Las Vegas Shooting

FUJIMO

1 hour ago, btq96r said:

As others have said, it's Vegas.  A lot of luggage, or hard plastic cases on wheels for only one person aren't out of the ordinary.  Think of how many large scale trade shows & conventions come through town a year, and how much stuff an individual working the show for their company has to lug around for it.  Very easy to hide a cache like this guy had in plain sight in that town.

Vegas is fixing to change. Mandalay Bay is gonna get sued by a LOT of people. When it's over, you won't be able to sneak an AR-15 onto any elevator in Vegas. Gonna be huge money.

54 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Vegas is fixing to change. Mandalay Bay is gonna get sued by a LOT of people. When it's over, you won't be able to sneak an AR-15 onto any elevator in Vegas. Gonna be huge money.

Well, I'll be there for a visit in about a month and a half...I'll let you know if I see anything different from my prior trips.

12 hours ago, tennessee1911 said:

Police took 72 minutes from first emergency call to reach Las Vegas shooter

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/03/police-took-72-minutes-from-first-emergency-call-to-reach-las-vegas-shooter.html#

That’s distorted. Hotel Security was at the room and a security Officer was shot less than 18 minutes after the shooting was reported.  Officers were approaching then. The shooting had stopped and he was probably dead then. Yes, after the shooting stopped they took a long time to breech the room and call the scene secure.

Over 20 minutes of shooting is a long time though. I think the arrival of Hotel Security caused him to kill himself. That Security Officer that approached the door and got shot probably saved a lot of lives.

• Moderators

Ok, hopefully someone can clear something up for me. In an earlier linked article, police reportedly took 72 minutes from the first emergency call to reach the shooter's location. In the same article, it states that Paddock shot through the door when the first responders arrived.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/03/police-took-72-minutes-from-first-emergency-call-to-reach-las-vegas-shooter.html#

According to this and I believe other sources (accuracy may be off), but shooting started at 10:08 PM. It supposedly stopped at 10:18. That's 10 minutes.

So, what I'm trying to figure out, is why did the shooting only last for about 10 minutes and how did he only fire 200 rounds (if true)?

Now, admittedly the times may not be authoritative but I'm just trying to compare the actual time he had actively firing out the windows to the actual time he had.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

That’s distorted. Hotel Security was at the room and a security Officer was shot less than 18 minutes after the shooting was reported.  Officers were approaching then. The shooting had stopped and he was probably dead then. Yes, after the shooting stopped they took a long time to breech the room and call the scene secure.

Over 20 minutes of shooting is a long time though. I think the arrival of Hotel Security caused him to kill himself. That Security Officer that approached the door and got shot probably saved a lot of lives.

You may have just clarified my above question.

6 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Or, maybe nobody will sue

Unlikely.  In todays society, there has to be someone made to pay.  I suspect the hotel, the concert promoters and even maybe some of the civilian rescuers are in danger of being sued.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Omega said:

Unlikely.  In todays society, there has to be someone made to pay.  I suspect the hotel, the concert promoters and even maybe some of the civilian rescuers are in danger of being sued.

It is difficult to imagine whether it would be successful, but I even see Slidefire themselves being sued, as well as any other company attached to this by name in any way.

1 minute ago, CZ9MM said:

It is difficult to imagine whether it would be successful, but I even see Slidefire themselves being sued, as well as any other company attached to this by name in any way.

Success has many measures.  Sandy Hook victims tried to sue the gun companies, I don't recall the outcome of all of them but I'm sure it cost the companies a few $$ to defend themselves, and it kept it in the news as well.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:17 PM, LINKS2K said:

Hang around a while. Someone is always predicting a civil or racial war. It just comes with the territory. Not a lot of optimist chiming in. 

Lack of diversity in your life and huge doses of Fox News will always have you believing the sky is falling.

With the exception of the Fox News crack I'd bet that there were a lot of idiots saying the same thing in 1861.

• Like 1