Las Vegas Shooting

FUJIMO

"Bracken Sends" on Western Rifle Shooters Association:
"The mag dump has happened. Damn"
More at link - has video on Alex Jones interview today (I know, but Bracken seems credible) and more interesting, video of alleged shooter at recent Anti-Trump rally.
Definite left-wing association, and lots of other questions.
That was on Saturday. That was the interview I believe I referred to earlier.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can't believe that they have been investigating the motel room since about 2AM and still can't give an accurate count on how many guns are in the room or exactly what types of guns he used. That or they are not ready to let that information out yet?????? I have heard it was AR15's but that has not been confirmed in a Police News Conference yet.

One of the victims was from Paris, Tn. He as a nurse , working in Jackson. His wife is a orthopedic surgeon. I know her father, good people, wrong place, wrong time, never know when bad things will happen, pray for their families.

27 minutes ago, luke9511 said:

I have been thinking the same thing and if it were to happen it will be started by either the antifa or some other radical left group imo

The problem with conservatives is, well, they're conservative. The left is by nature, radical. The right thinks it'll never happen to them, (see Bob T's post above as an example), until they're dead/dying. 

EDIT: Not like I'm going to go out and start shooting Libs, but wake-up already!

Edited by SWJewellTN
7 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I can't believe that they have been investigating the motel room since about 2AM and still can't give an accurate count on how many guns are in the room or exactly what types of guns he used. That or they are not ready to let that information out yet?????? I have heard it was AR15's but that has not been confirmed in a Police News Conference yet.

Because they don't want to. They know.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I just listened to a 2-minute cell phone video. The first nonstop burst was about 100 rounds. There was a pause of about 30 seconds and then the next burst sounded different, but it was the same rate of fire. It lasted about 40 rounds. The second burst sounded like an AR15, but the first long burst was deeper... more of a pom pom pom sound. After that, there was another pause, but the video stopped at two minutes before any more rounds were fired. 

Maybe the first gun had a longer barrel?

They said he was firing from 2 different windows from 2 different angles so that could account for the change in sound of the rifle.............JMHO

Saw earlier the room contained both .223 and .308 rifles, i'll try to dig up the source.

"The suspicion, based on initial reports, is that at least one of the rifles used was altered to function as an automatic weapon, the official said. Among the weapons found were a .223 caliber and a .308 caliber."

Source-http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-attack-stephen-paddock-trnd/index.html

Edited by 2.ooohhh

What I can't get over is just how atypical of any of the other mass shooters I've ever read about, just how "ordinary" this guy was.

64 years old well retired Anglo accountant, upper middle class at the lowest, so far no history of any kind of political/religious extremism or even activism at all,  no documented mental probs, violence, no military/militia stuff, etc.  Bought guns over lots of years, like many of us. Plans out the attack well in advance in a quite logical way. Not isolated from remaining family, brother seems genuinely astounded by it. The only remotely odd thing in his life seems to be fact that his father was a bank robber, but he apparently had no contact with him at all after he was 5 years old or so.

Just eerie.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Bob T said:

I sincerely hope your ARE the only who thinks that...

Hang around a while. Someone is always predicting a civil or racial war. It just comes with the territory. Not a lot of optimist chiming in. 

Lack of diversity in your life and huge doses of Fox News will always have you believing the sky is falling.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1
4 minutes ago, LINKS2K said:

Hang around a while. Someone is always predicting a civil or racial war. It just comes with the territory. Not a lot of optimist chiming in. 

Lack of diversity in your life and huge doses of Fox News will always have you believing the sky is falling.

I have been watching Fox News for 10+ years and I don't think the sky is falling at all. I am also not a snowflake created from listening to any of the mainstream medias propaganda either.

• Like 3

Some information is getting out. 18-19 guns in the room and two rifles mounted in tripods. I'm really surprised at the amount of planning that went into this. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooting.html

This article says that there was a bumpfire stock on one of the rifles. http://abcnews.go.com/US/19-weapons-found-las-vegas-shooters-room-sources/story?id=50228093

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Moderators

I have been watching Fox News for 10+ years and I don't think the sky is falling at all. I am also not a snowflake created from listening to any of the mainstream medias propaganda either.

LINKS2K is very right, maybe more so that he knows.

I was born in ‘90, so my firsthand knowledge only goes so far back. Guess what?

The government was supposed to declare martial law under G.W., Obama, and also already under Trump.

Depends on who you listen to under which term. I remember the left claiming it about Bush. I remember the right doing so under Obama.

If Obama won that was supposed to start a race war. If he lost, it was also supposed to start one.

I won’t deny that things are tense in certain aspects. Many people I work with suggest the country has never been more divided. I always like to respond by asking them if we were more or less divided during the Civil War.

The point is, and my only point of this post, is that fear does sell. Whether it is Jones selling his flavor of Koolaid, Fox News or CNN theirs, its all still Koolaid and really bad for you when drunken too richly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6
21 minutes ago, LINKS2K said:

Well lets see. One next door neighbor is black. The other is Egyptian.  And, the only ones threatening violence is a group of white liberals (Antifa). I think the air may be getting a little thin up on that high horse.

• Like 8

WARNING ***Speculation Alert*** Unbridled Speculation to follow.

Ok, so this guy used to live in Miami, moved out west to "escape humidity" last year.  He has a broken and spotted employment history which includes a few years (4 to 5) as an accountant for Martin Marietta, a Government contractor.  He is a licensed pilot who actually owns an airplane that is registered to him and associated with yet another plane.  Has what some feel is a large collection of evil, wicked, mean and nasty firearms and several thousand rounds of ammo.  (Which from the numbers quoted in the press it sounds more like a starter set).  Is purported to be a multi-millionaire who did well in "Real Estate", who gambles frequently and is a frequent visitor of Vegas.  Ammonium nitrate was found in his auto and Tannerite was located either in his house or auto.  Oh yeah, he has a girlfriend with ties to Puerto Rico or somewhere.  (Exact foreign interests yet determined, though reportedly in Tokyo at present)  In that I remember well the Medellin Cartel investigation during the mid 80's to early 90's... I'm thinking drug running.

Ok, there I got that out.  I still don't know what his "Cause" was though.  :shrug:

Edited by tacops
grammer