folks would just be honest and say what they really are thinking. "Shut up monkeys and entertain me. You're supposed to be dancing, not thinking!"

I admire your stamina. For me, there comes a time when you just sit back, read, shake your head and move on. 

Nothing like a bunch of freedom lovers attempting to restrict the freedoms of others. I'm a veteran, and protest don't bother me at all, but I'm a liberal commie.

Besides it's no fun not being able to talk about 45 and the wonderful job he's doing. It's almost as if he doesn't exist. 

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, jgradyc said:

It's not enough to boycott the NFL. Everyone should boycott every brand that advertises during NFL games. Here is the list. If you're a vet or a USAA member, as I am, you should definitely contact USAA directly and ask them to cut their affiliation with the NFL. Look at the list of products made by Proctor and Gamble and avoid buying them. Call the Anhauser Busch (Bud, Bud Light, etc) Help Line, press 1, and when asked to leave a message tell they, "I am boycotting all Anheuser Busch products as long as the company continues to sponsor NFL games. I'm also asking my friends on all forums to join me in boycotting your products.) Don't use those exact words, but you get the idea. 

http://newlypress.com/here-are-the-nfls-25-corporate-sponsors-boycott-time.html

Anheuser Busch is a big sponsor of the NFL. Call 1-800-DIAL BUD (342-5283) and press 1 for their stand on the NFL and then leave a message. I told them I was boycotting Anheuser Busch products and urging my friends to boycott them as well. They sell bud, bud light, michelob, stella artois, and a few other craft brands.

Please feel free to copy and paste this to your other forums and Facebook. 

Edited by jgradyc
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jgradyc said:

Anheuser Busch is a big sponsor of the NFL. Call 1-800-DIAL BUD (342-5283) and press 1 for their stand on the NFL and then leave a message. I told them I was boycotting Anheuser Busch products and urging my friends to boycott them as well. They sell bud, bud light, michelob, stella artois, and a few other craft brands.

Please feel free to copy and paste this to your other forums and Facebook. 

Damn man, I boycotted their beer years ago, because it taste bad....

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Bob T said:

Maybe, but I think the US Army is OK with this protest. Since that is one of the freedoms they fight for. But hey, maybe I am wrong...

What the Army fights for has nothing to do with one's right to be a jackass on the clock at work.  

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Bob T said:

Maybe, but I think the US Army is OK with this protest. Since that is one of the freedoms they fight for. But hey, maybe I am wrong...

Yea, you'd be wrong.  Nobody is saying they don't have the right to protest, just that they don't like they way their doing it.  I highly doubt the Army is OK with it, and I will be surprised if they don't pull back their advertising once the paid for commercials run their course.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Bob T said:

This isn’t about freedoms.

They are free to disrespect their country, their flag, and those that served.

Their team owners have the freedom to fire their azz for doing so, or to stand by and do nothing.

Their fans have the freedom to burn the NFL products they bought, and boycott the teams and their sponsors. Or they have the freedom to think this is a great and wonderful thing they are doing and take a knee with them.

So you see freedom is in good shape; plenty to go around for everyone. 

With freedom comes responsibility. You can say whatever you like; but it may come at a cost.

• Like 6
56 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

They are free to disrespect their country, their flag, and those that served.

Their team owners have the freedom to fire their azz for doing so, or to stand by and do nothing.

Their fans have the freedom to burn the NFL products they bought, and boycott the teams and their sponsors. Or they have the freedom to think this is a great and wonderful thing they are doing and take a knee with them.

With freedom comes responsibility. You can say whatever you like; but it may come at a cost.

Amen Brother..!!! Well Said... The situation summed up perfectly..!!

Bravo..!!!

Admirin leroy...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

They are free to engage in their protest.

A contigent of the public is free to interpret it as disrespect to their country, their flag, and those that served.

Another contigent of the public is free to listen to the actual words of those engaging in the protest about what this is about and what they are actually doing and choose to support or not based on correct facts  

Adjusted for accuracy's sake, but overall a correct assessment. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Omega said:

Yea, you'd be wrong.  Nobody is saying they don't have the right to protest, just that they don't like they way their doing it.  I highly doubt the Army is OK with it, and I will be surprised if they don't pull back their advertising once the paid for commercials run their course.

Before the US Army started advertising with the NFL, the players stayed in the locker room for the anthem...

Anyway, the thing about protests, is the are supposed to be uncomfortable. Mission accomplished.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bob T said:

Before the US Army started advertising with the NFL, the players stayed in the locker room for the anthem...

