Las Vegas Shooting

FUJIMO

3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Anything is when you have tightly packed targets and a metric ####ton of ammunition. 

I'm going to call this as having no real political or ideological basis. I think it's going to turn out to be a late-middle-aged white who went off the deep end after his mail order wife left him. 

It’s a better guess than all the other crap that’s been said. 

1.Leftist

2. Obama

3. German news

I’m just going to generalize and say white domestic terrorist.

https://www.westernjournalism.com/witness-las-vegas-hotel-smell-gunsmoke-massacre/

The guy interviewed in the first part of this link is a business acquaintance of mine. Just saw him myself in Vegas at the Mandalay about a month ago. Article says he was about 4 doors down from the shooter.

I guess he'll have an interesting story the next time I see him.

Edited by analog_kidd
Typo
13 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

Mike, is that how far away he was? Is 5.56 that deadly at that distance?

It's rough. He was in that part of the hotel. The other end of the line is in the middle of the venue.  5.56 is still going to make holes. Lots better choices. Number of deaths is up to 58, and injured 515

• Moderators

Interesting report:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4592774/cops-hunting-asian-woman-over-las-vegas-shooting-that-left-20-dead/

Consider the source, but supposedly a woman was removed from the concert beforehand because she was screaming "They're all around... You're all going to f***ing die today". The article strongly suggests that it was his traveling companion/whatever, Marilou Danley, but I read elsewhere that she was found out of the country and completely involved with the tragedy. Anyone else pick up anything about this supposed woman?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CZ9MM said:

Interesting report:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4592774/cops-hunting-asian-woman-over-las-vegas-shooting-that-left-20-dead/

Consider the source, but supposedly a woman was removed from the concert beforehand because she was screaming "They're all around... You're all going to f***ing die today". The article strongly suggests that it was his traveling companion/whatever, Marilou Danley, but I read elsewhere that she was found out of the country and completely involved with the tragedy. Anyone else pick up anything about this supposed woman?

It is my understanding that the wife, who was the person of interest, is out of the country. As I posited earlier, I think her departure precipitated this event. As far as the story about this woman saying crazy ####, I think it is either an unfortunate coincidence of a drunken rant or more likely, after the fact made up bull####. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Just now, JohnC said:

This just sucks. :(

T-minus until the political-elite use this as another event to push anti-2A laws. 

I feel bump-fire, full auto, and binary triggers will be targeted first along with high capacity mags and bulk ammo. 

Gonna call the HPA dead as well. Hillary already tweeted about how a suppressor would have made it harder for the victims to run away from the sound of gunshots. 

2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Gonna call the HPA dead as well. Hillary already tweeted about how a suppressor would have made it harder for the victims to run away from the sound of gunshots. 

Glad the old feller took time away from the book tour to weigh in and help with the fight :mad:

5 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Her Twitter feed has some pretty interesting comments. Her days off having any relevance are over as is true for most liberals. People have had enough of that. Hopefully folks wait until facts are known before starting the cry for more controls on is law abiding people. Oops, too late, they already are. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steelharp said:

I'm thinking possible echo from area.

My first hearing of some of the videos left me pondering if multiple weapons firing. Sure sounded to me as if 2 different sounds, but not at the same time. So maybe Steelharp is onto it...echoing changed the pitch of the sounds?

11 minutes ago, hipower said:

My first hearing of some of the videos left me pondering if multiple weapons firing. Sure sounded to me as if 2 different sounds, but not at the same time. So maybe Steelharp is onto it...echoing changed the pitch of the sounds?

Multiple sources have stated as of late that he had a 2 room suite with rifles set up in each room. Outside pics of the shooters nest does look as though there are 2 windows missing

1 hour ago, analog_kidd said:

https://www.westernjournalism.com/witness-las-vegas-hotel-smell-gunsmoke-massacre/

The guy interviewed in the first part of this link is a business acquaintance of mine. Just saw him myself in Vegas at the Mandalay about a month ago. Article says he was about 4 doors down from the shooter.

I guess he'll have an interesting story the next time I see him.

Dang.

4 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

Thanks, guys. I have zero experience with FA besides movies and the occasional YouTube video.

On a different note, I wonder if there will be any connection between the shooter and a group like this one. It was actually my first thought this morning after I heard it was a country music concert: https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/09/redneck-revolt-leftist-militia-to-counter-white-supremacists/

I'm guessing there will be a bunch of different crazy groups wanting to lay claim to this before it is all over. ISIS is even claiming it was them because they would love to get claim for it but I don't think he was a convert to Islam............JMHO

• Moderators

I've been spending a bit of time thinking about the why. Unless it turns out he left some sort of manifesto/etc, I think it will just be chalked up to he wanted to do an evil thing.

I looked into Jason Aldean. It seems he wasn't really all that politically outspoken, and seemingly wasn't strongly anti or pro Trump. So to me, it seems a stretch to try and connect to to something such as that unless a whole lot more comes out.

Pertaining to claims he converted to Islam, I feel like that would leave traces of some sort.

As to Antifa and ISIS claiming responsibility even if they weren't, I can understand ISIS going for it because they have little to lose. Would encourage their supporters and even if it turns out that he wasn't Islamic, by then their followers have already moved on to the next thing and care little about fact checking propaganda that encourages them. Antifa, I don't know what their end goal or game plan is but associating themselves with this seems like a really good way to make a lot of enemies very, very fast.

• Like 1

I just heard a few minutes ago that he was using AR15's  that had been modified to full auto and had 10 of them in the room. How true that is still up in the air. What do folks here say about him shooting an AR15 and being able to kill and wound that many people at 400+ yards?

Edited by bersaguy
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

And my crazy ####ing family has already started with the conspiracy bull####.

Capture.png

Oh yeah, I saw somewhere the first callings of a false flag earlier this morning. I'm somewhat curious to see how Alex Jones approaches the issue since he proclaimed Obama was behind all the other false flag shootings but now he is pretty inline with Trump.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that false flags could and probably even do exist to certain degree, but 500-600 "victims" in a crowd of I believe 10,000+, not to mention all the EMS, hospitals, etc that would also be in on it. If one tries to search and find false flags, this seems like the dumbest shooting in recent history to try and believe is one of them. This is of course in response to the "it never really happened" crowd. If someone wants to try and argue that the shooter himself was the false flag and was either a patsy or still alive, then that's entirely different.

Oh yeah, I saw somewhere the first callings of a false flag earlier this morning. I'm somewhat curious to see how Alex Jones approaches the issue since he proclaimed Obama was behind all the other false flag shootings but now he is pretty inline with Trump.
I'm not oblivious to the fact that false flags could and probably even do exist to certain degree, but 500-600 "victims" in a crowd of I believe 10,000+, not to mention all the EMS, hospitals, etc that would also be in on it. If one tries to search and find false flags, this seems like the dumbest shooting in recent history to try and believe is one of them. This is of course in response to the "it never really happened" crowd. If someone wants to try and argue that the shooter himself was the false flag and was either a patsy or still alive, then that's entirely different.
He's a changed man since Trump won and his wife divorced him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk