Nice little flashlight on sale

22 minutes ago, john455 said:

https://blackmountainproducts.com/product/nw-survival-led-tactical-flashlight-adjustable-light-modes/

I got one of these after seeing them featured on channel 10 news Good deals segment, and I have to say I am impressed!! super bright and built very tough, can't beat it for $12.99

I have one very similar to the one shown in the link. In fact I have 5 of them in places throughout my house. I found them on sale at of all places Tractor Supply. I bouht one and brought it home and that night about 10 oclock I went out side to see about how bright it was. I was so impressed I went back the next day and purchased 4 more. I went out in my back yard that night and did some testing and I could see rabbits in neighbors back yard about 70 yards away as clear as if they were in my back yard. The lights have three different light settings and you can adjust it as a wide able view all the way down to a keen almost laser type light beam. I would recommend every one should have a light like these..............JMHO

Since we're talking flashlights (and since this forum has been so nice in answering questions about all sorts of things for me) here is my favorite flashlight... the BLF A6. It's built to specs set by the Budget Light Forum and on turbo mode is about as bright as a single car headlight on low beam. It's bright enough to tell dog or deer at 120 yards. I prefer the cool white LED (the 1A), but I have all three colors. I posted on BLF forum back in March if anyone could suggest a better flashlight for the money and the responses were that this is the best light you can buy for the price. 

If you're patient and wait, you can sometimes buy this light for $19.95, but I paid somewhere in the twenties for mine.  It has a 7/4 mode computer. On the 7 modes, it's firefly, low and then increasing up to 100% and finally turbo. It uses 18650 rechargeable batteries. You'll have to spend $80 or more to get an equivalent LED flashlight. A good 18650 battery will cost about $10 plus another $10-$20 for a charger. I cannibalized an old laptop battery pack to get six 18650 batteries. 

https://www.banggood.com/BLF-A6-XPL-1600LM-7-4modes-EDC-LED-Flashlight-p-991823.html?rmmds=search

Edit: Discount of 30% with the code 2017FNL, according to the Banggood ad. That would put this light in the $20 range.

Edit again: I just bought the non-anodized model (silver) for $18.86. Shipping takes about two weeks. 

Edited by jgradyc