Land Between the Lakes

• Admin Team

Good fishing up there. 

I feel like there’s a ton of stuff up there that I’ve never explored. I need to spend more time up there. Good people in Big Sandy and Paris.  

My third grader went up there on a field trip for three days and loved it. 

• Like 1

If you’re staying at the Paris Landing State Park then give their Inn’s restaurant a try, I’ve been favorably impressed with their buffets. I’ll also highly recommend going to Pattie’s which is fairly close by and having a meal. They’re famous for their stuffed pork chops and flowerpot bread, if you don’t want to make a lunch or dinner reservation or wait for an exceptionally long period of time then Mr. Bill’s is there too.

• Like 1

I still haven't decided whether to take my boat or leave it at home. It'll just be the wife and me, and the weather isn't looking real promising. We may spend enough time sight seeing to not even go out on the lake fishing. I'll still throw in a rod and tackle box either way.

...Hit send too fast. If you like golf the course up at Kenlake State Resort is ok and there are some courses around Murray that are ok too. Lots of mini golf. I am not a fisherman but the fishing is generally good and you can get some local advice on where currently. The Homeplace at LBL is interesting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pattie's was neat. I'll also recommend Blue's Landing in Buchannan, TN. The guy who chefs there really takes pride in his work.

Thanks for the suggestions. There was much to see and do there. We spent one day in LBL, one day in Union City (Dixie Gun Works) and Reelfoot Lake, and another day touring Ft. Donelson, and accompanying sights. There's a LOT of history in the old Dover Hotel alone. This left very little time for fishing. I will definitely go back and fish more next time. Might also take my ATV for the 100 miles of off road trails at LBL.

This was the least commercialized and least crowded place I believe we've ever been. I loved it!

57 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

. Might also take my ATV for the 100 miles of off road trails at LBL.

This was the least commercialized and least crowded place I believe we've ever been. I loved it!

Note that ATV's are only allowed at Turkey Bay.  Vehicles must be plated for most of the roads. 

And yes, it's a really nice place. 

• Like 1