Long and Short Of It

Fourtyfive

I'd like to hear more about these, been thinking about getting one to play with.I compared the length of a Shockwave and a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip and a 18.5" barrel, about 1" difference in the two.The SW just looked better with the 14" barrel and the birds head grip.I've watched and read a lot of reviews,but I'd like to hear from people hear that has one or has shot one. Is the birds head grip more comfortable to shoot?

4 hours ago, jeff43 said:

I'd like to hear more about these, been thinking about getting one to play with.I compared the length of a Shockwave and a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip and a 18.5" barrel, about 1" difference in the two.The SW just looked better with the 14" barrel and the birds head grip.I've watched and read a lot of reviews,but I'd like to hear from people hear that has one or has shot one. Is the birds head grip more comfortable to shoot?

The Raptor grip does also offer what many feel is an ergonomic advantage over standard pistol grip only configuration.

Mainly, that it keeps your wrist in a straight locked position in relation to the rest of your forearm, rather than in an upright position with conventional pistol grip where recoil makes wrist flex backward independent of the forearm. Meaning that recoil is distributed more against entire forearm with elbow being the "hinge point" rather than being concentrated primarily on the wrist as the hinge point.

Have the Mossberg Shockwave, but can't report firsthand for another couple months or so, but will when I can. Can tell you from shooting just a few rounds from a conventional pistol grip in the past, that it was a decisive thanks but no thanks for me.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

Thanks, can’t wait to pump off a few rounds. I guess I need to do some research on Imgur to show pics instead of links. Any help appreciated.....

All I did was right click on the pic on imgur site, "copy image location" and paste that into "insert image from url" dialog here. Maybe there's a more direct link there you can drag or paste without the extra step, dunno.

- OS

13 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

https://imgur.com/a/GOcvv

I don’t understand Imgur....how can you post pics without a link ?

After you upload an image go to all pictures and then click on the one you want to use.  A window should open that looks like the one below and then just click copy direct link.  Then click on insert other media in the lower right of window you are posting in and two options come up.  Click on insert image from URL, paste in the space provided and the click save into post. I hope this helps.

p5nCp3P.jpg

Just discovered after all this time that you can paste the Direct Link for an image into post without using the "insert other media" dialogue at all, works fine.

You get message   "Your link has been automatically embedded." With "Display as a link instead" option.

- OS

7 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Just discovered after all this time that you can paste the Direct Link for an image into post without using the "insert other media" dialogue at all, works fine.

You get message   "Your link has been automatically embedded." With "Display as a link instead" option.

- OS

GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path

Well I'll be damned, you are correct like usual.  That saves a step. :up:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I think they might have lied to you or came up with one very quickly :whistle:

At the 2017 NASGW Show, (Oct. 17-20)  Mossberg announced the launch of its 20-gauge 590 Shockwave, providing aficionados of this unique firearm with multiple caliber choices.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2017/10/20/first-look-20-gauge-mossberg-shockwave/

Yeah , I think they lied too. Bad for business.

• 2 weeks later...