Great mental conditioning

From Dave Grossman

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn’t tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, “Baa.”

If only the mob would or could understand my perspective for defensive firearm ownership. If tactically sound, based on my skill set, they could very well benefit from my presence in an close encounter of a bad kind.

Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

"The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. "

I do not think Grossman has been keeping up what the gov't and some LE are getting away with.

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

"The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. "

I do not think Grossman has been keeping up what the gov't and some LE are getting away with.

And those are the sheepdogs that should be put down because they have become diseased, unfortunately it is getting harder and harder to tell the difference between a sick sheepdog and one that is well.

One must also remember all the sheepdogs descended from wolves and some will find their roots.

Every time I watch one of the shows about law enforcement I get sick with what is now considered acceptable. Every single show I see an officer violate a person's constitutional right, be it the First, Fourth or Fifth, I see it ever single show. "May I search your car", "No", "Well that gives me probable cause because no one who isn't breaking a law would object". "Where were you coming from?", silence, "You are under arrest for obstruction for not answering.". Seen both of those scenarios play out on A&E's Live PD show. You have the right to remain silent but only AFTER you have been placed under arrest, before that you MUST answer or go to jail for obstruction.

And this is not to paint ALL LE in a bad light because most of them are pro Constitution but there are some that will trample it.

• Like 1