Anyway, the thing about protests, is the are supposed to be uncomfortable. Mission accomplished.

If they would have stayed in the locker room, and said they are just pulling away from the politics I'd have a different opinion. But no, they want to stay in or lock arms in protest so, we are where we are.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Omega said:

Actually the original was more accurate.

An interpretation of the situation that you're more than free to have.  Just as I am free to interpret it in a very different matter.  The only objective facts are that the players are engaging in an action and have stated the reasons for engaging in said action. After that it's all subjective, including any perceived disrespect.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

An interpretation of the situation that you're more than free to have.  Just as I am free to interpret it in a very different matter.  The only objective facts are that the players are engaging in an action and have stated the reasons for engaging in said action. After that it's all subjective, including any perceived disrespect.

So why use "accuracy's sake" and not "opinion's sake"?

Just now, Chucktshoes said:

Because he stated something that was a subjective opinion as an objective fact. I adjusted it to reflect as such. 

So you are the appointed adjuster of speech of others? Appointed by whom? And if it is subjective why would you adjust anything?

Perception might have a little to do with that so your "Adjustment" is also subjective. 

"Adjusting" anyone's speech without marking it as such is a slippery slope there sir. It may have been marked and I am unable to see it on my computer and if that is the case then my apologies. If not, well, then I think you owe someone an apology and an edit to make it clear what you "Adjusted".

• Moderators
1 minute ago, n0rlf said:

So you are the appointed adjuster of speech of others? Appointed by whom? And if it is subjective why would you adjust anything?

Perception might have a little to do with that so your "Adjustment" is also subjective. 

"Adjusting" anyone's speech without marking it as such is a slippery slope there sir. It may have been marked and I am unable to see it on my computer and if that is the case then my apologies. If not, well, then I think you owe someone an apology and an edit to make it clear what you "Adjusted".

You might want to go back and re-read a few posts as it appears that you missed some things. 

21 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

You might want to go back and re-read a few posts as it appears that you missed some things. 

He has a point, you edited his post and made little attempt to mark where you edited it.  I had to go back to the original to see what you had changed.

A breath of fresh air: 

High School Football Players Kicked Off Team For Protesting During Anthem

“He told us that disrespect will not be tolerated,” said Ingram-Lewis, one of the booted players. “He told us to take off our uniform and leave it there.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/30/high-school-football-players-kicked-off-team-for-protesting-during-anthem/

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Omega said:

He has a point, you edited his post and made little attempt to mark where you edited it.  I had to go back to the original to see what you had changed.

I wasn't aware that Dave and I had such similar thought processes that it wouldn't be wholly obvious to the reader what wasn't his original writing. My bad. ;)

19 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Did I miss where you "Adjusted" his post?

Nope, and I clearly stated I did so, no apologies owed or proffered. 

Im not going to engage in any more tit for tat back and forth about the way I made my post because it is pointless except to further exemplify the manner in which folks approach the original subject at hand. Y'all are seizing upon a minor and inconsequential point of how something was presented to avoid the main issue. Just as y'all seized on my manner of post by edit, y'all are seizing on a supposed show of disrespect (while ignoring things such as Mac's post that showed the format changed from sitting out to kneeling after discussions with veteran groups) to avoid the fact that these protests are being undertaken to draw attention to the issue of needed reforms in American policing. Nope. Instead we're gonna yap about how kneeling is so disrespectful in this instance where everywhere else it is a sign of submission, respect, or honor. 

• Like 1

"Reform is needed" is an subjective opinion is it not? Some agree it is needed yet others do not. It is certainly not a "Fact".  

No problem as that is not really the topic. The topic is how and when the protests are done. 

Trying to deflect out any other way is a not so clever subterfuge of misdirection. Typical of folks when something does not go the way they wished it did not get what they want. 

All the BS aside they are free to do as they wish as long as they are willing to accept any consequences. I served so they could have that right. 

What people have to get through their apparently think should is that everyone has equal rights. Not mine are better because I am protesting for a perceived wrong done to a group of people. 

Want me to respect your rights and views? Then you have to respect mine. Pretty darn simple really. Problem is that one group has put up with another group acting like theirs is the only view for to Long. They are not going to play that silly game anymore and that it's unthinkable in previous times. Now they have to adapt and have neither the skills or maturity to do so. 

Well growing up is tough. Hope they figure it out soon so it causes then less distress. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1