Las Vegas Shooting

FUJIMO

Just now, Steelharp said:

Wow. Sounds like a true death wish

It's truly the worst case scenario that we have all been afraid of happening.

I'm not going to jump on board and start guessing the intentions of this one - it's just ####ing terrible all the way around.

In the 2nd video from Dolo, the one with the profanity warning, the rate of fire sounds like it fluctuates. I don't mean between bursts when he could be changing weapons, but during the bursts. It's very noticeable in the burst that starts at the :20 mark. What would cause that? Are some full autos variable fire rate?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

In the 2nd video from Dolo, the one with the profanity warning, the rate of fire sounds like it fluctuates. I don't mean between bursts when he could be changing weapons, but during the bursts. It's very noticeable in the burst that starts at the :20 mark. What would cause that? Are some full autos variable fire rate?

Heat? Different loads (different grain bullet, powder charges) of ammo? Or possibly indicative of a bump fire stock?

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

I've never fired an automatic weapon that didn't fluctuate in fire rate.  It could be anything from different tension on the belt, to the magazine not feeding fast enough, to the gas port being clogged up, to varying powder levels in the ammo... Automatics in general are very finicky.  Hell, I've had a 240 go from 700 RPM all the way down to around 300-400 because the backplate was loose (which shouldn't affect it at all).

• Like 1

Thanks, guys. I have zero experience with FA besides movies and the occasional YouTube video.

On a different note, I wonder if there will be any connection between the shooter and a group like this one. It was actually my first thought this morning after I heard it was a country music concert: https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/09/redneck-revolt-leftist-militia-to-counter-white-supremacists/

Edited by monkeylizard
32 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Thanks, guys. I have zero experience with FA besides movies and the occasional YouTube video.

On a different note, I wonder if there will be any connection between the shooter and a group like this one. It was actually my first thought this morning after I heard it was a country music concert: https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/09/redneck-revolt-leftist-militia-to-counter-white-supremacists/

If that turns out to be the case, we are in for some interesting times.

Very sad, indeed... We are living in very troubled times...

Our prayers are with those effected... The howl from this one will be long and loud... There are some pretty strange things and thoughts out there in southern Nevada...

leroy...

• Like 3
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

It doesn't take a genius to see that this was well planned. This one is really depressing me this morning. I hope that dude didn't have any legal acquisitions of the FA weapons.

Unfortunately for us, it seems there are so many different ways to use this as ammo against the 2nd.

• Legal MG? Proof they should be illegal.
  • Illegal machine gun? Proof "nobody" should be able to buy that much ammo, a small box or two is all you need.
  • Legally obtained w/ background check? Proof buying guns is too easy and should be banned outright.
  • Purchased without background check? Proof we need to mandate background checks!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Unfortunately for us, it seems there are so many different ways to use this as ammo against the 2nd.

• Legal MG? Proof they should be illegal.
  • Illegal machine gun? Proof "nobody" should be able to buy that much ammo, a small box or two is all you need.
  • Legally obtained w/ background check? Proof buying guns is too easy and should be banned outright.
  • Purchased without background check? Proof we need to mandate background checks!

Bump-fire stock? Foget about it...

7 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

On Tapatalk, it assigned this image to the thread. Typically, the image that Tapalk assigns to a thread is found within the thread. My question, where did it get this image?

77de2fcd48569d3a5393a4176e2246fc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted it but hid it until we can confirm that IS the shooter.

• Moderators
Just now, Dolomite_supafly said:

I posted it but hid it until we can confirm that IS the shooter.

I see. What your source proclaiming that that was him during the shooting or an image pulled from some random social media account he had from time passed?

Prayers for the victims of this carnage.

This is similar to the false-flag attack in Matt Bracken's "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" albeit with multiple weapons, apparently full-auto. We probably will never know the shooter's motive, let alone ID the facilitators of this horrific attack.

Either way, the anti's will use this to full advantage. Expect a renewed assault on your rights. Never lay down your arms, or let down your guard.