Perfecting my carry gun

4 hours ago, Frenchs24 said:

Seriously are you trying to justify carrying around an ak at the mall hidden in your coat... really good way to end up dead... can you yes... should you no... i leave an AR IN MY TRUCK for real problems.... actually for the exact reason of some mouth breather carrying around an AK

Dial back the rhetoric a notch or three and don't be so quick to judge.  

More than a few of us have met dolomite, heard the stories, and understand why he does what he does. You'll be hard pressed to find a more respected member of this community. 

• Like 7

Is everyone triggered or what its a ####ing joke not directed at any particular person... im just saying if i saw some dip #### carrying an ak around concealed carry under a coat the first thought i would have just like many others is wtf is this asshole doing especially bc of all the mass shootings... if thats that hard to comprehend we can just stop here bc you are unreasonable... 

31 minutes ago, Frenchs24 said:

Is everyone triggered or what its a ####ing joke not directed at any particular person... im just saying if i saw some dip #### carrying an ak around concealed carry under a coat the first thought i would have just like many others is wtf is this asshole doing especially bc of all the mass shootings... if thats that hard to comprehend we can just stop here bc you are unreasonable... 

You were the one that opened up this can of worms by your first post. You have 48 posts and you decide to be judgemental toward one of the most well liked and respected members of this community and I can promise you people like myself are going to step up and say something for sure. As far as being unreasonable that is pretty much what you were by making your first post without  knowing anything at all about the person that began the thread so yea we can drop it right here!!!..............JMO 

A better question may have been, why have you decided to carry an AR/AK pistol?

Or, are you confident with your concealment rig so as not to upset the sheep at Walmart?

The folks here who pack in long guns are very aware of the mobs' view on visible firearms.

Edited by Gotthegoods
1 hour ago, Frenchs24 said:

Who said anything about under a coat? More than one TGOer carries an AK or AR pistol (or similar) in a small gym bag/backpack/racquet case. I guess that makes them mouth breathing dip#### assholes because they found a legal way to not be outgunned?

Edited by monkeylizard

I have carried it EVERYWHERE and have been for quite some time now. I have walked through most stores with it and no one was the wiser. It is part of my EDC, along with a lot of other items, so it is with me every time I leave my house.

And anyone here is more than welcome to put some rounds through it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Frenchs24 said:

Nice try, but I don't believe for a second that humor was your initial intent.  

You may be used to other forums where it's common for members to give each other a hard time, drop f-bombs, and the like.  We don't do that here. The idea is to keep this family friendly.  Read the code of conduct. 

I'll reiterate my suggestion to dial back the rhetoric and agree that stopping here is a good idea. 

• Like 5
  • Administrator

Gentlemen, please.  We have the advantage of knowing Dolo and the reasons why he carries what he does how he does.  Newcomers do not.  

From a practical perspective, take Dolo out of this equation and insert someone else.  Our favorite dipstick Voldemort, or a quintessentially villainous looking middle easterner wearing prayer robes with a MOLLE decked plate carrier, or an angry-looking youth wearing all black and a trench coat.  If you saw any of those people waltzing into a public area with an AK of any sort, you'd probably start moving toward an exit with your hand near your gun too.

BUT, we do know Dolo and we understand the reasons why this meets his specific requirements.  This thread might be a good place for him to copy and paste some of his previous explanations here for those who, like French, don't understand.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TGO David said:

Gentlemen, please.  We have the advantage of knowing Dolo and the reasons why he carries what he does how he does.  Newcomers do not.  

From a practical perspective, take Dolo out of this equation and insert someone else.  Our favorite dipstick Voldemort, or a quintessentially villainous looking middle easterner wearing prayer robes with a MOLLE decked plate carrier, or an angry-looking youth wearing all black and a trench coat.  If you saw any of those people waltzing into a public area with an AK of any sort, you'd probably start moving toward an exit with your hand near your gun too.

BUT, we do know Dolo and we understand the reasons why this meets his specific requirements.  This thread might be a good place for him to copy and paste some of his previous explanations here for those who, like French, don't understand.

Oh no you didn't,  you said voldermort. :devil::devil:

• Administrator
Just now, dralarms said:

Oh no you didn't,  you said voldermort. :devil::devil:

I needed three examples of people a Law Enforcement officer might encounter in a quasi-threatening situation and have to ask himself, "Am I justified in shooting this asshole?".  Logical example.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, TGO David said:

We do know Dolomite and he does not need to explain what he does to anyone.  He has his reasons and that’s all there is to it.  

12 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

AIUI, there's no maximum length of what a handgun can be, either in federal or TN laws. With no VFG, it remains a handgun so Dolo could carry it with his HCP. Because it's OAL is >26", he can add a VFG if he wants without needing a $200 tax stamp and NFA paperwork. When a VFG is attached, it becomes a "firearm" by ATF terminology. I assume TN would use the ATF definitions and not consider it a handgun if it has a VFG, making it a no-go for carry. As long as there's no VFG, I think he's good to go, but I'm usually wrong and Oh Shoot will correct me shortly.  :)

After the "flurry", just wanted to say, that's all correct -- except for the very minor exception that there's a definition of handgun in TN statute that says "a barrel of less than 12 inches".  Not that there's some penalty for it, nor does it say what if becomes if 12" or more, and of course most all AR/AK pistol configs are indeed about 11.5" max anyway.

- OS