HCP and DL stations question

Guest Fenris

OK, I hope this isn't a dumb question. If it is, won't be the first.

I know when I was obtaining my CDL there were definitely DL stations that you did and didn't want to go to because of wait, personnel's attitudes, etc. Is it the same with HCP? I'm taking the class tomorrow and plan on going Tuesday afternoon to show my passport and pay my fee.

I live near the one on Murfreesboro Road by the airport, but I work near OHB and I-65 in Brentwood and could jet down to Hwy 96, etc.

Any bad experiences or extraordinarily long wait times?

As a side note: this is an awesome board with a lot of great info and I've enjoyed getting to know some of you guys on here. Thanks for making the newbies welcome.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest somewhere other than Nashville. I live in Hendersonville, but took care of all mine in Shelbyville. Less than 10 minutes and I was done.

Of course, I was working, and just so happened to be in that area. I'm not sure I'd make that drive to save time, but knowing how slow the DMV's are in Nashville, you'd probably be faster by making such a trip.

Not a bad idea. I live near I-24 and Haywood. Could I jump down to Smyrna or the 'boro?

I went into the station in Murfreesboro at 7am on a Tuesday morning when they opened. (They are, or were closed on Mondays) I did my HCP stuff, renewed my drivers license and had a new picture taken; in and out in 20 minutes. They were courteous and friendly and no one batted an eye when I mentioned HCP.

However… I think the fingerprint place was closed and I had to go there the next day. I called ahead and I was there 5 minutes.

Edited by DaveTN
Guest ProguninTN
For the Franklin location, I'd say as long you go on a day where kids are in school it should be fairly quick for ya.. I've never had a bad experience there.

My experience at the Franklin location was ok, but the wait was long. However, I did mine before the DOS relocated to its current location. The new location is larger and has more staff, so maybe the wait isn't as long.