Recommend a zero turn mower.

Mine just went the way of the dodo. I'm looking for a 60" cut and don't want to spend $10k. Think entry level commercial. I won't be cutting anything but my own yard but it's roughly 4-5 acres. I'm hoping for a $6000-$8000 range. I have been told to look at Toro. I haven't done much research yet so please tell me what you have and why you like it or hate it. Thanks!

I went to buy a Kubota, but came home with a Bad Boy. I've put 50 hours on it and love it so far.

Everything was easy to get to for maintenance. I like the rubber bushing suspension on it, and the rear tires looked to be a more aggressive tread. It really sets on a hillside well.

The only thing I haven't liked about it so far is it needs an extension for the oil drain plug so it doesn't drain all over the mower.

• Like 1

I haven't heard a bad thing about a toro and believe they are in bed with exmark (of which I am a fan).

search for lightly used and you might find a 10k mower for 4-5k. Of course I don't mean through a dealer but the interwebs, if you're patient and willing to drive, deals are to be had. Good luck!

• Like 1
I haven't heard a bad thing about a toro and believe they are in bed with exmark (of which I am a fan).
search for lightly used and you might find a 10k mower for 4-5k. Of course I don't mean through a dealer but the interwebs, if you're patient and willing to drive, deals are to be had. Good luck!

Only issue I have with used is that I want the warranty and I’m starting to lump mowers in with ATVs and street bikes in my “ don’t buy used) category. I’m shy of buying someone else’s problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Are you in a rush to buy something?  I will be selling mine if it doesn't go with the house when it sells.  60" bad boy.  Still has 2.5 years left on the warranty - think it's transferrable.  Am going to list the house in January, so if the buyers don't want to buy it, I'll be getting rid of it at a reasonable price.  

Are you in a rush to buy something?  I will be selling mine if it doesn't go with the house when it sells.  60" bad boy.  Still has 2.5 years left on the warranty - think it's transferrable.  Am going to list the house in January, so if the buyers don't want to buy it, I'll be getting rid of it at a reasonable price.  

Yeah mine is dead so I need one pronto. Probably buying Saturday.

• Like 1

I think I have settled in on a Toro Titan HD 2000. Has the Kohler engine and seems to be well regarded. Going to look at one Saturday and hopefully get a good deal on one. Never thought I’d pay this much for a mower but I guess that’s the cost of owning land. Buy once cry once though.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, maroonandwhite said:

..... Never thought I’d pay this much for a mower but I guess that’s the cost of owning land. Buy once cry once though.

I bought mine in 2005, without consulting my wife.  She wasn't real happy, until she mowed with it a few times.  After that, she was like..."we should have bought this a long time ago".  You won't regret it.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, maroonandwhite said:

I think I have settled in on a Toro Titan HD 2000. Has the Kohler engine and seems to be well regarded. Going to look at one Saturday and hopefully get a good deal on one. Never thought I’d pay this much for a mower but I guess that’s the cost of owning land. Buy once cry once though.

If you have a lot to mow, you will not regret spending some money on a quality mower. My mower is worth more than my pickup truck. I also get more use out of it.

• Like 1
If you have a Ferris dealer around I would compare one as well. Especially if you have a rough lawn.

We actually sold Ferris at a previous job. They are very nice but I’m not sure I want to pay the premium for the suspension in place of what I’ll get with the Toro for the money. I also don’t have a dealer near enough that I’d like to use.

Hustler FastTrak SD here, Kawasaki engine, 4th season. Was about 7k, with 0% int, I'm sure it's gone up. I have a 54", too many trees for a 60" cut. I'm mowing about 5 acres total at multiple locations.

Blades, grass deflector, fuel filter, a couple of deck wheels - just routine maintenance stuff.

Very happy with it.

On 9/25/2017 at 2:12 PM, gregintenn said:

I went to buy a Kubota, but came home with a Bad Boy. I've put 50 hours on it and love it so far.

Everything was easy to get to for maintenance. I like the rubber bushing suspension on it, and the rear tires looked to be a more aggressive tread. It really sets on a hillside well.

The only thing I haven't liked about it so far is it needs an extension for the oil drain plug so it doesn't drain all over the mower.

Bad Boy has one available or you can get a 12" 3/8 (or half can't remember)  hydraulic hose that will do the job. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
I will never understand this: Let's design the oil drain so that it's going to drain ALL OVER the mower [emoji848]

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

• Like 1