Las Vegas Shooting

FUJIMO

15 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Easy, because it is Vegas. I am sure the maid has seen a lot worse than some guy with a lot of bags.

Still sticking with my guess that he was a radicalized liberal. At least it would be like most of the previous mass shooters if he was. Telling you, it is a disease.

I think when it is finally disclosed your going to be found to be correct Dolo. I think he was probably a disgruntled radical liberal and even though his brother has said he had no political opinions I think they are going to find out that he had the same thoughts and the guy that shot up the ball field was radical liberal and he even had a hit list of Conservative Republicans in his pocket. I did not see Hillary and Gabby Giffords and hubby screaming gun control the day right after that shooting. They could not deny that shooter was a radical Liberal so kept their mouths shut hoping that shooting would go quietly into the night I guess............JMHO

• Moderators

I'm not sure what exactly we will find out or how much of it we will find out. Personally, seems to me that if he had political intentions he would/should have left a manifesto. Maybe he did and it hasn't been released/discovered yet.

I read something from a psychologist earlier (Ha! I wonder if the "psychologists" are as smart as the "firearm experts" we see quoted?). He was running through the list, stating how over the years the shooter would have become more and more internally disgruntled and something pushed him over the edge. He listed one of the reasons for that as possibly being a terminal illness.

I had not thought of that, but in my opinion it could fit and be a factor. Perhaps for years he had been growing hate, whether towards conservatives, country music lovers, or even Jason Aldean himself. Perhaps several months ago he found out he had a short term terminal illness and started plotting his dramatic exit from this world. His age being a data outlier could partially be explained by the occurrence of a terminal issue, and I feel likewise his age increased the likelihood of a terminal illness as well.

Supposedly his brother had made a statement regarding how much he (the shooter) hated cigarette smoke. He hated it so much that he would carry a cigar with him and blow smoke in the faces of those around him when they were smoking. It takes a specific type of person to do that.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Admin Team

The Gell-Mann Amnesia affect is probably worth considering when looking at reporting here.  As stated by Michael Crichton:

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.
In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

• Like 7
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

The Gell-Mann Amnesia affect is probably worth considering when looking at reporting here.  As stated by Michael Crichton:

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.
In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

Exactly! Since firearms are our niche, it is easy for most of us to pick out errors in the reporting. However, we very, very quickly take some/all other forms of reporting as much, much more accurate than our niche, simply because we cannot point out the errors because we simply do not see them.

Ah, Crichton. What a loss he was. I remember staying up late at night finishing Sphere. What a trip that was! Forget the movie.

1 hour ago, CZ9MM said:

I'm not sure what exactly we will find out or how much of it we will find out. Personally, seems to me that if he had political intentions he would/should have left a manifesto. Maybe he did and it hasn't been released/discovered yet.

The one photo from inside the room shows a table with what looks like a note on it, held down by a roll of tape.

Several people on the other forum pointed it out too but I haven't heard/seen anything official.

2 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

With the exception of the Fox News crack I'd bet that there were a lot of idiots saying the same thing in 1861.

Get a hobby and get over it man. When did I make that comment, several days ago? 

You gave it a thumbs down, I accepted it as your opinion and went on with my life. Yet, you’re still harping on it. Must have really hit close to home. 

Have a good day!

34 minutes ago, jonathon1289 said:

The one photo from inside the room shows a table with what looks like a note on it, held down by a roll of tape.

Several people on the other forum pointed it out too but I haven't heard/seen anything official.

Kind of hard to tell with any certainty from these pictures. not enough resolution when you zoom in on them and I'm sure this was done intentionally.

VEl0wGZ.png

Ever since I saw this the first time I'm at a loss as to what this piece of furniture is called.  I have some ideas and have not attempted a search yet but is anyone else familiar with it?

J40vRK1.png

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Ever since I saw this the first time I'm at a loss as to what this piece of furniture is called.  I have some ideas and have not attempted a search yet but is anyone else familiar with it?

J40vRK1.png

I believe the technical term would be "two chairs pushed together."

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I believe the technical term would be "two chairs pushed together."

I was thinking that and possibly hinged on one side. Since my travels don't include staying in hotels of the likes of Mandalay Bay it's foreign to me.

1 hour ago, LINKS2K said:

Get a hobby and get over it man. When did I make that comment, several days ago? 

You gave it a thumbs down, I accepted it as your opinion and went on with my life. Yet, you’re still harping on it. Must have really hit close to home. 

Have a good day!

