I didn't have a whole lot of hope for it anyhow but this really ticks me off. :mad:

Two days after an attacker opened fire on concert goers in Las Vegas, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc) announced he was shelving legislation to deregulate suppressors.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/03/paul-ryan-sides-with-hillary-shelves-bill-to-deregulate-suppressors/

I didn't see much chance of it going any place to begin with since McConnell is not moving on any bills being sent to the Senate. The house has over 200 bills to send to the Senate and they get ignored by the Senate........................:wall:

Just now, MacGyver said:

Hmmm.  It’s almost like the GOP doesn’t care much about guns either.  

We’ve seen it here in Tennessee despite a supermajority.  I don’t know why we’d expect much different in Washington.  

Me thinks you are right

• Like 1

Is anyone really suprised? When has the federal government ever repealed or relaxed a law concerning firearms and accessories?  BTW, you can't argue the '94 "assault weapons ban" as it was only a temporary law that was not renewed.  ;)

• Like 4

If the legislation had any chance at all of passing that chance went away with the events in Vegas.  I agree that the Repocrats are no more on our side than the Dempublicans but in a parallel universe where the GOP really is on the side of gun owners this would still probably be the best move.  Better to shelve it for now - when it has no hope of passing - and possibly bring it back around later than to open the floor to the mewling and haranguing from the antis using Vegas for their own political purposes.