Las Vegas Shooting

FUJIMO

49 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Well lets see. One next door neighbor is black. The other is Egyptian.  And, the only ones threatening violence is a group of white liberals (Antifa). I think the air may be getting a little thin up on that high horse.

Are you using the “I have a black friend” cop out?  I can’t stop laughing. If it doesn’t apply to you, no need to explain that you’re  a member of the United Nations. 

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Haha 2
This article says that they found 34 guns between his hotel room and home.  Two had evidently been modified to fire full auto.  Interesting article if only part of it is verified.
   https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting/722191001/
The thing I'm wanting to know is the exact definition of modified. Bumpfire, binary trigger, crank, drop in auto sear? This is the one thing that stands out to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

The thing I'm wanting to know is the exact definition of modified. Bumpfire, binary trigger, crank, drop in auto sear? This is the one thing that stands out to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You are not going to get that information until the locals and Feds complete their investigations, the reports are submitted and made public.  And then only if you read the actual reports will you know.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

I’m going to hit the pause button on this thread for a little while.  

Speculation isn’t helpful. Conjecture does nothing for the reputation of this community at large. We talk about how the media constantly gets things wrong but then go off the rails ourselves.

I recognize this is a place for discussion, but we need to elevate the dialog a bit. I know this solution is not perfect, but that’s why I’m pausing this a bit   

Today we mourn the dead and wounded.  We pray for the victims and their families.  

I’ll open it back up at some point as more reliable information becomes available.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Administrator

Guys, Mac and I spoke earlier and we agreed to unlock this thread.  We all need a place to voice our thoughts, concerns, and angst as we process this event and work through it as a nation.

My only request is that we try to steer clear of the conspiracy theories and keep "Occam's Razor" in mind.  If you're not familiar, Occam's Razor is the idea that when presented with an array of possible solutions or answers, the most simple one is statistically going to be the correct one.

If we can please allow the conspiracy theorist websites to corner the market on far-fetched ideas, and stick to discussing more plausible things, and not turn against each other due to stated or perceived political beliefs, then this thread can continue.  It's not us against each other here.

• Like 9
  • Moderators

22090008_10155164379018212_7662029476219

Images from inside the hotel room are starting to leak out. Looks like he had a stack of surefire 100s over by the pillar. I refrained from posting the more graphic ones. It also appears the bumpfire stocks were the method of choice for increasing the rate of fire. 

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Images from inside the hotel room are starting to leak out. Looks like he had a stack of surefire 100s over by the pillar. I refrained from posting the more graphic ones. It also appears the bumpfire stocks were the method of choice for increasing the rate of fire. 

That was one evil son of a bitch. I hope it took him a few minutes to die.

• Like 2

For a guy that was so far under the radar with 1 speeding ticket in last couple years just up and decides one day to plan on becoming a mass murderer and begins putting an evidently perfect plan together which was not done over night but took time. During the time of his planning not one person in his life had any alertness to anything going on in his life other than every day life?

Another thing that bothers me is the police have said that he did have maid service come in and out of the room the 4 days he was there yet the maid did not see anything out of line or report anything. How many people can believe that or how can a maid not see anything out of the ordinary?....................................:confused:

9 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

For a guy that was so far under the radar with 1 speeding ticket in last couple years just up and decides one day to plan on becoming a mass murderer and begins putting an evidently perfect plan together which was not done over night but took time. During the time of his planning not one person in his life had any alertness to anything going on in his life other than every day life?

Another thing that bothers me is the police have said that he did have maid service come in and out of the room the 4 days he was there yet the maid did not see anything out of line or report anything. How many people can believe that or how can a maid not see anything out of the ordinary?....................................:confused:

easy. garment bags. And a baggage cart. 

Edited by R_Bert
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yikes. All thoses ARs laying around. The media will have a hay day with this. Seems odd for pics like this get leaked.

• Wow 1
22 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Easy, because it is Vegas. I am sure the maid has seen a lot worse than some guy with a lot of bags.

Still sticking with my guess that he was a radicalized liberal. At least it would be like most of the previous mass shooters if he was. Telling you, it is a disease.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

Yikes. All thoses ARs laying around. The media will have a hay day with this. Seems odd for pics like this get leaked.

Leaked -- well, no.  Releasing these photos was a carefully thought out decision.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Still sticking with my guess that he was a radicalized liberal. At least it would be like most of the previous mass shooters if he was. Telling you, it is a disease.

I'm starting to lean that way too, and believe that is the reason the 'left' is coming out even harder than they did after Sandy Hook - in an attempt to control the topic narrative.  Don't want the discussion to be about a liberal doing this, the headlines need to be guns guns guns, clips clips clips, background checks background checks background checks.

• Like 1

I've had a hard time putting into words how I feel about this one. It's not that the previous shootings were any less horrific but this one is just a new level of disturbing for me. 

The planning that went into this one is unlike anything we've seen in the past. It's also the first time since the 60's that we've seen someone fire from an elevated position. Those poor people simply had nowhere to hide. Most probably couldn't even tell where the bastard was shooting from.

As Oh Shoot said, I'm having a hard time understanding what would cause a retired guy in his 60's to do something like this.  By all indications, he has lived a normal life up until this point. It's terrifying to know that there are others out there like this guy that will ultimately do something just as horrific, if not worse, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. It's a sad day when every mass gathering becomes a potential target for people like this. I fear it will only get worse.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

How many people can believe that or how can a maid not see anything out of the ordinary?

As others have said, it's Vegas.  A lot of luggage, or hard plastic cases on wheels for only one person aren't out of the ordinary.  Think of how many large scale trade shows & conventions come through town a year, and how much stuff an individual working the show for their company has to lug around for it.  Very easy to hide a cache like this guy had in plain sight in that town.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

I am amazed that nothing has been found on this guy yet. I looked through the pictures and the fact the guy offed himself just pisses me off even more. I know that not everyone believes in Hell but I sure hope he finds a really special place to pay for his actions. 

I'm sure a ton has already been figured out, but this was the worst mass shooting in our history.  Any information we see will be released after a series of calculated decisions.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 3