Thread's been locked for a bit, remember?

Have a good day!

:blah:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Some people have short memories. :shrug:

So you stewed on it the entire time the thread was locked, and that was the best you could come up with in response? 

We don't agree on something. Move on!

Also, you and your cheerleaders can feel free to block me. No need to act like catty little girls every time I post. 

Edited by LINKS2K

So you stewed on it the entire time the thread was locked, and that was the best you could come up with in response? 

We don't agree on something. Move on!

Also, you and your cheerleaders can feel free to block me. No need to act like catty little girls every time I post. 

Damn Linky. You are a real ball of sunshine these days. Why block you? It's fun to watch you hang out with the deplorables :) . If they'll let you back on Arfcom, you have have even more fun :). Lot's of racists over there too.

You know I'm just funnin' you, right?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Kind of hard to tell with any certainty from these pictures. not enough resolution when you zoom in on them and I'm sure this was done intentionally.

VEl0wGZ.png

Catching up on stuff after work....that letter is supposedly just immigration procedure. It was a close-up leak from 4chan so who knows but could be why the paper seems to be largely ignored.

23 hours ago, TGO David said:

My only request is that we try to steer clear of the conspiracy theories and keep "Occam's Razor" in mind.  If you're not familiar, Occam's Razor is the idea that when presented with an array of possible solutions or answers, the most simple one is statistically going to be the correct one.

David,

The problem is that Occam's Razor in this case may actually point to an "alternate theory". Granted, while we don't have all facts, something does not look right here. If you were a mad man trying to kill as many people, you'd bring several guns, some for backup, and lots of ammo. The amount of guns here seems excessive. (Unless he wasn't aware that you can reload firearms). The way they are laid out in the pictures also looks odd to me, almost as if they were "sprinkled" around the room for effect, not stacked up. You know, to make a statement. I think he was making his statement by shooting as many people as he could. I don't think his statement was "look how many guns I can have".

I have to admit that I only did cursory research/reading about this case yesterday, and have not, and don't intent to, do any further research at this point. But after reading that he doesn't seem to fit the typical profile, my first thought was he may have just been a pawn. It's pretty convenient to just have a body with a "self-inflicted" gun shot wound in a room full of guns. It is possible that he was just picked up an hour earlier, lured to that room, shot, and then whoever did the shooting and managed to disappear. Now, I'm not a conspiracy nut, and don't point to shadow government agents, etc, but this case just has some odd things about it. Occam's Razor might actually lead us away from the truth. I'd like to see some evidence (like hotel video footage) of him hauling "bags" to his room, or engaged in the act of shooting or whatever. At this point we got a mystery man in a room full of guns.

And that just looks too much like a familiar movie plot to me. I'm curious though. Will we try to gather evidence and come to a conclusion, or will he have a conclusion that we'll be gathering evidence for? 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Obiwan said:

David,

The problem is that Occam's Razor in this case may actually point to an "alternate theory". Granted, while we don't have all facts, something does not look right here. If you were a mad man trying to kill as many people, you'd bring several guns, some for backup, and lots of ammo. The amount of guns here seems excessive. (Unless he wasn't aware that you can reload firearms). The way they are laid out in the pictures also looks odd to me, almost as if they were "sprinkled" around the room for effect, not stacked up. You know, to make a statement. I think he was making his statement by shooting as many people as he could. I don't think his statement was "look how many guns I can have".

I have to admit that I only did cursory research/reading about this case yesterday, and have not, and don't intent to, do any further research at this point. But after reading that he doesn't seem to fit the typical profile, my first thought was he may have just been a pawn. It's pretty convenient to just have a body with a "self-inflicted" gun shot wound in a room full of guns. It is possible that he was just picked up an hour earlier, lured to that room, shot, and then whoever did the shooting and managed to disappear. Now, I'm not a conspiracy nut, and don't point to shadow government agents, etc, but this case just has some odd things about it. Occam's Razor might actually lead us away from the truth. I'd like to see some evidence (like hotel video footage) of him hauling "bags" to his room, or engaged in the act of shooting or whatever. At this point we got a mystery man in a room full of guns.

And that just looks too much like a familiar movie plot to me. I'm curious though. Will we try to gather evidence and come to a conclusion, or will he have a conclusion that we'll be gathering evidence for? 

Not sure I'm ready to believe that he was just going for better numbers than the last sicko. Now, if he was looking to kill lots of white folks or conservatives, his best bet was that show. We had an event at that venue the weekend before, but it was a much broader audience