3 teams sit out the anthem

RED333

8 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

A lot of people blame protest movements for their lack of "cause" or unified voice.  It's nothing new - reread King's Letter from a Birmingham Jail and you'll find ministers black and white at the time accusing him of the same.

With that in mind, it's worth reading the Philadelphia Eagles' Malcom Jenkins in the Washington Post yesterday: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-protesting-nfl-players-like-me-want-to-do-next/2017/09/30/507fc4b0-a513-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?utm_term=.5a9301eab813

Not interested,

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

Black males are also only 6% if the population, but committ ~50% of all murders.  Maybe there is good reason they are 2.5 times more likely per capita to be shot.

Hozzie makes a good point here... It has been well know for a long while that black crime far outweighs it's relative population size...

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:09 PM, Chucktshoes said:

That's counter to the ability of folks to get outraged over this. Every time black folks have tried to speak up and protest about the need for police reform they've been told to do it differently. And now that some are using their platform to engage in a quiet, peaceful, nonviolent protest, it's being twisted into a nonsensical claim it is disrespectful to troops. I mean, I wish folks would just be honest and say what they really are thinking. "Shut up monkeys and entertain me. You're supposed to be dancing, not thinking!"

Deja Poo:

The feeling that you've heard this crap before.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Oh, thanks for letting me know that. I wasn't aware that you had mind reading powers and were intimately familiar with the thoughts of multiple dozen NFL players and the millions of other folks who support them. Including me. I really appreciate you telling me how I feel about all of this. ;)

It seems that the folks protesting doth protest too much. I smell bovine excrement. When they are willing to sit down and discuss the specific cases calmly without playing the race card then we can have a dialog. 

As for telling you how you feel about all of this, well again I smell that same substance. You do not seen like a person that needs someone to tell you how you feel about all of this. 

So nice distraction try again though. That technique is older than any of the folks on this board. Don't discuss the issues and blame someone for something else instead of discussing the real issue. Seems like exactly what most people are saying about the kneelers. Now you would never use their same protest technique would you? You who put on aires of superiority. At least in my opinion that is how most of your posts seem. Arrogant and dismissive of anyone else's opinions. Kind of what most of is have been mentioning all along. Demanding people see your view while dismissing theirs. Using the distraction and misdirection on each discussion of issues. Again, that is always just my opinion so ymmv 

• Admin Team

You know, I'm going to close this thread.

I often say we can talk about big issues - but I'm not sure that's true. At least on some issues.

There are a lot of voices in this thread that while I disagree with them on this particular issue, I also really respect them. We've shared meals together. We've helped people in this community together. Or maybe we've simply shot together or conversed about a range of topics over the years. We might see this issue or any of a variety of issues differently, but we can still share a meal together and respect one another.

But, we've had an influx of voices of late that don't bring anything of value to this community. It's a minority, but they're drowning out a lot of other voices by shouting down people with differing opinions. Maybe it's the constant berating that guests seem to get on "news" shows these days.  Maybe it's the anonymity of social media. Maybe it's none of the above causing this.

But it's detrimental to this community.

I've sat on my hands for the last several months tolerating a few voices - not wanting to make it look like I was overstepping my authority by booting someone with whom I disagreed on a topic - political or otherwise. 

That was a mistake.

Maybe we'll open this back up at some point. I doubt the issue is going to go away anytime soon. Regardless, I'm not sure it's worth it to discuss it here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2