Johnson City FullAuto Arrest?

VERO1

57 minutes ago, dralarms said:

saw that too. Looks like he had "modified" weapons. Hope they bury him. Makes us all looks bad

I am assuming he will get "modified" in prison soon. He probably did a Youtube vid about it.

No way would I risk that much time just for a little faster rate of fire.

As an aside and a warning, for those of us who have gone through the process to have Class III items, make sure you have copies of your stamps and proper paperwork with you when these items are out of the safes. The public perception of suppressors, SBRs, etc is being distorted by the media now. And many officers that might make a traffic stop might not be fully aware of laws either, so watch your back guys and play safe and legal. Just my opinion....[emoji6]

• Like 2

https://www.policeone.com/investigations/articles/427063006-Tenn-sheriff-Machine-guns-900-rounds-found-during-traffic-stop/

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. — Police in Tennessee say they found a large cache of weapons, including two machine guns, on a driver pulled over for speeding.

The Johnson City Press quotes Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal as saying deputies found a .357-caliber Magnum, a loaded .45-caliber semi-automatic, a .223-caliber fully automatic AR rifle, a .308-caliber fully automatic AR rifle, more than 900 rounds of ammunition, and survival equipment.

Graybeals says the discovery was made after the deputies stopped 43-year-old Scott A. Edmisten for speeding early Monday.

He says Edmisten threatened the arresting officer and lunged toward investigators who tried to question him after he was taken to a detention center.

Edmisten is charged with possession of prohibited weapons, speeding, and felony evading arrest. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.

gunsfinal.jpg

Play stupid games with stupid prizes. 

Most people that have ever shot full auto understand it is good for a few laughs but that is about all. Fun as long as someone else is buying the ammo. Not as much fun though when it is your ammo. 

Controlled fire is much more accurate and effective. However either method is horrific when it is from a madman. 

• Like 3
Play stupid games with stupid prizes. 
Most people that have ever shot full auto understand it is good for a few laughs but that is about all. Fun as long as someone else is buying the ammo. Not as much fun though when it is your ammo. 
Controlled fire is much more accurate and effective. However either method is horrific when it is from a madman. 

I was reading an article yesterday saying that machine guns make bullets fly faster than rifles, and it quoted the army manual saying the M-16 had a max effective range of 400 yards, and the M-249 was 800 yards. They failed to appreciate that the 800 yard figure was because it was an area weapon, not a point weapon.

Full auto was only useful for light skinned vehicles when I manned an M2, or in an infantry ambush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many decades ago as a Marine with a standard M16 we qualified at 200, 300, 500 and some of us at 1000 yards. I still have no idea why it was only some at 1000 and as usual there seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to the who. Regardless, yes that platform is capable of accurate and deadly fire out that far. Big difference being the controlled fire vs the spray and pray technique. 

Last thing we want to do though is discuss that particular area after Sunday's event.

That would just fuel the grabbers big time.

24 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Many decades ago as a Marine with a standard M16 we qualified at 200, 300, 500 and some of us at 1000 yards. I still have no idea why it was only some at 1000 and as usual there seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to the who. Regardless, yes that platform is capable of accurate and deadly fire out that far. Big difference being the controlled fire vs the spray and pray technique. 

Last thing we want to do though is discuss that particular area after Sunday's event.

That would just fuel the grabbers big time.

No danger of adding fuel due to that, hunting rifles are capable of distances greater than most ARs.  But its the evil black rifles that get the blame.

Looks like a prepper.  There is no crime in having an un-serialized gun, as long as he didn't remove the numbers.  The stash doesn't tell us if he had evil intentions, but he is well and truly f'd if he modified to a machine-gun in given what just happened in Vegas. 

Sounds like the guys was a little off outside of the guns themselves.  They potentially stopped something very bad from happening as well.  No way to ever know, but this guy will not be seeing any time outside for quite a while.

7 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

It would have been "wise" to not threaten the officer and then just go on your way after getting a ticket.....But better for everyone he did not think that way

Heck, it would have been 'wise' not to friggin' speed when you have illegally altered firearms in the vehicle.  That is what gets me - if the dude had the sense to exercise a bit of caution and travel at the speed limit he wouldn't have been stopped in the first place.  I know we all exceed the speed limit from time to time but a good, general rule of thumb is if you have something in your vehicle that could get you some federal prison time you should probably try every way possible to avoid interacting with the po-po.

• Like 2

I went back and read the article twice to be sure. I wonder why a Sheriff would refer to the magazines as clips. You would think a Sheriff would not make a mistake like that but I guess that is just something not important but just unusual ....... JMHO

• Moderators
I went back and read the article twice to be sure. I wonder why a Sheriff would refer to the magazines as clips. You would think a Sheriff would not make a mistake like that but I guess that is just something not important but just unusual ....... JMHO

Sheriffs are oftentimes not even heavily involved in law enforcement but rather an elected position. Entirely possibly he knows little to nothing about guns, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1